Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:37 (Ref:822070)   #26
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if the cardio-therasic unit has any space in it at the moment with GTR stopping my heart like that.

L1's is per each or per pair?

$850k for an L2 has to be over-valued by a wee margin - about 30% at least, given the return and benefits being less than an L1!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:46 (Ref:822078)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why is the L2 over priced?

If a L2 team can earn $200k per annum in franchise income by actually being successful, it is actually undervalued... find me a legal investment anywhere at the moment that produces 23% pre-tax annual yields plus a market-driven capital gain...

And yes the L1 is per pair.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:49 (Ref:822081)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So $2.2million for a pair of Level 1 entries.

Where were those performing, without giving too much away. Does a better performing franchise carry a goodwill figure?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:52 (Ref:822084)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A franchise is a franchise... if you buy one, the rights to income only begin from the day you take over.. all history, except in the top 32 franchise licence slots to Indy & NZ scenario, is effectively wiped out...

And the L1 was sold sometime this year...

Last edited by GTRMagic; 28 Dec 2003 at 23:52.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:55 (Ref:822088)   #30
Just Do It!
Veteran

Briggs' entity then? Hmmm, very interesting GTR.

So any new franchise owner starts with a blank slate? That must detract from some of the value, surely?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:04 (Ref:822095)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why does it have to be Briggs? The Briggs, SHRT, JFR and 00 L1 franchises have all changed hands this year...

Why would there be any less value in a L1 franchise if they start from nothing? At the start of any race season, they all start from nothing.

There is value in the intellectual property attached to the race cars, but I would struggle to find a valuation method that assigned goodwill to a specific franchise, when this gets reset at the end of each year.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:07 (Ref:822100)   #32
Just Do It!
Veteran

Fair enough.

Keep up the great information please, GTR.

Given the current lack of them, what would a pair of L1 licences currently be worth in your humble opinion.

What's the return on a pair of L1 licences - close to 23% like an L2?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:14 (Ref:822106)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not far off...

But like anything, it all depends on championship position.

There are very few seriously competitive cars/teams running single cars under a L2 franchise. Morris, Ellery, and on occassion TKR have some serious speed, but the others arent on the money usually...

So perhaps neither of these teams took home $200k in franchise income because they werent top 10 finishers in the series, but the possibility remains if the team is at that level of competitiveness.

By the same token, a L1 franchise finishing outside the top 25 will not get $200k in franchise income...

Why do you think investment banks like Morgan Grenfell and Credit Suisse are in F1...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:25 (Ref:822115)   #34
Just Do It!
Veteran

If you took TKR as an example, they finished well down this year, thanks to numerous reasons. They wouldn't have pulled much of an L2 surely.

What would a Top 10 L1 franchise earn compared to a Top 20 L1 franchise? I am speaking in terms of a single franchise as it's easier to deal with than the variances of different placed pairs of L1's.

Bet you wish you had an F1 franchise, GTR. Nissan would be a starter for your engine programme surely, as you are fiercely loyal to their brand ;-)
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:40 (Ref:822123)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would presume its under $150k... and its off their plan to improve 5 places each season in the overall series standings. Better than hitting your belly with a wet fish...

While the overall standing at season's end is an indication of a team's positioning in the series, each round has a set value for appearance/franchise income, and each team gets a proportion of that on the basis of their attendance/performance.

Nissan has no shot in Supercar, but thats not to say they wont be making waves in Nations Cup in 2004
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:48 (Ref:822127)   #36
Just Do It!
Veteran

So the Level 1 would do what sort of range from lowest performer to highest performer??
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:18 (Ref:822145)   #37
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan ? Group 1 or 2 I remember a GTR a few years back but was way off the pace.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 10:59 (Ref:826368)   #38
Just Do It!
Veteran

Any new news/developments here?
Old 3 Jan 2004, 12:31 (Ref:826433)   #39
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GTR, did those franchise prices include any goods (ie: workshops, cars, transporters) or just the piece of paper for the agreement?
Old 3 Jan 2004, 21:52 (Ref:826757)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Pieces of paper only.... equipment, cars, spares, factories, goodwill in team brand name, goodwill for driver/employee contracts all additional extras.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 11:13 (Ref:829287)   #41
Just Do It!
Veteran

TEGA cannot force a sale to themselves of a franchise apparently. GTR, you should check that would your mate, DT!
Old 6 Jan 2004, 11:16 (Ref:829292)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There are sufficient performance and appearance clauses in the TEGA Teams Agreement to be able to manage a result as required. Perhaps not as quickly as one would like, but it can happen in the fullness of time.

How long can an L2 operator continue to risk $150k fines for non attendance, or for its franchise to be at the bottom of the heap 2 years in a row...

Or like another recent scenario, be introduced to the franchise-owner-to-be at a meeting about something else entirely...
Old 6 Jan 2004, 11:25 (Ref:829302)   #43
Just Do It!
Veteran

You don't mean forced??
Old 6 Jan 2004, 11:30 (Ref:829309)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It was consentual... eventually... but looked for all intents and purposes like an arranged marriage...

Imagine putting trust into icons of the sport... tsk tsk tsk
Old 8 Jan 2004, 10:41 (Ref:831374)   #45
Just Do It!
Veteran

Is Charlie O'Brien confirmed to start in season 2004??
Old 9 Jan 2004, 07:59 (Ref:832400)   #46
Just Do It!
Veteran

Can no one answer this??
Old 9 Jan 2004, 08:11 (Ref:832406)   #47
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not me.
Old 10 Jan 2004, 14:01 (Ref:833536)   #48
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
Is Charlie O'Brien confirmed to start in season 2004??
Oh dear, another moving chicane for the leaders to negotiate...