Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2001, 21:32 (Ref:153916)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disastor - I missd Murray Walkers last GP

I set my alarm clock for 3:30am this morning or some other ungodly hour to get up and watch the United States GP and hear Murray's Last Grand Prix.

Unfortunantly, when the alarm clock went off, I got up, forgetting about the Grand Prix - so I turned it off and went back to sleep, having completely forgotten about the action that was at that time on my television.

I woke up at 7:30am and was lying there peacefully for a few minutes when it struck - I had missed the US Grand Prix ... I couldn't believe itm I'd been looking forward to it for days and days.

Anyway, always nice to see a Mika Hakkinen win, I reckon now that he's motivated he'll do well in Japan as well - he has the killer instinct back now.

Now, here comes my request. Does anyone have a copy of the United States GP that they would be willing to send to me?

If so, contact me at scottrussell@globalf1.net and we'll discuss it futhur. By the way, what were Murray's last words?
Old 1 Oct 2001, 00:48 (Ref:154059)   #2
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The channel 9 telecast did the usual thing and cut away quickly so we didnt hear anything unusual from Murray
Old 1 Oct 2001, 04:24 (Ref:154093)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical Channel 9...

Anyway, I have managed to get a copy of the race of one of my grandparents, so I don't need a copy of it anymore.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 07:35 (Ref:154128)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DNQ, Channel 9 are replaying it at midnight tonight (monday).

At least we got a GP live for once, but we didn't even get to hear Murray sign off, they cut to a bloody add before Trulli crossed the line. And then cutting DC off to go to the 6am news, that was repeated at 6:30 then again on the TODAY show at 7am.

At least Japan's gonna be on mid afternoon, as opposed to last years decider when we got it delayed at midnight.

I liked channel 9's tribute to Murray at the end of the broadcast though, even if it was a bit short.