Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2858084)   #451
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!

Henri.

Pescarolo is back in business without any shadow of doubt.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2858085)   #452
Senninha24
Rookie

United States
London, UK
Senninha24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three cheers for Henri and the whole Pesca crew!! So good to see that!!

Way to go Rob Bell and the JMW crew!! Those 458's are looking good...

Well, that was an interesting opening round to say the least, let's just hope it's more straightforward (officially) at the next round (which I'm sure Spa is capable to provide as usual)

I'm quite disappointed in the AMR-One, just hasn't been what I expected from the start of the whole project (even besides the fact that I think the car is not only hideous, but also looks like a little step back, I mean in the sense that looking at it, compared to that great coupe they had, it just doesnt have that feel that it's going to be a class-threatening car, I just don't see it having what it takes to rival the 908 or the new Audi. We'll see...but...for now I'm not holding my breath for this project.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2858088)   #453
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Pescarolo wins!! Great to see Henri back, really well deserved. Collard put up a great drive and Rebellion put up a good fight. Also congrats to Greaves and zytek for LMP2. Not to mention another great GTE battle, but shame about the start.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2858089)   #454
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Organizers cant even get the podium celebrations right...
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2858090)   #455
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job Henri, back on the top step where you belong, I can't wait for June.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2858092)   #456
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the come back of Pescarolo, I should say that sport is the great winner of the race.
About AMR, I hope they will be ready for the next weeks. I think the car is not ugly but modern.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2858093)   #457
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Very good to see the Pesca win. A case of sweet revenge for Henri.

Biggest disillusion was deffinetly the Aston LMP. Too ugly for words,one of the slowest cars on the track marred by all kinds of problems.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2858171)   #458
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Very good to see the Pesca win. A case of sweet revenge for Henri.

Biggest disillusion was deffinetly the Aston LMP. Too ugly for words,one of the slowest cars on the track marred by all kinds of problems.
You get the feel they developed it to attract Grandam to it as cot kinda(no pun intended)
Old 3 Apr 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2858278)   #459
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst all the Porsche heads hang themselves, I'll congratulate Pescarolo on a dream return to LMS! Also well done to JWM & AF Corse for producing a great GTE Pro battle, P2 was very interesting too & well done to Greaves on winning their class! Nissan engine working well! Pegasus & Felbermayr also getting victories too in class! Overall, quite a good race, a fair few battles & catastrophies but overall, pretty good! Roll on Spa-Francorchamps!
Old 3 Apr 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2858294)   #460
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Couldn't watch it, but glad to see Pescarolo back on top!

Old 3 Apr 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2858303)   #461
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Start was pathetic but very happy to see Pescarolo come back for a dream start to 2011, very happy indeed, its like something out of a fairytale.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 08:57 (Ref:2858436)   #462
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Motors did get some graphics later and overall did a good job except for the ad break just when the 51 pitted after it lost GTE the lead to Rob Bell. That was a strange thing, I am sure they did not take 4 tyres at their earlier stop when Fisi stayed in the car, that is how they got out so quickly. Spoke to someone at the race later who said the word was they had fuel pick up problems but why did that manifest itself just in that last stint? Anybody got it on the Sky box that could look at the penultimate 51 pit stop?
Excellent race, good to see Pesca back and Collard solid as usual, really enjoyed the whole thing. Strangling the Nissan looks unfair?
Old 4 Apr 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2858443)   #463
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Well Motors did get some graphics later and overall did a good job except for the ad break just when the 51 pitted after it lost GTE the lead to Rob Bell. That was a strange thing, I am sure they did not take 4 tyres at their earlier stop when Fisi stayed in the car, that is how they got out so quickly. Spoke to someone at the race later who said the word was they had fuel pick up problems but why did that manifest itself just in that last stint? Anybody got it on the Sky box that could look at the penultimate 51 pit stop?
Excellent race, good to see Pesca back and Collard solid as usual, really enjoyed the whole thing. Strangling the Nissan looks unfair?
it didn't manifest just in the last stint, just befor Bruni got out of the car for Fisi, bruni stoped for a moment on the start-finish straight.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2858496)   #464
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be back in Paris tonight, but I've already sorted out a clip of the race, for what it's worth... (lots of shaking and low quality)

Here's the first part, with the messed start. And the second part, including some peeking into the AMR box. I shall put some pics on line later in the week...

The race itself was ok, although it was a very short field. At least the few LMP1 all had their own dramas so it was filled with suspense. Thanks to Fisichella, GT has been very exciting in the dying part too!

Congratulations to Henri for this exeptional come back! (and congrats to Mr Firth too!)

EDIT: I hadn't realised video were such bad quality, so I'll make another version later with less compression...
Old 4 Apr 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2858622)   #465
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't say I'll be going out of my way to catch Estoril, the series put on a poor show and should be thankful RLM made the best out of it.

It's a decade since the ALMS visited Silverstone and gave an example of how you put on an international event yet still the LMS is almost apologetically low profile.

One series is for the fans the other sees itself as a stepping stone to ILMC/ALMS.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2858629)   #466
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I can't say I'll be going out of my way to catch Estoril, the series put on a poor show and should be thankful RLM made the best out of it.

It's a decade since the ALMS visited Silverstone and gave an example of how you put on an international event yet still the LMS is almost apologetically low profile.

One series is for the fans the other sees itself as a stepping stone to ILMC/ALMS.
Yep, the epic prototype race at Long Beach will be much better. Wonder what team will win LMP2, better get my yanceys fancys cheese and fire up ESPN3, and fire up radio le mans, oh wait, the ALMS got rid of them as well.

Agree with you about the ILMC (especially when Pescarolo and Rebellion switch to it full time in 2012), but after all the stupid decisions including dropping a real television package, NO radio le mans(RSL), an apalling schedule with another pipedream street circuit added, splitting the LMP classes when you only have 4 full time prototypes, promoting the series as green racing instead of for the fans or world class and continuing to keep the GTC class as a frogmobile cup, the ALMS is hardly for the fans anymore.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 4 Apr 2011 at 15:24.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2858634)   #467
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
dp
Old 4 Apr 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2858665)   #468
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Start was pathetic...
I agree! All I can say about the start is: now I know why terms like FUBAR and SNAFU were penned.

DK
Old 4 Apr 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2858674)   #469
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Yep, the epic prototype race at Long Beach will be much better. Wonder what team will win LMP2, better get my yanceys fancys cheese and fire up ESPN3, and fire up radio le mans, oh wait, the ALMS got rid of them as well.

Agree with you about the ILMC (especially when Pescarolo and Rebellion switch to it full time in 2012), but after all the stupid decisions including dropping a real television package, NO radio le mans(RSL), an apalling schedule with another pipedream street circuit added, splitting the LMP classes when you only have 4 full time prototypes, promoting the series as green racing instead of for the fans or world class and continuing to keep the GTC class as a frogmobile cup, the ALMS is hardly for the fans anymore.
Go to a few LMS races and you'll soon realise what an outstanding product the ALMS is, short-term troubles aside.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 18:57 (Ref:2858756)   #470
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
that was an absolute sham - i feel angry enough, waiting for one of only 5 events of the season, I can't imagine how the teams affected by such a farce are feeling.

The organisers have ruined the entire championship, I simply wasn't interested after that despite looking forward to it for months. I'm sure the other rounds will still be good events in their own right, especially the ILMC ones, but the GT championship (the one that interests me most) has effectively been determined by complete outside interference and incompetence of the highest order.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2858775)   #471
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it seems that for the GTE class the teams will be alowed to scrap one race. or only 4 best out of 5 will be scored. Planetlemans reports that Porsche Michelotto and aston have agreed to this. people you have to hand it to Michelotto they really are a true fair player
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2858799)   #472
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
was going to suggest something like that, good to see such sportsmanship still exists if true - not just Ferrari but also for Aston, who got what would have been an excellent third for them.

Hope that's true.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2858886)   #473
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be a sporting thing to do if the teams decide to do that. Say what you want about the questionable regs, TV deals, and pace car driving, but it is nice to see such sportsmanship in sports car racing right now with the Nicolet-Pescarolo thing and all.

Speaking of which, it is nice to see Pescarolo and JMW erase their disappointing 2010 seasons and return to their rightful place atop of podiums! Also, it is interesting that Dunlop is 2 for 2 in GTE-Pro racing so far this year. They've had a little bit of luck with both wins, but it's not all luck. They have clearly done their homework. It's nice to see meaningful competition even when the field is reduced to being all 458s!
Old 5 Apr 2011, 04:03 (Ref:2858931)   #474
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
it seems that for the GTE class the teams will be alowed to scrap one race. or only 4 best out of 5 will be scored. Planetlemans reports that Porsche Michelotto and aston have agreed to this. people you have to hand it to Michelotto they really are a true fair player
In a world where motorsport is quite cuthroat and ruthless, hats go off to michelotto for agreeing to do this (if its true-I await some official confirmation), its probably the best outcome seeing as though it wasnt porsche's and aston's fault that the incident occoured. It would be good for the championship battle.

Has porsche commented on the incident at all? I would be thinking they would be quite unamused (like the Felbermayer mechanic who kicked the car as it sat on the straight afterwards).
Old 5 Apr 2011, 05:35 (Ref:2858941)   #475
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
to Michelotto (if true)