Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3198000)   #76
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of, if all reserves are used Aston Martin could have 6 cars there.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3198007)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rare for them all to be used - but not impossible.....
Old 2 Feb 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3198024)   #78
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
There's 15 lmp2's. I could care less about that. I want to see them in LMP1. 2014 with them being there is great though.
really. a couple more privateers p1 cars racing 10 laps down from audi/toyota.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3198049)   #79
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
really. a couple more privateers p1 cars racing 10 laps down from audi/toyota.
Exactly. Why should a privateer invest more money in P1 if all they get is a 4th or 5th finish, no podium unless one of the big manufacturers fall over in the race, and with an invented privateer p1 championship trophy? On the other hand they can invest less money, have entertaining races with other privateers (especially since these privateers who have their owner, gentleman driver, racing as well, and eager to have a chellenging and exciting experience) and thrive for a chance to be seen on th podium, interviewed for tv, radio or other press, and a chance to win an actual class championship?

I know where I'd go.

Good to have a lot of P2s!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3198053)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ask Bart Haydon how pleased he was with his result last year. Pleased enough to be back to do it again.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3198058)   #81
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ask Bart Haydon how pleased he was with his result last year. Pleased enough to be back to do it again.
He's one of the few with enough money to do this and not race himself

But I wonder if he's disappointed with the lack of Oak and JRM this year. Last year he was happy especially because they had 3 big competitors. This season they have 1.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3198082)   #82
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Private teams get a bigger fuel tank and bigger restrictor. So they'll be faster and go further in their stints. Meanwhile the factory teams get +15kg. A privateer team finished 3rd last year at Bahrain, and they have their own 'championship'. That's why there's a good reason to enter, plus you may entice a factory to sign up with you in the future.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3198083)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I suspect he'll still be happy (as presumably are his sponsors) to be back at Le Mans - in what is still the top class for all that....
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3198091)   #84
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Private teams get a bigger fuel tank and bigger restrictor. So they'll be faster and go further in their stints. Meanwhile the factory teams get +15kg. A privateer team finished 3rd last year at Bahrain, and they have their own 'championship'. That's why there's a good reason to enter, plus you may entice a factory to sign up with you in the future.
But a bigger fuel tank + more fuel in the car = more weight.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3198098)   #85
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , one very sickening thing is 19 Nissan engines !!! ..... Oh , and an Oreca 03/Nissan will win the championship .
It's not the first time we've been down this route though- it seems that an Oreca-Nissan, or if you're going a different chassis route, at least the Nissan engine, is the most competitive package in P2 at present, so it's no surprise most of the teams have gone this route.

Think back to Group C- most of the C1 privateers in 962s, and most of the C2 privateers using a Cosworth DFL, whether it was in the back of a Spice, Tiga or whatever.

Yes, I'd desperately love to see more variety in the class, but for that to happen, we need someone to offer something that can consistently beat the Oreca/Lola/OAK Morgan-Nissan packages.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3198099)   #86
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
But a bigger fuel tank + more fuel in the car = more weight.
Which is why they get more power, and the factory teams get +15kg to their minimum weight. I don't think it'll equal them, but they will (hopefully) be closer.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3198175)   #87
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Yes, I'd desperately love to see more variety in the class, but for that to happen, we need someone to offer something that can consistently beat the Oreca/Lola/OAK Morgan-Nissan packages.
Starworks did just that with their HPD/HPD, didn't they? (Level 5 to a lesser degree as well in the ALMS). So what's keeping others to make the same choice as these two? Purchasing costs? Is the engine not cost-capped? Maybe the running costs for the HPD are significantly higher as well?
Old 2 Feb 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3198190)   #88
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Rare for them all to be used - but not impossible.....
I cant see much being pulled at the moment ..... except for possibily the 56th pit ..... but as Im sure nothing much is expected from them apart from a tech demo , they should be there .

And possibily the Vipers if they dont get more speed and reliability , but again , Im sure they have been busy bees over the off season .
Old 2 Feb 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3198216)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I cant see much being pulled at the moment ..... except for possibily the 56th pit ..... but as Im sure nothing much is expected from them apart from a tech demo , they should be there .

Just like the DW last year, they need to make sure they're there, to avoid major embarrassment for them and the ACO. Let's just hope it won't be a run a la Lambo.....
Old 2 Feb 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3198250)   #90
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Was the list of reserves published at all?
Old 2 Feb 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3198252)   #91
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Was the list of reserves published at all?
For what? Garage 56? No reserves have been announced there as far as I'm aware.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3198285)   #92
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3198328)   #93
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Though not as important as the cars and teams entered, a driver note:

Starworks now lists Jan Charouz as a driver on their website. I may have missed an announcement of it, but that was new to me. Dalziel/Popow/Charouz this year?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3198430)   #94
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Though not as important as the cars and teams entered, a driver note:

Starworks now lists Jan Charouz as a driver on their website. I may have missed an announcement of it, but that was new to me. Dalziel/Popow/Charouz this year?
He drove for the team at Daytona in the "other" car (#8).
Old 3 Feb 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3198434)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
For what? Garage 56? No reserves have been announced there as far as I'm aware.
There is no reserve for garage 56.

Anyhow, we're discussing Le Mans in the wrong thread. Please use the entry list thread in the Le Mans subforum for Le Mans-specific news or comment.

Thanks
Old 3 Feb 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3198435)   #96
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still makes me laugh when people doom and gloom the WEC yet it's as strong as it and the ILMC have ever been. Do people just like to naysay everything?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3198462)   #97
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Still makes me laugh when people doom and gloom the WEC yet it's as strong as it and the ILMC have ever been. Do people just like to naysay everything?
People will always point to P1 but in reality it's no worse than a championship like the WRC has been for the last few years.

At the end of the day - "haters gonna hate".
Old 3 Feb 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3198590)   #98
Nigma
Rookie

Ireland
Sligo, Ireland
Nigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the 2012 season is anything to go by, I'm left to believe Toyota will be running this kind of line up.

#7 - Wurz & Lapierre / Nakijima races when required (Le Mans, Fuji etc, etc)
#8 - Davidson & Sarrazin / Buemi races when required (Le Mans, ???)

edit- I recall Hindy mentioning during the press conference that the Americans thought it was the end of P2 worldwide because it had more or less died out in America. Except it's pretty much thriving in Europe. Those American's are going to be in for one hell of a shock if they attend/watch the Circuit of The America's track.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3198641)   #99
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
He drove for the team at Daytona in the "other" car (#8).
Ah, thanks; didn't follow Daytona. People should just put me on ignore. I don't ever have correct info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
edit- I recall Hindy mentioning during the press conference that the Americans thought it was the end of P2 worldwide because it had more or less died out in America. Except it's pretty much thriving in Europe. Those American's are going to be in for one hell of a shock if they attend/watch the Circuit of The America's track.
I think most Americans who follow the WEC (like myself) were more than aware that LMP2 had not died worldwide.

The only American making a big fuss was John Dagys because he had speculated something like 24 LMP2s for the WEC and that was never going to happen. I think the rest of us realized that the LMP2 car count in the WEC was going to be fine even if it fell short of early speculation.

Just an opinion, though. Maybe I am overestimating people's abilities to keep ALMS and WEC straight without blending the two, as I have proven I can't tell a Grand-Am driver lineup from a WEC one.

But no, really, I don't recall any "LMP2 is dead" talk in the context of the WEC outside of Peter Baron on a Grand-Am power trip saying there would only be 3 cars in WEC P2 (Baron's a nice guy but he's just so emotional) and John Dagys getting upset that the LMP2 grid would be realistic as opposed to pure fantasy.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3198684)   #100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post

The only American making a big fuss was John Dagys because he had speculated something like 24 LMP2s for the WEC and that was never going to happen. I think the rest of us realized that the LMP2 car count in the WEC was going to be fine even if it fell short of early speculation.

Shock horror! He wasn't........ wrong...... was he? (I can hardly bring myself to say it.......).