Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2002, 23:00 (Ref:429589)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuka 1996

I downloaded this race of the net, and I found the finish a bit confusing. It shows the Williams team cheering Damon home and he goes past them but then slows just before the finish line and appears to get passed by Schumacher!!! Yet the results say he won by 1 second. Could someone clear this up for me please?:confused:
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:17 (Ref:429641)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont remember that happening ?
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:21 (Ref:429646)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were two finish lines, as in many racetracks. The timing and scoring one is at the start of the grid almost, where the flagman is, and the start one is obviously at the beginning of the grid.
Why? I dunno.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:35 (Ref:429654)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes , but im sure Micheal wasnt anywhere near Damon going over the finish line ?
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:37 (Ref:429657)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Michael was 1.8 seconds behind, but thats only because Damon slowed up massivly at one point he was 25 seconds ahead.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:37 (Ref:429658)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember the onboard on Damon's car, I think Schumacher passes him slighly just before the second finish line. But Damon had won the race already.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:39 (Ref:429659)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Damon was never 25 seconds ahead, maybe only during pitstops, but he always kept his distance between 1 and 6 seconds
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:39 (Ref:429660)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
yep....i rememeber now...micheal drew up along side him going onto turn 1 and waved at him i think
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:59 (Ref:429666)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah! I also remember the next race when Damon saw the Williams on the giant screen during quals, and for a moment thought his team mate was doing so well. Then he said he remembered he was in the Arrows, desperately trying to do an Alex Yoong to get onto the grid.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 06:50 (Ref:429747)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Suzuka 1996

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
I downloaded this race of the net
C'mon, don't be selfish. Where from? Was it full lenght race or just highlights?
Old 16 Nov 2002, 10:13 (Ref:429812)   #11
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Yeah! I also remember the next race when Damon saw the Williams on the giant screen during quals, and for a moment thought his team mate was doing so well. Then he said he remembered he was in the Arrows, desperately trying to do an Alex Yoong to get onto the grid.
It's amazing how in the first race he almost did not qualify and how later he qualified 4th and almost won a race!
Old 16 Nov 2002, 12:55 (Ref:429900)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So the Yamaha engine in the back of the Arrows wasn't so bad after all...
Just the car that was total
Old 16 Nov 2002, 14:15 (Ref:429932)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Suzuka 1996

Quote:
I downloaded this race of the net,
If you found site on the net where we can download full races videos ... you're sitting on a gols mine .... and hopefully us too ........ please ... pretty please .. can we have the adress so i can start download ....

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Nov 2002, 15:07 (Ref:429948)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
So the Yamaha engine in the back of the Arrows wasn't so bad after all...
Just the car that was total
And yet there are so many who say that Hill was an unworthy champion? Go figure.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 16:36 (Ref:429992)   #15
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely one of the most under-rated drivers ever. He thoroughly deserved the 1996 title, dominated that season from start to finish, and the way he almost won at Hungaroring in an Arrows (!) cemented his status in my mind as a much better driver than what many have given him credit for.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 17:18 (Ref:430019)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Damon developed considerably in 1996, but he still started messing up somewhat nearer the end of the year; most definitely deserved title though, unquestionably so. I thought his achievement of qualifying on the front row for every race was a grand achievement, I remember actively hoping for him to complete the job at Suzuka (a first for me, hoping for Damon, the second being Hungary '97 - I was genuinely gutted for him, it had nothing to do with championship considerations).

That has just reminded of Nurb '97, grrr@Mercedes on that day! Just remembered about Silverstone too, grrrr@Mercedes again.

Anyway, enough of the irrelevances. He impressed me alot in 1997, I have to say: whilst I don't think he was ever particularlty amazing, that year did put him up in my estimation.

Last edited by Dutton; 16 Nov 2002 at 17:26.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 18:13 (Ref:430038)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Really, Damon's best drives must be Hungary 97 and Suzuka 94 and 96. And compared to the Damon of 1995, there was huge improvement. He dominated in 96, while he was dominated in 1995...
Old 16 Nov 2002, 18:19 (Ref:430044)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many people just remember the quite lacklustre end to his career at Jordan. Remember that he also pushed Prost pretty hard in his 1st full season and would have won at least 2 more races had it not been for some aggonising retirements just a few laps from the end at Hockenheim and Silverstone.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 18:44 (Ref:430056)   #19
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Suzuka 1996

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
C'mon, don't be selfish. Where from? Was it full lenght race or just highlights?
introf1.wbteam.com It was in the seasonal section under 1996.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 21:24 (Ref:430102)   #20
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I never saw him race, I'd have loved to have seen him at Hungary in 1997. Ironic really for such a boring track
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 16 Nov 2002, 22:33 (Ref:430156)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it takes the Brits to achieve something fancy at the Hungaroring. Mansell '89 /'92 are also good examples!!
Old 17 Nov 2002, 08:44 (Ref:430374)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i was at Magny Cours in 93 for Damon's first pole....and where better to get it( apart form Silverstone ) than beating your team mate Alain Prost on his home turf !

that was impressive .
Old 17 Nov 2002, 19:03 (Ref:430661)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
It's amazing how in the first race he almost did not qualify and how later he qualified 4th and almost won a race!
Actually, he qualified 3rd and almost won the race. Later on in the season, Jerez, he qualified 4th.

Last edited by Mr V; 17 Nov 2002 at 19:03.
Old 17 Nov 2002, 22:47 (Ref:430822)   #24
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon was good at technical feedback which I believe helps to make a great driver.. Damon's feedback helped make the 1992 Williams FW14B the car it was.

The thing is, many remember him as not being very spectacular because of his smooth driving style, but that doesn't mean he wasn't fast. I remember seeing some of his qualifying laps in-car and then being amazed at the lap time. He didn't LOOK fast.

Okay, he wasn't the greatest driver ever, but he was still good and I am a fan. On my wall I have a signed drawing of him in the Arrows with his number one plate. It cost me a lot, but I am proud of it.
Old 17 Nov 2002, 23:30 (Ref:430850)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Re: Re: Suzuka 1996

Quote:
introf1.wbteam.com It was in the seasonal section under 1996.
That link doesn't work, u sure its correct?