Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1282570)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will JV Score Points at Imola

I read that JV thinks he will have an even stronger showing then he did in Bahrain and may be able to score points this time around. What do you guys think?

Personally I think he is improving and since he had his accident with David he gets to use a new Engine if im not mistaken. This could be the race JV has been looking for. I hope he does so all the Brits in the Press will get off his back and Recognize! lol jk seriously though I hope the guy has a good race I don't want to see him end his career like this and end up driving in Champ Car.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1282579)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no
he'll have 2 extra ferraris and probably bar cars . not to mention Massa in front of him .

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Apr 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1282605)   #3
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
in a word....no
Old 20 Apr 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1282617)   #4
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barring major accidents ahead of him, the only points he's got a chance of scoring are credibility points.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 01:41 (Ref:1282630)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
He may get a point,but those Minardis will be breathing down his neck.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1282631)   #6
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos? Not a chance!

oh the french canadian one...
not a chance neither!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 01:50 (Ref:1282634)   #7
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure he'll score "should have quit while he was ahead so people remember him as a former world champion and not as a..."
Old 20 Apr 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1282635)   #8
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. He will. Trust me...
Old 20 Apr 2005, 02:51 (Ref:1282647)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
blonde or brunette ??

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Apr 2005, 03:45 (Ref:1282669)   #10
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If JV gets to race with a new engine and alot of the other teams Bahrain engines blow up, he may get a point or two.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 03:46 (Ref:1282670)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe Jacques will. He does well at Imola. I wish him all the best
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1282766)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Villeneuve does well at Imola? That isn't something that has struck me. All I remember is that it is the only race Frentzen out raced him in his championship year (and IIRC he went out too). Did he have notable appearances in the BAR? I see he had dome top ten starts - I can't remember if these were particularly good or unusual though.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1282825)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Villeneuve does well at Imola? That isn't something that has struck me. All I remember is that it is the only race Frentzen out raced him in his championship year (and IIRC he went out too). Did he have notable appearances in the BAR? I see he had dome top ten starts - I can't remember if these were particularly good or unusual though.
Jacques retired with gearbox trouble after starting from pole, so I'm not sure if it's fair to say that HHF outraced him in 1997.

Jacques drove strong races in:
1996 - punted by Alesi, recovers from the back to the points only to suffer suspension failure.
1998 - Is ahead of Irvine's Ferrari all race but loses the podium because the fuel opening was stuck at the pitstop.
1999 - Qualifies 5th. Infamously left standing on the grid thanks to a gearbox problem
2000 - Jumps from 9th to 5th and keeps it there 'til the end.
2001 - Suffers engine failure while 8th
2002 - Finishes 7th, on the same lap as McLaren's DC.
2003 - Bad start, retires early with hydraulic trouble.

So I wouldn't say he has been poor at Imola, it's generally gone well for him, in the points or close to them.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1282777)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I remember something like half the field has a new engine, including Michael, Fisichella, Wurz, Button, Sato and Heidfeld. How big an advantage this is will depend on how hot Imola is, and from what I've seen on here the opposite is likely, so I don't think a new engine will be enough to really boost JV. Realistically he will need some atrition ahead to score any points, as the car isn't fast enough yet, and Massa will p[robably still be ahead of him.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1282781)   #15
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be the surprise of the weekend...
I like Jacques, but unfortunatly he's over for this kind of F1; he should give up soon.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1282784)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
As far as i'm aware only GF and NH had engine failures,many other drivers didn't finish,but not because of engine failure.They would have to prove to the stewards that there was something wrong with their engine in order to start with a fresh one.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1283569)   #17
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
As far as i'm aware only GF and NH had engine failures,many other drivers didn't finish,but not because of engine failure.They would have to prove to the stewards that there was something wrong with their engine in order to start with a fresh one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
From what I remember something like half the field has a new engine, including Michael, Fisichella, Wurz, Button, Sato and Heidfeld. How big an advantage this is will depend on how hot Imola is, and from what I've seen on here the opposite is likely, so I don't think a new engine will be enough to really boost JV. Realistically he will need some atrition ahead to score any points, as the car isn't fast enough yet, and Massa will p[robably still be ahead of him.
Oh well, it was a long shot anyway.

O/T: To any engineers out there. If the cooler ambient temp at Imola is less stressful, wouldn't the same cooler moist air help the engines produce more power and therefore put strain back on?
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1282827)   #18
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The points don't matter for him at the moment - all that counts is his position relative to Massa. Within two places would be respectable.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1282831)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then he was respectable in Bahrain already.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1282860)   #20
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yea - kind of. As long s he can actually finish in that position, or preferably the one next to Massa, I guess that would be enough to keep him in the job.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1283100)   #21
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As others have said, I think the Sauber will be too slow to get points. There may be a chance of points if others DNF. Will he be closer to Massa? I don't know, he's been too irratic to make predictions on.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1283193)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
As others have said, I think the Sauber will be too slow to get points. There may be a chance of points if others DNF. Will he be closer to Massa? I don't know, he's been too irratic to make predictions on.
There's plenty of scope for DNFs.Only Minardi, NH and GF will have new engines.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1283237)   #23
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
There's plenty of scope for DNFs.Only Minardi, NH and GF will have new engines.
As this is Wurz' first race, I guess he will have a new engine too.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1283253)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K
As this is Wurz' first race, I guess he will have a new engine too.
OK,so the Minardis don't get a podium.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1283135)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone scores points for Sauber, it'll be Massa.

However, I hope for an improved showing from JV this weekend. Emphasis on the word 'hope' there...