Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31 May 2008, 01:13 (Ref:2215670)   #1
atmow
Rookie

United States
Salt Lake City, Utah
atmow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Timers to LM24 Seeking Advice

My girlfriend and I are headed to the race for the first time this year. We are coming all the way from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. I've read through the Club Arnage guide (which is excellent), but I still have some questions. If anyone can help us answer these, it would be appreciated. We have grandstand tickets, Row A, Leonard (20).

Can we bring food and beverage into the track/grandstand or do we have to buy it there?
We have parking passes for the Rouge lot. I know these are not reserved, but do they sell more passes than spots? What time do we need to arrive to be guaranteed a parking space?
We are planning to be at the track for the entire race, but we are not camping. A friend who drives in the Le Mans Classic said he rents a cot in a big tent for sleeping. Is this normally offered at LM24, too? Or can we bring a sleeping bag and stretch out in the grandstands? Is sleeping in the car really not allowed?
Any other tips for first timers?

Thanks in advance.