Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Apr 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3528296)   #1426
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh well i stand corrected if it did actually run, just can not actually recall any write ups at the time.
Poor quality, but you do see it run by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ2w...8&spfreload=10
Old 17 Apr 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3528298)   #1427
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Strange video it says it was taken at the LMS race 2008, did not even think it existed at that time?
Old 17 Apr 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3528306)   #1428
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Strange video it says it was taken at the LMS race 2008, did not even think it existed at that time?
I think that was the release of the car:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3...ot-908-HY.html
Old 17 Apr 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3528312)   #1429
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember that the team was all packed and waiting for their flights to Sebring before PSA pulled the plug. So the 908HY4 (?) must have been run by that point.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3528320)   #1430
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I seem to remember that the team was all packed and waiting for their flights to Sebring before PSA pulled the plug. So the 908HY4 (?) must have been run by that point.
I remember seeing photos of the 908HY4 testing at Estoril in late 2011. Probably a couple of weeks after Zhuhai '11.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3528341)   #1431
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
It is right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX4O...8&spfreload=10
But there was two versions.
The 2008 908, build to lobby ACO into allowing Hybrid.
The 2012 908, build to compete, but cancelled.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3530751)   #1432
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those late 908s had a great sound to them, really miss that drone. They were pretty loud as well.
Old 5 May 2015, 20:28 (Ref:3534472)   #1433
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/program.../20150613.html
The week program is online, probably already for a long time but just found it today.
Again I know none of the bands that are playing, not that it is of any importance to me, because so far I have never seen one playing. I wonder in the past years if it was possible to enter the pitlane on thursday having a pitlane acces card? Sounds new to me!!!!
Old 5 May 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3534479)   #1434
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like a new initiative this year. Not sure how much those tickets cost.
Old 5 May 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3534484)   #1435
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/program.../20150613.html
The week program is online, probably already for a long time but just found it today.
Again I know none of the bands that are playing, not that it is of any importance to me, because so far I have never seen one playing. I wonder in the past years if it was possible to enter the pitlane on thursday having a pitlane acces card? Sounds new to me!!!!
Sounds new to me too.

I miss having the support races included in the calendar. I wan't to plug it all into my calendar on my phone so I have it with me.
Old 6 May 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3534622)   #1436
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks like a new initiative this year. Not sure how much those tickets cost.
I think it started last year, from memory the pit lane passes are around €500.

Edit €495, unless like me you are an ACO member, I think I'll give it a miss!

http://ticket.lemans.org/mes-billets-dentree-auto/pw
Old 6 May 2015, 11:57 (Ref:3534692)   #1437
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even if you're an ACO member that still looks like a huge rip off. Looks like you get two extra chances to do a pitwalk and a lunch.

Quote:
The Pitwalk you can access closer to the excitement of the teams and cars, through privileged access to the Paddocks and permanent and temporary access to the pit lane. Practical information: - valid during the Test Day of Sunday, May 31 and June 7 to 14, including practice sessions (Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11) and pit walk Friday, June 12 - Access to the Village, spectators buttes and entertainment (concerts and festivals fairground). Free access to the grandstands on Wednesday 10 and Thursday, June 11 - A Pitwalk per person. FREE for children under 16 (born after 14 June 1999) accompanied by an adult. Does not include seat, parking / reception area, or access to a box / receptive (unless authorized by the team). Lunch at the Restaurant Welcome the Saturday of the race and benefit from a specific service from 11:30 Pitwalk (catering service not included in the ticket price - bookings restauration24@compass-group.fr ).
Old 6 May 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3534698)   #1438
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Get there on the Tuesday and you get another free pit-walk anyway, and what they're doing then is far more interesting. Audi were practicing pit stops and I saw plenty of prototypes in various states of undress which you wouldn't normally see on the Friday.

The pit-walk doesn't bother me too much anymore either. It's something to take a first-timer to, but apart from that, once you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all.
Old 6 May 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3534709)   #1439
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Get there on the Tuesday and you get another free pit-walk anyway, and what they're doing then is far more interesting. Audi were practicing pit stops and I saw plenty of prototypes in various states of undress which you wouldn't normally see on the Friday.

The pit-walk doesn't bother me too much anymore either. It's something to take a first-timer to, but apart from that, once you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all.
If you manage to squeeze yourself close enough to see anything
Old 6 May 2015, 16:55 (Ref:3534814)   #1440
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
If you manage to squeeze yourself close enough to see anything
When I was around 6, 7, or 8, that sort of age, my dad would train me to use his old SLR camera. As I was small and young, everyone would let me through to the front and hey presto, a lovely clear shot of an Audi R8 being prepared for the race! Although it would of course be taken at around knee height...

I often got quite nice freebies as well.
Old 6 May 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3534854)   #1441
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
When I was around 6, 7, or 8, that sort of age, my dad would train me to use his old SLR camera. As I was small and young, everyone would let me through to the front and hey presto, a lovely clear shot of an Audi R8 being prepared for the race! Although it would of course be taken at around knee height...

I often got quite nice freebies as well.
Sounds like you got spoiled
Old 7 May 2015, 00:19 (Ref:3534960)   #1442
AFCORSE51
Rookie

United States
Arizona
AFCORSE51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next Years car for AF CORSE...

AF CORSE seems that it will be changing over the new 488....less displacement sized engine, but as I have seen a few pics of the new car, it seems very similar in its shape as the 458, but the front aero areas are different...a couple hundred pounds lighter in OEM configuaration....just hope it does not take a season or 2 to get back to dominating as the 458 has done the last 3-4 seasons.....thoughts?...
Old 7 May 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3535090)   #1443
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
My thoughts are that whatever Ferrari come up with, they'll have to be BOP'd back. They always make good engines and the 458 is much less draggy than the opposition, which helps massively with fuel economy. The 488 is hardly going to be draggier, is it?

I'm not a massive fan of BOP I have to say, but it makes the racing close at least and the performances of Ferrari prove that the cream always rises to the top anyway.
Old 7 May 2015, 12:27 (Ref:3535138)   #1444
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather the 488 took a season or two to develop, but in this day and age most GT cars hit the ground running at somewhere near the pace if not ahead of it, plus BoP will make sure they are competitive even if they aren't!

Not everyone is a fan of BoP, but this years GT-Pro class is likely to see a four way battle between Aston, Corvette, Ferrari and Porsche, and for much of last years race they were neck and neck lap after lap, so IMHO BoP is a good thing! The trick for the BoP'ers is to know when a team is sandbagging, especially to the extent Porsche were in the first two WEC races of 2013....

The spice of GT racing is the variety, having any one brand dominate the classes is bad news all round.

A dominant 488 would be great news for AF Corse of course though!
Old 13 May 2015, 12:14 (Ref:3537059)   #1445
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
So, voting for Miss Le Mans, has opened once again:
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...05-2015-133350
Old 13 May 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3537062)   #1446
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good luck to them. Hopefully Nastasia Idriss will be stood next to the Porsche guys on Thursday night after they've bagged pole.
Old 13 May 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3537063)   #1447
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Haha, I voted ChloƩ Legeay!
But I will let you have the Porsche pole, as I have no favourites! (Until we have Christiensen in the Porsche)
Old 13 May 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3537065)   #1448
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Haha, I voted ChloƩ Legeay!
Me too
Old 13 May 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3537068)   #1449
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, WEC has banned gridgirls but we still have a miss Le Mans 24. I'm confused

My vote is on Marina
Old 13 May 2015, 13:04 (Ref:3537070)   #1450
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Good luck to them. Hopefully Nastasia Idriss will be stood next to the Porsche guys on Thursday night after they've bagged pole.
+1