Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2015, 14:36 (Ref:3541408)   #1501
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Graham Goodwin ‏@dsceditor 35
If you are going to @24hoursoflemans this year there is a pre-race surprise in store of the very best kind! #camerasattheready
Any ideas? My guess would be a Ford GT public reveal but I don't know if Graham means pre-race festivities (right before the race) or during race week.
Old 26 May 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3541418)   #1502
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since it says pre-race & cameras at the ready, presumably again old manufacturer celebrating some anniversary and lapping the circuit with historic car between the end of the support races and grid formation. In addition to McLaren?
Old 26 May 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3541492)   #1503
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do we have fix which day in June this years Club Arnage guide will be released?
Old 28 May 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3542051)   #1504
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Doing some pré-Le Mans ironing and I just came across some après-Le Mans still-to-do ironing from last year
Old 28 May 2015, 19:18 (Ref:3542200)   #1505
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I also did some pre-Le Mans packing and car-stickering
So ready to go tomorrow at 6:00

Old 28 May 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3542225)   #1506
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I also did some pre-Le Mans packing and car-stickering
So ready to go tomorrow at 6:00

Be interested to see if there's much (any?) uptake of people stickering their cars with the new logo.
Old 28 May 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3542228)   #1507
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, I asked the people at stickers4 if they could make me a windscreen-banner with the old logo, as their site only showed them with the new logo. Their reply was that the ACO wants to have the old logo phased out, this was the only sticker still available in the old style.
As I feared this one will not be available next year, I duely ordered 6 of them, so I am sorted for the next two years as well

Last edited by vincegail; 28 May 2015 at 20:00.
Old 28 May 2015, 22:33 (Ref:3542279)   #1508
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Any ideas? My guess would be a Ford GT public reveal but I don't know if Graham means pre-race festivities (right before the race) or during race week.
I think we have the answer now to the tweet Graham posted. It flew under the radar slightly today with the retro Nissan livery announcement, but as part of that the 1990 pole-winning No.24 R90CK will be on track.

Although it hasn't been specified when. Might be nice to do it ahead of one of the qualy sessions like they did with the Mazda 787B and Dempsey a few years ago.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=0e3f5a74cf
Old 29 May 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3542403)   #1509
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think a few on here might appreciate this little video, i know it is an advert for renault but i love the old fashioned style and always happy to see sir sterling moss
http://clicks.dbg2.co.uk/DC/ctr.aspx?6C6164=32333234373632&736272=$$ECe9Ipy4ZEtoEEE&747970=6874&66=30ve
Old 29 May 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3542419)   #1510
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
how nice to start this day with "she sells sanctuary"by the Cult on the radio...
Perfect begin of this working day!
only a few days to go till we can hear that song in the background every hour...
Old 29 May 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3542424)   #1511
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think the sound i am most looking forward to will be on first practice on Wednesday as the first cars pass under the dunlop and past the campsite, i will be standing there beer in hand and smile on my face
Old 29 May 2015, 15:55 (Ref:3542572)   #1512
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think we have the answer now to the tweet Graham posted. It flew under the radar slightly today with the retro Nissan livery announcement, but as part of that the 1990 pole-winning No.24 R90CK will be on track.
Seeing as I'm the only person lame enough to make this joke - I do hope they've managed to fix the wastegate, 25 years should be enough time for it...
Old 3 Jun 2015, 07:17 (Ref:3544453)   #1513
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the last years, we had only one thread about the race, gathering all posts and which was a bit confused. I suggest :
- a thread bout the Wednesday an Thursday practices ;
- a thread about the race ;
- a thread per class as an aftermath of the race.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3544482)   #1514
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I think a thread per class is a bit too much - I (think I) get what you're implying, that the factory P1 discussion takes up the majority of the comments and that it can be hard to find posts about the other classes but on the other hand dedicated threads for P2/GTE-Pro/Am would be rather empty in comparison, once the congratulations and commiserations were done in the immediate aftermath of the race.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3544862)   #1515
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
sir sterling moss
http://clicks.dbg2.co.uk/DC/ctr.aspx?6C6164=32333234373632&736272=$$ECe9Ipy4ZEtoEEE&747970=6874&66=30ve
Stirling Moss
Old 4 Jun 2015, 11:32 (Ref:3544865)   #1516
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
sorry Stirling
Old 4 Jun 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3544943)   #1517
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I think a thread per class is a bit too much - I (think I) get what you're implying, that the factory P1 discussion takes up the majority of the comments and that it can be hard to find posts about the other classes but on the other hand dedicated threads for P2/GTE-Pro/Am would be rather empty in comparison, once the congratulations and commiserations were done in the immediate aftermath of the race.
I'm happy to leave it up to you guys. After Saturday I won't have that much time on here from day to day so I don't want to be moving things between 5-6 different threads. I do agree with a qually thread and a race thread though.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3545287)   #1518
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Do we have fix which day in June this years Club Arnage guide will be released?
It's there now
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=12626.0
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3545531)   #1519
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Awesome, thanks
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3545626)   #1520
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Downloaded, and made a contribution as well. Like everybody should!
Old 12 Jul 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3557742)   #1521
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
About to order the 2015 blu ray by Duke Video. Does someone know if they have a promotional code this year?
Old 12 Jul 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3557744)   #1522
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
About to order the 2015 blu ray by Duke Video. Does someone know if they have a promotional code this year?
Keep an eye on all of RLM's social media pages (and their forum), they had promotional codes for the last couple of years (considering the fact that the review videos nowadays rely mostly on their commentary).
Old 12 Jul 2015, 19:17 (Ref:3557947)   #1523
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Big fire near Mulsanne

A forest fire has destroyed 2 km² yesterday near Mulsanne. It may be criminal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozbccun4gtw
Old 13 Jul 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3558292)   #1524
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope no one was hurt.

Was it near the track?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 07:18 (Ref:3558413)   #1525
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I hope no one was hurt.

Was it near the track?
It was at the north-east of Mulsanne corner but it could have been worse without the planes and the firemen. See the map here : http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...07-2015-138498