Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3909622)   #1326
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely hideous commentary on Eurosport this year. Past years have been “manageable” because of Martin Haven and/or David Addison.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3909631)   #1327
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolute nightmare that there's no comms-free feed for Eurosport.

https://twitter.com/EurosportCare/st...45383369662464

Eurosport Support claimed that there was a no-comms feed but obviously this isn't the case. There is no no-comms feed on ES Player UK, and the ES Player Germany account I have is supposed to be no-comms (as it was for the first 45 mins of FP) but is now gifting us with the wonderful Mr Kirby...

Apparently the no-comms feed on ES Player UK will be up on Saturday (surely a mistake that it's not up right now?!), so here's hoping that's actually got no comms on it because I can barely take this.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3909632)   #1328
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post

Eurosport Support claimed that there was a no-comms feed but obviously this isn't the case. There is no no-comms feed on ES Player UK, and the ES Player Germany account I have is supposed to be no-comms (as it was for the first 45 mins of FP) but is now gifting us with the wonderful Mr Kirby...

Apparently the no-comms feed on ES Player UK will be up on Saturday (surely a mistake that it's not up right now?!), so here's hoping that's actually got no comms on it because I can barely take this.
I'm listening to RLM on YouTube and finding ambient sounds are so loud it's not a problem anyway!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3909635)   #1329
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it was Chris Parsons and Neville Hay doing the night shift on Eurosport last year...Given that the overall race was rather dull most of us Americans seemed to enjoy all the old stories and #Hotbox24 hashtag they had running lol..Looking forward to it again this year hopefully.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3909640)   #1330
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'm listening to RLM on YouTube and finding ambient sounds are so loud it's not a problem anyway!

Yeah that's a good shout, that's my option for the race if this doesn't get fixed – usually pair up the ambient on the TV with the comms in headphones/laptop as the wife loves the car sounds but hates the comms, in any language (fair IMO).

Hoping it's all fixed for the race – at least then there'll be a comms-free feed on my UK ES Player account
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3909642)   #1331
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another week long, free trial for myself. So my standards don't go much higher than wishing for a stable stream.

Any extras would be good of course. Very much enjoyed going onboard with Alonso during his 'rhythm of the night' stint last year.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3909648)   #1332
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the feeling Eurosport Player server's bandwidth is on the limit since qualifying, since it often switches down to lower resolutions. Pretty disappointing considering even E-Sports are streaming fine at 1080p60.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3909650)   #1333
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Same here! But still hoping they put up a stream with no commentary
Old 12 Jun 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3909675)   #1334
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
I have the feeling Eurosport Player server's bandwidth is on the limit since qualifying, since it often switches down to lower resolutions. Pretty disappointing considering even E-Sports are streaming fine at 1080p60.
More likely just too nitpicky adaptive stream which automatically lowers the quality when it detects a drop in connection quality, imho Eurosport Player has rarely bandwidth issues.

ps. If you want to access a hidden 720p50 quality use Kodi (htpc software) and its unofficial plugin (you still need a valid Player subscription). This quality is probably officially available only on some tv/console apps or something like that but it is available always and has been for a long time.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3909678)   #1335
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live, Rebellion #1 onboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEDyYXzw6s
Old 12 Jun 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3909696)   #1336
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I've now browsed through twitter accounts' recent tweets & replies. Not sure if the support guy(s) are actually getting it yet.

And to reiterate, there really seems to be two separate issues:

1) Comms in the standalone feed - still not sure whether this is by mistake or working as intended. Free practice stream didn't have (audible) comms for the first 45 mins only because Eurosport 1 started coverage later. But even in the beginning you could hear them in the booth talking with mics accidentally on, so the commentary track was always there and on.

2) in UK, no standalone feed at all (except the 3 onboards). One user said it is listed for Saturday though, if they're not named in the schedule - there should be 4 extra feeds in total (3 of them are onboards) and that's what I see for every session.

Last edited by deggis; 12 Jun 2019 at 23:15.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 01:52 (Ref:3909718)   #1337
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I took over the conference room today. Hope to do so tomorrow.

Looks like the motor trend app will also stream the race too. Excellent!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3909729)   #1338
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice, I just had an iPad on my desk. You win by 80 points.

Now, my basement is Le Mans ready, with devices for alternative views, timings, news and 10ths. Option for RLM commentary over the pictures. A scalextric and beer, with genuine Le Mans cups.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 03:03 (Ref:3909730)   #1339
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I've now browsed through twitter accounts' recent tweets & replies. Not sure if the support guy(s) are actually getting it yet.

1) Comms in the standalone feed - still not sure whether this is by mistake or working as intended. Free practice stream didn't have (audible) comms for the first 45 mins only because Eurosport 1 started coverage later. But even in the beginning you could hear them in the booth talking with mics accidentally on, so the commentary track was always there and on.

2) in UK, no standalone feed at all (except the 3 onboards). One user said it is listed for Saturday though, if they're not named in the schedule - there should be 4 extra feeds in total (3 of them are onboards) and that's what I see for every session.
I watched on demand Eurosport. You could watch all the onboard feeds they had, but no commentary free option for Wednesday.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 06:21 (Ref:3909735)   #1340
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

Yep that sounds about right.
I'm pretty certain that both of these things are a mistake, which would be a pretty Eurosporty thing to do, even for Eurosport standards. Frustrating.
On my schedule for the UK I see five feeds for the start of the race – E1 is obviously the main coverage, then the three onboards and (hopefully) a comms-free feed.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3909737)   #1341
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Yep that sounds about right.
I'm pretty certain that both of these things are a mistake, which would be a pretty Eurosporty thing to do, even for Eurosport standards. Frustrating.
On my schedule for the UK I see five feeds for the start of the race – E1 is obviously the main coverage, then the three onboards and (hopefully) a comms-free feed.
That's right. I only meant the bonus feeds marked with "E". So actually 5 in total and 4 when excluding "E1".
Old 13 Jun 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3909739)   #1342
Kaz1983
Rookie

Kaz1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have got the official Le Mans for my race and eurosports just in case ... but I was wondering how do I watch qualifying 2? ... it's not onyou're a sports and I'm not sure about the Le Mans app.. but yeh, what's the best way to watch qualifying 2 ?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3909772)   #1343
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz1983 View Post
I have got the official Le Mans for my race and eurosports just in case ... but I was wondering how do I watch qualifying 2? ... it's not onyou're a sports and I'm not sure about the Le Mans app.. but yeh, what's the best way to watch qualifying 2 ?
Official stream commentators are better than Eurosports.

I would use the official stream. Eurosport is my backup.

To be honest, of all 3 options (Official, ES and RLM), I think the official stream is now the best of the 3.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3909797)   #1344
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I took over the conference room today. Hope to do so tomorrow.

Looks like the motor trend app will also stream the race too. Excellent!
So you were pleased with the motortrend app? I haven't gotten it yet but plan to try it this afternoon.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3909824)   #1345
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I was pleased with the motd. WEC app comms, hdmi to 4k tv worked perfectly in the living room.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3909828)   #1346
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I was pleased with the motd. WEC app comms, hdmi to 4k tv worked perfectly in the living room.
that is good to know. Are there in car options available? I will probably have the race on the tv via the motortrend channel, so I could do incars on laptop screens with the RLM commentary and T&S. Oh and maybe this site
Old 13 Jun 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3909830)   #1347
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotorTrend (on demand CPU) looks to probably have the following in-car cameras:
*#1 Rebellion
*#7 Toyota
*#8 Toyota
*#64 Corvette C7R
Old 13 Jun 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3909832)   #1348
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is the commentator on Eurosport who keeps saying they take the second chicane flat? And is he watching a Forza race?

Honestly, this a new low for Eurosport.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3909833)   #1349
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So you were pleased with the motortrend app? I haven't gotten it yet but plan to try it this afternoon.
I was streaming from my lap top through the projector. Stream was a bit choppy, but that could've been down to the office bandwidth or the actual work I was attempting. Yes, I mostly worked during that time. Will do so again shortly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Nice, I just had an iPad on my desk. You win by 80 points.

Now, my basement is Le Mans ready, with devices for alternative views, timings, news and 10ths. Option for RLM commentary over the pictures. A scalextric and beer, with genuine Le Mans cups.
Conference room is booked all afternoon today
Old 13 Jun 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3909834)   #1350
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I'm hearing McNish and Goodwin on Eurosport feed so they're using WEC comms today...

Still no no-comms but 800% improvement.