Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Jan 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4094590)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Meat 2022 Daytona 24 Race Thread. The 2022 Future is Now!/1st 66.67% of 36Hrs of Florida

Race thread! 2022!

It feels like it’s pretty late for a thread given the number of announcements we’ve seen over the last few weeks. Definitely a lot happening!

I think the main story for this year’s event is the quantity of the entry list, and that it isn’t entirely at the expense of quality! We’ll see how many make it to the green flag on 1:40 PM EST. Wait is that PST? Nope. 1:40PM Florida Standard Time. Something about sea turtles, or manatees, probably.

There’s been a ton of entrant announcement discussions in the IMSA 2022 thread, which I won’t reiterate here. The entry list will certainly be stacked, and not 100% by grid filler. The IMSA website hasn’t uploaded an official entry list yet, although Bcarr6 has done a great job of compiling recent announcements. I’ll post that next to try to keep the opening post short and with helpful info.

Roar Schedule
Rolex Daytona 24 Week Schedule (interestingly IMSA website hasn’t set this up as the Daytona 24 race section, it’s MX-5 Cup)

Roar Entry List

Session Results

Spotter Guides – nothing updated now, assuming this will go live much closer to race weekend

Live Timing – I use the alkamel desktop app as the go-to for me. I know IMSA has it’s own version of the same source but with fewer details.

Weather looks typical, highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. Rain a possibility for some Roar sessions, not likely to feature in the 24 as of now.

Streaming/Viewing Options - International viewers should be able to get most Qualifying and race sessions on imsa.com/tv with RLM commentary. I believe all IMSA has shifted from NBC Gold Trackpass to Peacock premium. The first hour of the race will be on NBC. USA Network will have 4-7PM, 10pm-3am, and 6-noon. Then noon-finish will be on NBC. My reading of the schedules on NBC gives me hope the whole thing will also be available on Peacock Premium. A quick search doesn't show any two-week trials or anything, but Premium is $4.99 a month. $5 to watch an entire 24 Hour race weekend is not a bad deal, considering the weekend ticket for onsite admission is 2,400% more. YMMV. I'm thinking I'll utilize a muted peacock and Radio Le Mans for commentary.

Link to this thread

First on track action for the Roar starts tomorrow at 8:45 and sessions will run through Sunday 3:45. Saturday sees Weathertech Qualifying for the Sunday Hour and 40-minute qualifying race on Sunday. We’ve also got a 3-hour Prototype Challenge race Saturday afternoon. Good garage tinkering background noise.

Next week sees Mazda and Pilot Challenge start practicing on Wednesday afternoon, and Weathertech kicking off their practice sessions on Thursday. I’d also recommend tuning into the Mazda races, Thursday afternoons and Friday morning. Usually a good time. Friday afternoon is the 4-hour Pilot Challenge race. The Pilot Challenge entry list for the Roar has 41 entries, most of them GS and Hyundais.

Then it’s the 24.

We cancelled our daughter’s 3rd birthday party. Too many ways to get sick, covid or otherwise. Whatever, she doesn’t even know what birthdays are without us telling her. We’ll just tell her we don’t start counting birthdays until her teeth fall out and we have to start buying her new ones. It won’t mess her up at all.

Seanyb505's 2022 Updated Daytona 24 Hotdog/drinking game (assumes you ate lunch closer to noon):
- Maximum grid size actually takes the green flag – pour someone else a drink and casually mention how you didn’t think all 60 would actually start
- Less than 60 take the green flag – pour someone else a drink and gloat about how you never expected 60 starters, then keep the drink for yourself
- First yellow flag caused by a P3 car – drink
- It's a super long yellow relative to the actual incident - finish your drink, start another hotdog
- Someone on 10/10ths complains about viewing options despite there being plenty of options, and is just refusing all because of some minor aspect of each option – ugh, drink a double
- Lack of rain causes commentators to start calculating record distance – start a dry hotdog with no condiments and fix a dry martini
- Commentators chatter more about what Nascar drivers are taking place in various entries instead of close racing – start the cheapest beer you have
- Commentators chatter about Cooper MacNeil driving on two teams every time he’s in the car – buy a set of WeatherTech Floor Mats® from the Floorliner HP product line.
- 4-hour green flag run - take a nap
- The 2021 Daytona Race Thread is on the same page as the 2022 thread – contemplate how social media has reduced volume on 10/10ths, have a coffee to sober you up, eat ramen for dinner
- Gratuitous shots of the Ferris wheel – eat a funnel cake
- Overnight fog red flag – sleep
- Sun rises on Daytona - breakfast hotdog with eggs (skip breakfast if it's cloudy)
- 24 1-hour sprints and just needing to make it to the last hour mentioned - take a drink for every remaining hour of the race (This is on top of any other drinks required by the above)
- A backmarker loops it in the infield at 1:30PM on Sunday. There’s mass confusion about the wave around procedure and then Beau Barfield chooses violence by seemingly only letting an arbitrary number of lapped cars through, bringing all 7 DPi cars and 12 GTD-Pro cars onto respective lead laps for a white flag restart. The result taints the entire season, which actually ends up being a pretty good season – Finish the bottle.