Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Jun 2022, 20:27 (Ref:4112872)   #2976
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ay-notebook-7/

According to this piece the ACO made €147,000 in fines for the 49 drivers who missed scrutineering due to other racing commitments.
Old 4 Jun 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4112884)   #2977
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did notice quite a lot of teams with only 2 drivers present, including the #99 Porsche the drivers of which I met at the Galand this morning. Their other driver was still at Paul Ricard. Mind you, they didn't know they'd be here until last Monday and the team boss had already cancelled his flight to France and had to rebook it....
Old 4 Jun 2022, 21:21 (Ref:4112892)   #2978
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

According to this piece the ACO made €147,000 in fines for the 49 drivers who missed scrutineering due to other racing commitments.
That is a lot of money, but the aco coffers have been severly depleted over the last few years
Old 4 Jun 2022, 22:09 (Ref:4112904)   #2979
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silly really. Especially those in a related series. But for any really.

Perhaps enough to cover the additional admin of a second sign on session. But 3k a pop!
Old 5 Jun 2022, 09:21 (Ref:4112955)   #2980
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO charges an additinal €40,- to get acces to La Capelle, a place where nothing has changed in compare to previous years. That means a raise of membership cost of nearly 40 percent.
Last two years must have been tough to them.
Old 5 Jun 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4112959)   #2981
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Last year i got in for free, was wearing a previous years wrist band(always take them) and while there i was given free granstand tickets and various other freebies
Old 5 Jun 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4112974)   #2982
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't see why they charged extra. Maybe more should take those wristbands, seems a lot of benefits that cost nothing, so fair play there
Old 5 Jun 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4112984)   #2983
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
ACO charges an additinal €40,- to get acces to La Capelle, a place where nothing has changed in compare to previous years. That means a raise of membership cost of nearly 40 percent.
Last two years must have been tough to them.
I'll probably sign up again ahead of next year's race to get tix earlier but not fussed about having somewhere nice to sit down. Maybe in a few years

Do you get any sort of exclusive view from La Chappelle?

I wouldn't mind getting up onto that Maison Blanche terrace at some point but not sure if you need to pay more for that now too?
Old 5 Jun 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4112987)   #2984
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'll probably sign up again ahead of next year's race to get tix earlier but not fussed about having somewhere nice to sit down. Maybe in a few years

Do you get any sort of exclusive view from La Chappelle?

I wouldn't mind getting up onto that Maison Blanche terrace at some point but not sure if you need to pay more for that now too?
In 2019 you had to show your membership card.
Old 5 Jun 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4113009)   #2985
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, it was just membership in 2019. I'm not sure if we're going to have to pay an extra 40 or not....
Old 5 Jun 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4113014)   #2986
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
depends on how much you paid. basic level does not cover much these days
Old 18 Jun 2022, 06:53 (Ref:4116187)   #2987
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thoughts people?

https://www.autosport.com/le-mans/ne...race/10323495/
Old 18 Jun 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4116193)   #2988
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Makes sense to me. I enjoyed it - watching from a completely new vantage point (for me). But I'm not planning on doing it again next year.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4116198)   #2989
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

This year the Nürburgring 24 was two weeks before Le Mans, so the GTWC race at Paul Ricard had to squeeze in on the weekend between, clashing with Le Mans scrutineering and causing a small-hours dash across France between the midnight finish of GTWC and the start of Le Mans testing.

The N24 is a week earlier next year, so I expect GTWC to go to Paul Ricard on 27 May, meaning the clash with LM scrutineering and testing is avoided.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 08:16 (Ref:4116201)   #2990
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I paid the €60 basic plus €40 supplememt, the latter (I thought) buying access to the T17 area, La Chapelle and the Maison Blanche terrace. Before the new structure I paid €109 a year. So I don’t think it’s more expensive, is it?
Old 18 Jun 2022, 08:17 (Ref:4116202)   #2991
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I enjoyed the set up this year starting on the friday and I understand the reasons they do it however, I don't see me do this every year. As much as I like LM24, for me in the weekend of the race it felt like an overkill of motorsport.
Gutted though I'm gonna miss scruteneering when I descide to make my visit shorter.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4116203)   #2992
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I paid the €60 basic plus €40 supplememt, the latter (I thought) buying access to the T17 area, La Chapelle and the Maison Blanche terrace. Before the new structure I paid €109 a year. So I don’t think it’s more expensive, is it?
Now I'm confused, I have to renew shortly and will check how and why, cause my membership is more than €60,-
Old 18 Jun 2022, 08:37 (Ref:4116204)   #2993
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think the ideas of compressing the scutinering/testing/race into a 10 day makes sense for both fans/the teams/marshalls and the local population. hoping next year to go down earlier than tuesday but we will see
Old 18 Jun 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4116210)   #2994
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Now I'm confused, I have to renew shortly and will check how and why, cause my membership is more than €60,-
I paid €109 last year. Nothing extra to pay this year for members area access. Renewal is €65. No doubt it will be another €40 in due course for the members area access (although that isn't yet available).
Old 18 Jun 2022, 11:56 (Ref:4116212)   #2995
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Rene, if you paid the €109, you shouldn't have had to pay the extra €40....
Old 18 Jun 2022, 11:57 (Ref:4116213)   #2996
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Why 'I thought'? The €40 should have got you that access with your red wristband.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4116216)   #2997
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Why 'I thought'? The €40 should have got you that access with your red wristband.
Yes that was my understanding and what happened. I got my red wristband early on Sat and used it all weekend to access all three areas. I equivocated because whitemr2 seemed to have a different experience.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4116221)   #2998
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Rene, if you paid the €109, you shouldn't have had to pay the extra €40....
I have the membership of 109,- had to pay 2x40 ( me and my guest) so payed in total 189,- I'm gonna give them a call and see what happens. My membership expires end of this month.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4116234)   #2999
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I have the membership of 109,- had to pay 2x40 ( me and my guest) so payed in total 189,- I'm gonna give them a call and see what happens. My membership expires end of this month.
That was definitely wrong Rene. Your guest would have had to pay the €40 but you shouldn't have had to. I queried my membership with the Support people at the ACO prior to picking up my wristband on Tuesday and they confirmed that I had the member access and in fact specifically added it to my membership so that I could see it in my membership record.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4116426)   #3000
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well Le mans has been over for a week now but i have good wood to ;ook forward to this week. bit of a change this year as going thursday rather than the usual sunday.

Anyone else going?