Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Apr 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4152113)   #1
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grandstand information Spa 6 hours.

Hello All.
Going to Spa for the WEC, 6 hours with my son, first ever visit to the track.
Got my entrance tickets sorted but have a question regarding grandstands.
Unless im looking on the wrong part of the site, I can see no information about the stands?
Are these extra or is it like Silverstone used to be and Grandstands are free on a first come basis?
Any help, I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4152398)   #2
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ticket details on website says include tribunes (grandstands). One opposite Grand Prix start - new one opposite endurance pits (assume will be open by next week), and one overlooking Eau Rouge and half of the Ardennes.

You might find this helpful as first time spectators (although we will need to update for the new grandstand after we have been there next week) - https://www.pistonclick.com/spa-francorchamps

Enjoy - its an amazing location.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 18:55 (Ref:4152399)   #3
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A different question (not been to Spa for WEC before).

Are the Parking zones 1 & 2 and 14 & 15 usually open for general spectators ?

Thanks
Old 22 Apr 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4152480)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
Hello All.
Going to Spa for the WEC, 6 hours with my son, first ever visit to the track.
Got my entrance tickets sorted but have a question regarding grandstands.
Unless im looking on the wrong part of the site, I can see no information about the stands?
Are these extra or is it like Silverstone used to be and Grandstands are free on a first come basis?
Any help, I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
Enjoy! The new Eau Rouge grandstand is unreal and I'd imagine there's no way it'll fill up for the WEC race. It's just so massive!
Old 25 Apr 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4152982)   #5
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be at Spa for first time next week-end
Can't wait
Old 26 Apr 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4153067)   #6
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
A different question (not been to Spa for WEC before).

Are the Parking zones 1 & 2 and 14 & 15 usually open for general spectators ?

Thanks
Spa have come back with the following - "The parking of the Circuit is 8€ per day and are located next to the STER and La Source entrances, reservation is not possible." - which suggests P1 and 2 at STER and P14 and 15 at La Source. We shall see ...
Old 26 Apr 2023, 14:57 (Ref:4153075)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Spa have come back with the following - "The parking of the Circuit is 8€ per day and are located next to the STER and La Source entrances, reservation is not possible." - which suggests P1 and 2 at STER and P14 and 15 at La Source. We shall see ...
I've not been to the WEC but for the 24 Hours you could literally street park on the road down to the La Source entrance - or there were some yellow sign external car parks in Francochamps. You couldn't get in any official circuit parking as a punter, but obviously the WEC shouldn't be as rammed so may be a different story.
Old 28 Apr 2023, 18:03 (Ref:4153379)   #8
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a bad view

https://youtu.be/SO2E6a4gzzs
Old 30 Apr 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4153891)   #9
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
The huge crowd meant that we queued for 90 minutes and 5km+ from the autoroute. P14 / 15 full and sent to a car park on the left of the road down to STER entrance (we were un there for 24 Hours a while back). Easy walk down to STER entrance, hard walk back after the race having walked the track.
New grandstand has impressive views but lacks the emotion of the old one where you sat pretty much over the track. However, there or on the open terrace there are good views back to La Source right the way through to Radillon.