Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 May 2023, 10:38 (Ref:4155363)   #551
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As is always the case, you can only beat whoever turns up to take you on. The fact that Porsche and Audi ran off and hid doesn't take anything away from their success for me.
Very true. Any other manufacturer could have taken them on too, but they didn't. And the fact they are still on top despite more competition shows they weren't exactly taking it easy earlier either.
Old 12 May 2023, 00:22 (Ref:4155626)   #552
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They've really upped their game. They knew sitting still wouldn't cut it. But the pace they have found was definitely needed seeing how fast the competition is. Especially Ferrari!
Old 6 Jun 2023, 06:30 (Ref:4160165)   #553
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you rate Toyota s Test day? Is there really a problem, or Toyota is hiding their pace? Usually they do not complain on the car and usually they do not sandbag...I am a bit worried. What do you guys think?
Old 6 Jun 2023, 06:48 (Ref:4160170)   #554
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same as test days in 2021 and 2022, they look similar to their competitors but come the race day, they will just dominate again But that's just my gut feeling
Old 6 Jun 2023, 07:10 (Ref:4160172)   #555
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Same as test days in 2021 and 2022, they look similar to their competitors but come the race day, they will just dominate again But that's just my gut feeling

Of course Toyota has a few reasons to sandbag to say the least. I do not know whether the No. 8 Toyota really had issues, but normally Toyota is always the one who wants to be on track all the time and always be the first out.

Nonetheless, better to have problems on test day than come raceday.

It would be very interesting to know whether Toyota had fresh rubber on their fastest lap attempt, or not, usually the tell the media those things.

Ferrari did two full stints with Giovinazzi and they seemed to have a really good pace throughout.

The Speed trap stats are very interesting. Suddenly, Toyota is on top, in fact both Toyotas achieved their best on the second part of testday at the beginning. There I think they turned the engine a wee bit.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 10:19 (Ref:4160191)   #556
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The number 8 lack of pace seems to be a little bit of a mystery to them. The 7 crash was an inconvenience too.

On turning the engine up. They can’t and there is no point. The power through the rev range is defined by the rules. I suppose you could run under this, but there is no point. It is relatively low limit anyway and it is constantly measured by the ACO. They’d know.

Which brings us to sandbagging. Often just running through your program is labeled sand bagging!

The 8s problems aside, they are pretty quick, had a disrupted session and it was just test day. They look, relative to Ferrari, where you’d expect them to be!

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Jun 2023 at 10:25.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4160198)   #557
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm more worried about driver errors. 3 different drivers (Conway, Hartley, Lopez) have all crashed this season, albeit not in the races. Giving me Lapierre vibes.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4160250)   #558
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Under a bit more pressure?

Although two of those I’m not worried about in the race. As you say that’s not where it has happened. I think think the overall consistency and speed puts these squads at the top of the Hypercar crews. Some of the others need more top class running and embedding in their current team.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 04:34 (Ref:4160324)   #559
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely under a bit more pressure this year, biggest test for the team for quite a number of years.

That said, the drivers certainly appeared very relaxed at the autograph session in the pitlane yesterday, KK especially, he was hilarious. I want some of whatever he'd been eating, drinking or smoking lol.

Adam, question for AM when you're next in contact with him (a very serious technical question which none of the drivers were able to answer), is there a specific significance to the addition of cherry blossom to the livery of the cars this year? I associate cherry blossom in Japan with the month of March.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 05:29 (Ref:4160328)   #560
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The number 8 lack of pace seems to be a little bit of a mystery to them. The 7 crash was an inconvenience too.

On turning the engine up. They can’t and there is no point. The power through the rev range is defined by the rules. I suppose you could run under this, but there is no point. It is relatively low limit anyway and it is constantly measured by the ACO. They’d know.

Which brings us to sandbagging. Often just running through your program is labeled sand bagging!

The 8s problems aside, they are pretty quick, had a disrupted session and it was just test day. They look, relative to Ferrari, where you’d expect them to be!

Thank you for the useful infos!

What do you mean by "They look, relative to Ferrari, where you’d expect them to be!" - can you tell me your opinion regarding Ferrari?

For me, Ferrari is pretty quick and thus far consistent. I tell you the truth, I am waiting and hoping for typical Ferrari mistakes, as driver errors, problems in pit lane, technical issues - the car is in the dawn of his evolution.

Who shares my thoughts?
Old 7 Jun 2023, 06:19 (Ref:4160331)   #561
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
I'm more worried about driver errors. 3 different drivers (Conway, Hartley, Lopez) have all crashed this season, albeit not in the races. Giving me Lapierre vibes.

Yes, Lapierre was fired because of his mistakes, I think mainly because of the 2014 crash in the rain down the Mulsanne after the race start.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 06:36 (Ref:4160332)   #562
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Definitely under a bit more pressure this year, biggest test for the team for quite a number of years.

That said, the drivers certainly appeared very relaxed at the autograph session in the pitlane yesterday, KK especially, he was hilarious. I want some of whatever he'd been eating, drinking or smoking lol.

Adam, question for AM when you're next in contact with him (a very serious technical question which none of the drivers were able to answer), is there a specific significance to the addition of cherry blossom to the livery of the cars this year? I associate cherry blossom in Japan with the month of March.

I have also seen that Kobayashi is in a very good mood, let s hope he is not pretending it. He is a man full of heart.

...and afterall: when the team Boss is smiling it indicates something, and the fans should smile too.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4160339)   #563
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I want some of whatever he'd been eating, drinking or smoking lol.
May be "Total" insipiration: "TotalEnergies' Excellium racing 100 which is made from bioethanol produced by waste from french vineyards." Next time I'll run out of gas on the autoroute, the rescue team could find me totally done, smiling foolishly and laughing stupidly…
Old 7 Jun 2023, 07:59 (Ref:4160342)   #564
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be "Total" insipiration: "TotalEnergies' Excellium racing 100 which is made from bioethanol produced by waste from french vineyards." Next time I'll run out of gas on the autoroute, the rescue team could find me totally done, smiling foolishly and laughing stupidly…

Good idea, but I think Kamui s smile has a different background - at least hope so
Old 7 Jun 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4160343)   #565
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Good idea, but I think Kamui s smile has a different background - at least hope so
Depending on where they connected the fresh air hoses in the cockpit. Any leak in the NOS system could have various consequences…

Seriously, its gonna be the start of several heat waves here and the airco systems and may be the wipers will play a role. I see you're not the Ferrari #1 fan, may be their cockpit shape and size could be an inconvenient for them. Or may be not. The Toys offer more room and certainly a better view on the track. Not a detail.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4160358)   #566
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Depending on where they connected the fresh air hoses in the cockpit. Any leak in the NOS system could have various consequences…

Seriously, its gonna be the start of several heat waves here and the airco systems and may be the wipers will play a role. I see you're not the Ferrari #1 fan, may be their cockpit shape and size could be an inconvenient for them. Or may be not. The Toys offer more room and certainly a better view on the track. Not a detail.

Well, I have been a Ferrari fan ever since, but not in LM just in F1. Ferrari did not collide with Toyota whom I am a fan since 1999 so there was no need to dislike any of them

At Le Mans I am a die-hard Toyota fan. To be rude I hope Ferrari would do Ferrarish things, mishaps etc.

To be honest the car is certainly fast. We will se in race conditions.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4160421)   #567
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not related to Toyota's WEC effort in specific, but to one of the team's personalities.

Toyota WEC driver and team manager Kamui Kobayashi will run a Toyota Genuine Parts sponsored #67 23XL entry for the Cup Series Indy road race.

https://racer.com/2023/06/07/kobayas...-23xi-at-indy/
Old 8 Jun 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4160750)   #568
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hydrogen Hypercar for Toyota in 2026?

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...2026/10480282/

Quote:
The ACO has set up what it is calling the Hydrogen Village during this week’s Le Mans 24 Hours to showcase the latest developments in green technology.

A display includes what is dubbed the ‘Toyota mystery car’, which is set to be unveiled on Friday after remaining under covers so far.

The silhouette of the car suggests it could be a prototype in concept form that points to a future involvement by Toyota in the hydrogen class.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4160754)   #569
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Saw some pictures of the mystery car under wraps. Looks really low, like a prototype. Im intrigued by what they have to unveil.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4160757)   #570
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Saw some pictures of the mystery car under wraps. Looks really low, like a prototype. Im intrigued by what they have to unveil.
it was a Prius.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4160758)   #571
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
From an article on the Toyota website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Le Mans 24 Hours: Test Day Press Release
A new, modified livery on the GR010 HYBRIDs made its track debut today. Cherry blossom flowers and buds have been added to emphasise the team’s Japanese DNA and symbolise the advanced technology which continues to be nurtured at Le Mans as part of TOYOTA GAZOO Racing’s commitment to sustainability and making ever-better motorsports-bred cars.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 00:18 (Ref:4160903)   #572
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And it matches the blossom in DC!
Old 9 Jun 2023, 02:30 (Ref:4160922)   #573
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Average Lap time
RankCarFastestTop 5Top 10Top 15Laps
1Kamui KOBAYASHI (Toyota 7)3:24.2673:25.6913:26.7413:27.53447
2Brendon HARTLEY (Toyota 8)3:24.4513:25.9603:27.1013:28.02856
3Sébastien BUEMI (Toyota 8)3:27.8793:28.3893:28.8363:29.20248
4Jose Maria LOPEZ (Toyota 7)3:27.9493:28.6853:29.1233:29.52250
5Ryo HIRAKAWA (Toyota 8)3:29.1733:29.6973:30.1313:30.59532
6Mike CONWAY (Toyota 7)3:29.6233:29.7743:30.1243:30.59342

I think this line up is a little more consistent than the Ferrari crew. Is that a difference maker?
Old 9 Jun 2023, 06:22 (Ref:4160941)   #574
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Average Lap time
RankCarFastestTop 5Top 10Top 15Laps
1Kamui KOBAYASHI (Toyota 7)3:24.2673:25.6913:26.7413:27.53447
2Brendon HARTLEY (Toyota 8)3:24.4513:25.9603:27.1013:28.02856
3Sébastien BUEMI (Toyota 8)3:27.8793:28.3893:28.8363:29.20248
4Jose Maria LOPEZ (Toyota 7)3:27.9493:28.6853:29.1233:29.52250
5Ryo HIRAKAWA (Toyota 8)3:29.1733:29.6973:30.1313:30.59532
6Mike CONWAY (Toyota 7)3:29.6233:29.7743:30.1243:30.59342
I think this line up is a little more consistent than the Ferrari crew. Is that a difference maker?

I would say the difference maker was seen in the 3rd free practice. Both Toyotas were circulating at a very neat and steady average laptime pace, better than all the cars.

I am making more worries about the weather update, on saturday there are 25 mm-s of rain expected. That would launch chaos!

there is a high possibility that the field would start behind safety car and circulating like this for hoooours.

Or, the Race will be red flagged with the time ticking.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4160967)   #575
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Unveils "GR H2 Racing Concept" at Le Mans 24 Hours

I wonder what is the tank size and whether it's using compressed or liquefied hydrogen.