Zhou Guanyu 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Logan Sargeant 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 May 2023, 07:13 (Ref:4158257)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2023

Who gets your vote?
Old 28 May 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4158327)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ocon for me. Alonso and Verstappen a very close second.
Old 28 May 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4158339)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Super Max. It was his race to lose, having got pole and when the rain came it looked really tricky but he got the job done.
Old 28 May 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4158342)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Liked most of Alonso’s drive, Ocon did well as did Ham I thought.

But it’s Max for me. I’m not sure Alonso was that much faster then Max on the inters. Seemed it was down more to Max clearing backmarkers?
Old 28 May 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4158484)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well to be honest no one stood out in that race so gave it to Lando for the one decent overtake in the race
Old 28 May 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4158496)   #6
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ocon for me,he didn't lose any places and he didn't clout the barriers.Not to mention getting to the end ahead of some impressive opposition.
Old 29 May 2023, 00:09 (Ref:4158649)   #7
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Max pole, lead every lap (i think) and easy win. No one got close. Cudos to Alonso and Ocon but Max owned the race
Old 29 May 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4158659)   #8
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piastri what a weekend and first full drive on inters good job lad.
Old 29 May 2023, 01:38 (Ref:4158662)   #9
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it to Ocon, but with hindsight it should have been Max, managed the race and the medium tyres perfectly.
When someone is in the zone like he was you can forget to look objectively when there is an emotional "out performer" like Ocon
Old 29 May 2023, 06:22 (Ref:4158687)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso. Knew he couldn’t win, drove superbly for the 2nd place. Kudos to Ocon for converting the third place. Max? Just did what he does aided by the best car and the circuit.
Old 29 May 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4158710)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went for Ocon.... the only one of the leading three to not make a mistake or contact a barrier. Max did what he does with a great car and Alonso nearly got my vote. At the end of the day Ocon got more from the car than it had to offer.

Honorable mention for Tsunoda who had a great weekend, qualy and race, until a late brake problem thwarted his brave efforts. Not to mention his radio comms were amusing. (when dealing with the brake problem the team were telling him to brake later, Yuki asking them if they were trying to crash him deliberately)

Last edited by E.B; 29 May 2023 at 09:03.
Old 29 May 2023, 09:01 (Ref:4158711)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hard to put it past Ocon, he drove a mature race there, helped by his great qualifying. It could have easily been a different story for Max and Fernando. But great race all in all
Old 29 May 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4158771)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ocon. He took the fullest advantage of an improved car (or so it would appear), got in a mighty lap in qualifying and then drove a quick and mature race.

I am aware that sometimes these things look like a sympathy vote for doing less badly than previously (quote: second is first loser), and I can't imagine me voting Verstappen or Perez as DOGP for finishing third. But there you are.
Old 30 May 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4158817)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was tempted to go for Tsunoda, who continues to get better and more consistent and is outshining his new teammate. Of course, he had the brake issues, so it's difficult to be too hard on him for what happened afterwards, but I'll leave him out and go for Ocon. Beat Gasly by a long way (of course, this is Monaco, so overtaking is hard), but I didn't see him put a foot wrong. He built the foundations for his result on the Saturday, but really cemented the success on Sunday.

Sainz seems a bit fed up with Ferrari strategy again, but a few too many calls to the referee for my liking.
Old 30 May 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4158867)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ocon gets my vote - close call with Max but I think Ocon just edges it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well to be honest no one stood out in that race so gave it to Lando for the one decent overtake in the race
As good as Lando's overtake was I think Magnussen's on Sargeant(?) was better - that was in the dry and came from nowhere. To be fair I though the Hulkenberg pass on Sergeant that got him the penalty was pretty good too - not sure why he got penalised, they both made the corner and carried on with no damage. For a Monaco race I was surprised by the amount of overtakes (although a lot of them did seem to be on Sargeant who'd run out of rubber).