Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 May 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4158938)   #3001
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FOM took over the coverage this year, rather than the host broadcaster. The difference was really striking.
Old 31 May 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4158975)   #3002
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have to say tho, imo thought the coverage still suffered from the director cutting from camera to camera often missing a few of this race’s interesting bits… but I suppose that is inevitable regardless of who is directing the feeds.
Old 31 May 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4158989)   #3003
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
UK (and Germany) to get a children's version broadcast:

https://corp.formula1.com/formula-1-...-for-children/
Old 31 May 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4158991)   #3004
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A couple of days ago, someone posed the question about the screens across the Red Bull, I think it was, pit garage. I do believe that teams are permitted to do this if they have to do substantial rebuilding work, say after a significant prang.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 11:40 (Ref:4159300)   #3005
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Nicols been fired for inappropriate behaviour. Golden chance for Radio 5 to get a grown up in? Although being the BBC It will probably be Mel Gedroyt or Josh Widdicum
Old 2 Jun 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4159301)   #3006
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hear Philip Schofield is free.......
Old 2 Jun 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4159317)   #3007
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Old 2 Jun 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4159355)   #3008
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Good one!

He was suggested to be the original ITV F1 presenter funnily enough. Maybe just as well now he didn’t
Old 2 Jun 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4159357)   #3009
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he was sacked from Formula E but not BBC F1 as of yet. Although i imagine thats about to happen since hes not part of their Spanish GP radio coverage.

Although, its difficult to work out from the story if he was sacked for the "inappropriate touching" of the person he was in a relationship with or if there were other people involved too.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4159360)   #3010
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Well he was sacked from Formula E but not BBC F1 as of yet. Although i imagine thats about to happen since hes not part of their Spanish GP radio coverage.

Although, its difficult to work out from the story if he was sacked for the "inappropriate touching" of the person he was in a relationship with or if there were other people involved too.
I pressume he is underage. He certainly commentates like a 15 year old on Radio 5….
Old 2 Jun 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4159378)   #3011
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I pressume he is underage. He certainly commentates like a 15 year old on Radio 5….
Wow, you manage to make a presumption about inappropriate actions involving an underage male based on his commentary style?

For the record, there were three separate complaints made against Nicholls, one of whom was by a woman he was in a relationship with, for inappropriate touching. The other two were witnesses of his behaviour.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4159404)   #3012
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've read he's out of F1 radio duties for now too.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 00:28 (Ref:4159412)   #3013
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Wow, you manage to make a presumption about inappropriate actions involving an underage male based on his commentary style?
That is not what he wrote, at least not how I read it.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 03:11 (Ref:4159419)   #3014
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:

For the record, there were three separate complaints made against Nicholls, one of whom was by a woman he was in a relationship with, for inappropriate touching. The other two were witnesses of his behaviour.
No, I was suggesting that HIS commentary style is something I have found to be immature and childish
Old 3 Jun 2023, 05:54 (Ref:4159433)   #3015
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
No, I was suggesting that HIS commentary style is something I have found to be immature and childish
That's what confused me. You replied directly to a comment about being 'sacked for the "inappropriate touching" of the person he was in a relationship with' by introducing the notion of him being underage.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 07:14 (Ref:4159447)   #3016
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. It's my fault, but we're seriously off-topic now......
Old 3 Jun 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4159458)   #3017
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
That's what confused me. You replied directly to a comment about being 'sacked for the "inappropriate touching" of the person he was in a relationship with' by introducing the notion of him being underage.
Except I didn’t …..
Old 3 Jun 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4159464)   #3018
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 3 Jun 2023, 11:08 (Ref:4159473)   #3019
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I didn't realise he fronted much if any F1 TV coverage, but I've always enjoyed his radio commentary and other TV etc. stuff.

Having known him for a long time this is very disappointing and I really hope he hasn't flushed what should have been a great career down the toilet.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4159547)   #3020
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well summed up.

Talking of being childish. I think there are many here that are incapable of discussing this so let's leave it.

/mod
Old 10 Jul 2023, 08:54 (Ref:4167710)   #3021
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The BGP is the one event when C4 can do it live and bring out their big guns. I'd like to see Lee take over as lead presenter- very professional and has a background on racing. Possibly a record number of female pundits as well. Perhaps too many to give them each a fair crack of the whip. I did not realise Jamie was so petite until I saw her next to Mark! I hope Alice gets a shot at commentary sometime, she has done well at Goodwood.

I don't watch Sky but the IG posts of Martin Brundle's grid interviews with so called celebrities are priceless, or rather Martin's comments when they did not reply are!
Old 10 Jul 2023, 09:59 (Ref:4167718)   #3022
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I really enjoyed C4's coverage throughout. Lee is their best asset IMO but the other female presenters did well too. Mark and DC and Billy did what they normally do and I'm happy with their input. Thankfully we didn't have too much 'celebrity' cringeworthiness other than the stunningly bad rendition of the national anthem.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4167722)   #3023
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I too really enjoyed the Channel 4 coverage and watched every programme. I recorded all of them which this gave me the opportunity to fast-forward through some bits (I couldn't commit all of the time required to watch every minute). Quali and the race I came to watch, after they'd started, so was again able to time-shift things and ending up watching most of the action almost live. (I've still go the post race analysis programme to watch, which I might do tonight). I enjoyed all of the presenters, I don't mid Steve Jones and do think that Lee is brilliant, Alice is improving her presentation skills on a race by race basis and this was the first time I'd seen Jamie on this role, and I thought her input also added another dimension. Finally (once they'd got the sound issues sorted) I also thought that James Vowles was very interesting and open and far better that when they have one-sided Christian Horner giving his ten-penny worth.
All in all a Very Well Done to Channel 4 and the team.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4167856)   #3024
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was so good to watch a race live on the telly. Channel 4 did an excellent job as usual. Agreed the interaction with Vowles added to the event and nice to have doing it. Just a shame their contract which runs till the end of 2026 is still only showing highlights of every other race, with only the British GP live, thanks to Sky's selfish monopoly
Old 11 Jul 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4167857)   #3025
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It was so good to watch a race live on the telly. Channel 4 did an excellent job as usual. Agreed the interaction with Vowles added to the event and nice to have doing it. Just a shame their contract which runs till the end of 2026 is still only showing highlights of every other race, with only the British GP live, thanks to Sky's selfish monopoly
To be fair to them, you can always get a full season Sky Sports package for £200, which includes every session and F2 and F3.

Good value if you watch a lot.

Tags
pinks