Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 May 2023, 00:42 (Ref:4158655)   #776
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
Endurance-Info teasing a new 9X8 for 2024.

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...pt-pour-sa-9x8

I don't have full access to the article, but they talk about tires. What about rear wing ? If some of my French speaking collegues have an access...

oui s'il te plaît!
Old 29 May 2023, 00:47 (Ref:4158656)   #777
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't subscribe, but in the small bit I can see I think it is suggesting they might change to the same tyre widths as everyone else.

???
Old 29 May 2023, 01:04 (Ref:4158658)   #778
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
WHAT DO THE REGULATIONS SAY?
Unlike the LMDh, the 4WD Le Mans Hypercars can opt for two different types of tire. Either 31" wide tyres at the front and rear, or 29" at the front and 34 at the rear. But the article 12.3.3 of the LMH technical regulation has been modified a few weeks ago. The governing bodies prefer that all the cars eligible in Hypercar have similar tires, and all the LMH homologated after 2022 December 31 will have to take the 29'' / 34'', like the LMDh and the non-hybrid LMH. But this does not concern Peugeot, as its car is currently undergoing homologation in order to be the start of the 6 Hours of Monza, the fourth round of the WEC

I pulled that from Endurance Info May 22, 2022 article about 9X8. It will not allow me to post link.
Old 29 May 2023, 01:28 (Ref:4158661)   #779
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So like Toyota did are they now looking to change from their original choice?
Old 29 May 2023, 06:42 (Ref:4158690)   #780
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The equal tyre size option made more sense pre-unification when the front wheel drive deployment speed limit was lower.
Old 29 May 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4158713)   #781
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think the tyre size option is still is a good idea now, stops costs getting too high.
Old 29 May 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4158731)   #782
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The equal tyre size option made more sense pre-unification when the front wheel drive deployment speed limit was lower.
Yep. Plus, the narrower tires at the rear allowed more optimal air flow thru the diffuser, and the four equal tires helped with their desired 50/50 weight distribution.
Old 29 May 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4158749)   #783
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think the tyre size option is still is a good idea now, stops costs getting too high.
How does being able to choose to run rear-width tyres on the front stop costs from getting too high?
Old 30 May 2023, 09:34 (Ref:4158823)   #784
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
I was able to get link

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...ercar-31-tires
Old 30 May 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4158828)   #785
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Thanks for finding that, good insight there
Old 3 Jun 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4159494)   #786
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Jean-Marc Finot, senior VP of Stellantis Motorsport (Peugeot) on expectations for Le Mans.

“We have seen in earlier races that our car is not at its best on racetracks that have slow-speed corners. We have fewer of these in Le Mans and on top, the track is as smooth and slick as a pool table.” said Finot.
It's been a while since I last attended LM but the Mulsanne straight was anything but smooth thanks to the daily heavy traffic creating tracks and whatnots. JMF might have left that out for obvious reasons!

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...LwEQXi7hh0KEh4
Old 3 Jun 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4159504)   #787
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE=Coach Ep;4159494]It's been a while since I last attended LM but the Mulsanne straight was anything but smooth thanks to the daily heavy traffic creating tracks and whatnots. JMF might have left that out for obvious reasons![QUOTE=Coach Ep;4159494]

They need to show some result to the board, I think they target the best speed in the straight, at least during the test day or qualy. If I'm right, this can be achieved just before the first chicane. May be not smooth as a pool table but slick enough for others in 2022:
Toy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bfeYweKWk
A '91 Gebhardt GrpC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4mSr--OTq8

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Jun 2023 at 13:57.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 21:24 (Ref:4160610)   #788
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see a BBM Sport engineering sticker on the front wheel arch of the Peugeots.

We know that BBM are responsible for running the 908 LMP1s in historic racing but I find it interesting to see them represented on the hypercar.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 07:19 (Ref:4160648)   #789
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good point, the team won the pit challenge. Well, the second one…
Old 8 Jun 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4160652)   #790
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And to be fair (!) they share the best top speed during FP2, #94, #708, #51 and #8 hitting 339 kph at the speed trap level (N.Müller, R.Dumas, J.Calado and S.Buemi).
Old 8 Jun 2023, 10:42 (Ref:4160674)   #791
v8supes
Veteran

Who do you think will have a problem first? Vanwall or Peugeot? The Peugeot doesnt look great when it comes to reliability?
Old 11 Jun 2023, 06:20 (Ref:4162660)   #792
v8supes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Who do you think will have a problem first? Vanwall or Peugeot? The Peugeot doesn't look great when it comes to reliability?
Vanwall lost. Honestly im surprised. Peugeot had so many problems just in practice and qualifying let alone in previous races. Did honestly not expect them to reach 2/3 distance without any mechanical problems.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4162688)   #793
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Vanwall lost. Honestly im surprised. Peugeot had so many problems just in practice and qualifying let alone in previous races. Did honestly not expect them to reach 2/3 distance without any mechanical problems.
+ 1. Mechanical or electrical I'd say.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 13:38 (Ref:4163107)   #794
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
At least they have led the race...

But I see no real future for this car.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4163208)   #795
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you are Peugeot, how do you assess your performance after this race? Are you happy that you showed some genuine pace in the first half and were with the leaders? Or are you still questioning your reliability given what happened in the second half of the race?

If it was me I would be hopeful, they probably learned a lot about things that can be improved on their car, but had enough good performance to know they are close.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4163210)   #796
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The car performed on the track it was designed for, but not as well as it needed to.

This may be the highlight of their season, although Monza being a similar track should be more suited to the concept.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4163214)   #797
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
At least they have led the race...

But I see no real future for this car.
I for one hope there is - somehow. In the flesh, so to speak, it's a fabulous looking car (out of that hideously dull battleship grey...).
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:58 (Ref:4163222)   #798
S griffin
Veteran

Well they certainly looked more the business here, but too many mechanical problems meant they had no chance of a decent result. Big chance missed
Old 12 Jun 2023, 03:55 (Ref:4163284)   #799
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
How much of the mixed/wet conditions performance was up to the lower minimum speed of ERS deployment? (150km/h, while 190km/h for Ferrari and Toyota)
Old 12 Jun 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4163290)   #800
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
If you are Peugeot, how do you assess your performance after this race? Are you happy that you showed some genuine pace in the first half and were with the leaders? Or are you still questioning your reliability given what happened in the second half of the race? If it was me I would be hopeful, they probably learned a lot about things that can be improved on their car, but had enough good performance to know they are close.
Linda Jackson says to be very proud with this confounding the critics and successful come back at LM, pointing that with two cars finishing they showed a strong determination and a high level of know how, reliability, quality and exigence (high level of BS too).

Jean Marc Finot, a little bit modest, saying they cant be satisfied with a car finishing 8th, tempering that the cars could compete against the best ones and even take the lead at some point. More surprising, "nous avons aussi dû gérer les faits de course, même si nous n'avons pas tous su les éviter". No mention about the drivers… He points an improved reliability since Sebring. it is said that the cars in the garage during the last hours was due to hydraulic issues. Coming from the communication dept I dunno how reliable this info is tho…Blame the wiper or a squirrel would not be surprising!