Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2132607)   #301
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I guess its up to Porsche to crew their 3 cars with factory supported drivers now .
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2132611)   #302
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also interesting to note that the International Motorsport - Racing for Thailand car has missed out on the Le Mans 24 as well...

So far their prototype plans have failed...perhaps they can join in at the Shanghai 1000km

Last edited by Marcel ten Caat; 19 Feb 2008 at 15:18.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2132612)   #303
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
way too many Ferraris for this year, hope they fail!
Had hoped for the WR to be there, the car looks good.

Is there a list of rejected cars?
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2132615)   #304
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No...and as usual there won't be (at least not by the organisers)
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2132616)   #305
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Too bad, wanted to know who are the rejected cars.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2132620)   #306
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
way too many Ferraris for this year, hope they fail!
Had hoped for the WR to be there, the car looks good.

Is there a list of rejected cars?
although i prefer the ferrari 430 GT's to the porsche's i agree, and IMSA MATMUT not getting an entry in GT2 is a bloody outrage, easily the best european porsche team in my opinion and i hope they are first in line for an entry.

apart from that its good to see LMP1 being the biggest class, lots of quality entries and also the terramos courage LC70 mugen is a surprise, if im at LM this year it could get my vote as my favorite P1 if it makes the same wild noise as it did in 2006 .

LMP2 though is a bit small this year though, i expected a bigger entry to be honest especially with the slew of new cars in the LMS for this year, and i notice in LMP2 still a clear lack on entries from the ALMS which is disapointing.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2132622)   #307
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
although i prefer the ferrari 430 GT's to the porsche's i agree, and IMSA MATMUT not getting an entry in GT2 is a bloody outrage, easily the best european porsche team in my opinion and i hope they are first in line for an entry.

apart from that its good to see LMP1 being the biggest class, lots of quality entries and also the terramos courage LC70 mugen is a surprise, if im at LM this year it could get my vote as my favorite P1 if it makes the same wild noise as it did in 2006 .

LMP2 though is a bit small this year though, i expected a bigger entry to be honest especially with the slew of new cars in the LMS for this year, and i notice in LMP2 still a clear lack on entries from the ALMS which is disapointing.
IMSA-MATMUT are in- one car on the entry (no.76) and one on the reserve list. Only 3 Porsches in GT2, but if Porsche have got any common sense, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them packed with factory drivers....

I suspect none of the American LMP2 teams had entered.

So where have Vitaphone got an Aston from? Bought one, leased one from another team, or cut a deal to sell their LM entry to an existing Aston team

Last edited by KA; 19 Feb 2008 at 15:38.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2132623)   #308
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
[QUOTE=dj choc ice]
LMP2 though is a bit small this year though, i expected a bigger entry to be honest especially with the slew of new cars in the LMS for this year, and i notice in LMP2 still a clear lack on entries from the ALMS which is disapointing

And then we have a Luchini back again, could be the first dropout this year.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2132627)   #309
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Who cars about all those 430's and diesels the Mazda rotary is back, throw those ear plugs away close your eyes and enjoy.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2132629)   #310
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW... did you notice ALL entries on the reserve list are "second" team cars???
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2132630)   #311
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unfortunately its not a mazda rotary, its the MZR 4 cylinder turbo, a nice sound but quite dull, nothing special sound wise for the mazda although the AER engine in P2 spec does crackle and pop quite a lot now
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2132631)   #312
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Who cars about all those 430's and diesels the Mazda rotary is back, throw those ear plugs away close your eyes and enjoy.
the Mazda isnt a rotery thos is it, i thought it was bassed on the AER engine.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2132632)   #313
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Don't think it's a rotary, but the same AER-designed turbo 4-cylinder that B-K use in the ALMS
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2132636)   #314
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
"Last but not least, those who remember the only outright Japanese (and rotary engine) victory at Le Mans by the Mazda 787B in 1991, will have a soft spot for the Lola-Mazda entered in LM P2 by the Kruse Schiller team from Germany. The unique sound of the rotary engine will cause more than a few spectators to sit up and take notice!"

I too thought that it was a aer engine but the ACO announcement above seems to indicate different, perhaps that was a condition of thier entry.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2132638)   #315
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
"Last but not least, those who remember the only outright Japanese (and rotary engine) victory at Le Mans by the Mazda 787B in 1991, will have a soft spot for the Lola-Mazda entered in LM P2 by the Kruse Schiller team from Germany. The unique sound of the rotary engine will cause more than a few spectators to sit up and take notice!"

I too thought that it was a aer engine but the ACO announcement above seems to indicate different, perhaps that was a condition of thier entry.
i think its just the ACO assuming Mazda = rotary
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2132639)   #316
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
i think its just the ACO assuming Mazda = rotary
But we can hope!
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2132641)   #317
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
BTW... did you notice ALL entries on the reserve list are "second" team cars???
Interesting...

Do teams on the reserve list have to turn up at the test day? If they're all second cars from teams already in the race, I guess it's easier that way, in that they're teams who are already going to be there, rather than teams who are having to make plans to attend the test day even though they don't know whether they're in the race
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2132644)   #318
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6

the .pdf of the entry list gives the engine size as '1997T' which suggests it's the 4-pot turbo. What's the equivalent engine capacity for the rotary?
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2132648)   #319
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Its also good to see an Aston back in LMP1 lets hope it sounds and goes like a real Aston an puts those horribly quiet deisels to shame.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2132652)   #320
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a few questions.

How does Epsilon Euskadi get an entry to Le Mans without and entry to the LMS?

Who is Terranos and Tokai University- YGK Power? Have these cars been shaken down yet?
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2132653)   #321
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting list. Four cars that have never turned a wheel in P1--echoes of Spinnaker Clandesteam. The reserve list also containing another two that are in the same boat at the P1 level...no history, no provenance, no car. Dear me. I doubt Creation are happy campers today. Fifth on the reserve (for their second car) behind a pair of cars and team that don't yet exist.

Amazing that Cytosport snuck in under the wire.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2132655)   #322
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
a few questions.

How does Epsilon Euskadi get an entry to Le Mans without and entry to the LMS?
Epsilon Euskadi have two LMS-entries....
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2132674)   #323
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
My mistake. Tell me about the 22 and the 24 car. They don't have squat.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2132682)   #324
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
and one car ready to shakedown
Old 19 Feb 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2132684)   #325
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Some small remarks, most has been said.
  • Autocon Creation has old 5.0 liter Judd engine.
  • YGK Courage on Yokohama tyres. So Yokohama will develop LMP2 rubber for BK and now also LMP1 tyres.
  • Virgo Ferrari on Dunlop and BMS Ferrari on Pirelli. This was not mentioned in LMS entry list.
  • Spyker teams on Michelin tyres instead of Dunlop. Good choice.
  • Still very strange that Farnbacher enters a Ferrari, while they also run a Porsche in LMS with factory support.
  • French chauvisism is rather limited this year. Oreca gets 2 LMP1 entries and Pescarolo/Saulnier gets 2 LMP1s + 1 LMP2 (+ first reserve), while Creation only gets 1 LMP1 entry and Embassy only 1 LMP2 entry. But no WR