Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jan 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2110741)   #126
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Also missing from the list is Intersport and Cytasport .

Intersport normally get an entry and Cytasport expressed an intension to apply for an entry .

Be nice to see at least 1 quick B06/10 there .
Old 21 Jan 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2110748)   #127
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
AUtocon already announced their intent to purchase an "upgrade kit" for the CA06/H to bring it up to CA07 spec.

There was no mention whatsoever of a switch to the new AIM V10.
Well on further checking it looks as if it will indeed be a new tub upgrade for Autocon. link

L.P.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2110776)   #128
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Also missing from the list is Intersport and Cytasport .

Intersport normally get an entry and Cytasport expressed an intension to apply for an entry .

Be nice to see at least 1 quick B06/10 there .
Intersport as a true "Intersport" entry haven't run since 2004. The car was there in 05', but as a rental ride.

Depending on how you slice the pie, there seems to be quite a few cars applying for only a select few openings.

There are six auto entries, plus likely four other givens.

So, it seems likely that we have the following.

Audi Sport North America - autoentry
Audi Sport North America - autoentry
Peugeot - autoentry
Peugeot -autoentry
Pescarolo -autoentry
Autocon -autoentry

Then;

Audi Sport North America - we supply your courtesy cars autoentry
Pescarolo #2 - Nationalism autoentry
Oreca - Nationalism autoentry
Oreca - Nationalism autoentry

From there, we possibly have Charouz Lola/Aston, Charouz Lola/Judd, Dome, Creation, Creation, Arena, Chamberlain, Rollcenter, Tokai University Courage YGK, Cars Tokai Dream 28 Courage Judd, CMS Malaysian entry, Swiss Spirit, Euskadi Epsilon, Scuderia Lavaggi, maybe Peugeot #3, Cytosport and now you are suggesting Intersport. I'm not sure if I've missed anyone...

So, that would be up to 17 cars looking for six to eight spots... Go ahead and slice that pie up for me will ya...
Old 21 Jan 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2110778)   #129
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All proto feild back at LM anyone?
Old 21 Jan 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2110787)   #130
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
From there, we possibly have Charouz Lola/Aston, Charouz Lola/Judd, Dome, Creation, Creation, Arena, Chamberlain, Rollcenter, Tokai University Courage YGK, Cars Tokai Dream 28 Courage Judd, CMS Malaysian entry, Swiss Spirit, Euskadi Epsilon, Scuderia Lavaggi, maybe Peugeot #3, Cytosport and now you are suggesting Intersport. I'm not sure if I've missed anyone...

So, that would be up to 17 cars looking for six to eight spots... Go ahead and slice that pie up for me will ya...
Lola-Aston, Creation, Arena, Rollcentre, Swiss Spirit are almost sure (5)
Charouz Lola-Judd, Chamberlain, 2nd Creation, Tokai Courage very probable (we are at 9) I don't see the others happening....
Old 21 Jan 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2110788)   #131
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO should be telling these guys to go to Sebring.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2110791)   #132
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So whats new there ? Has the ACO ever managed to NOT surprise you ? Your guess is as good as mine mate .

Last edited by The Badger; 21 Jan 2008 at 21:07.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2110798)   #133
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Lola-Aston, Creation, Arena, Rollcentre, Swiss Spirit are almost sure (5)
Charouz Lola-Judd, Chamberlain, 2nd Creation, Tokai Courage very probable (we are at 9) I don't see the others happening....
I would reckon that the 2 Jap proposed Jap entries and the Malaysian entry stand a good chance .

Terada being on the ACO board for one , count that as in , with a previous Le Mans winner too .

The ACO are trying to encourage the new proposed Asian series , so I expect they will get fair share too .

Cant see the 2nd Creation ..... their not even French !!!
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2110799)   #134
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
ACO should be telling these guys to go to Sebring.
I agree. I think it would help show who the real contenders are for the highest possible quality field for LeMans!

L.P.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2110802)   #135
The Badger
Veteran

Id like to see some of the ALMS teams show an interest in the LMS . There is always talk about European teams doing the ALMS , be nice to see it the other way around for a change .

Perhaps the ACO should award an entry to the class winners for Le Mans for say , the Monza 1000 !!!
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2110809)   #136
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Id like to see some of the ALMS teams show an interest in the LMS . There is always talk about European teams doing the ALMS , be nice to see it the other way around for a change .

Perhaps the ACO should award an entry to the class winners for Le Mans for say , the Monza 1000 !!!

Well, the European enduro that ALMS teams are interested in, is Le Mans. That is essentially the exchange.

Besides, the implication that is being suggested above, is that those applying for entry to LM, who have never raced before, do so at the earliest race, to show the ACO they are prepared enough to warrant selection.

Class winning autoentries are not going to attract ALMS entries to an European LMS event. Who stands a chance of winning such a race in the ALMS, who wouldn't also win the entries in the ALMS itself? (and be interested in LM) Maybe a couple in GT2....
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2110811)   #137
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
My "guess" would be the following acceptances.

Charouz Lola/Aston, Dome, Creation, Chamberlain, Rollcenter, Tokai University Courage YGK, Cars Tokai Dream 28 Courage Judd, Swiss Spirit, Euskadi Epsilon

So, a 19 car LMP1 field, at the expense of the GT1 and GT2 fields.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2110819)   #138
The Badger
Veteran

[QUOTE=Fogelhund] is that those applying for entry to LM, who have never raced before, do so at the earliest race, to show the ACO they are prepared enough to warrant selection.QUOTE]

Isnt that the way it does happen though . It wasnt so long ago that the ACO said that those who did well at Sebring , would be looked upon favourably for a LM entry ?

And isnt that one of the reasons that European teams do go to Sebring , to showcase their form , the other being its a bloody brilliant race too .
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2110820)   #139
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I need to see the Dome , The Tokai University and the Epsilon Euskadi first....
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2110821)   #140
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
My "guess" would be the following acceptances.

Charouz Lola/Aston, Dome, Creation, Chamberlain, Rollcenter, Tokai University Courage YGK, Cars Tokai Dream 28 Courage Judd, Swiss Spirit, Euskadi Epsilon

So, a 19 car LMP1 field, at the expense of the GT1 and GT2 fields.
So , you dont reckon on Arena ?
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2110832)   #141
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
So , you dont reckon on Arena ?
Out of those entries, that was my cut. Why? Dropping their selection last year being the primary... the ACO seems to not like things like that... in addition, no full time entry in any series last year, and somewhat spotty results. Look, someone has to go, unless we move to 20 LMP1's and they'd be the next on the list.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2110849)   #142
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say when I came up with my list, i was struggling to find GT1 and GT2 cars.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2110854)   #143
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have to say when I came up with my list, i was struggling to find GT1 and GT2 cars.
#

I guess we'll end up with no more than 10 GT1 cars:
2x Aston Martin Racing
2x Corvette Racing
2x Labre Saleen
2x LAA Corvette
1x more Aston, probably Team Modena
1x Reiter Lamborghini
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2110858)   #144
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Out of those entries, that was my cut. Why? Dropping their selection last year being the primary... the ACO seems to not like things like that... in addition, no full time entry in any series last year, and somewhat spotty results. Look, someone has to go, unless we move to 20 LMP1's and they'd be the next on the list.
Ok ok ..... i see your point .
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2110861)   #145
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
On my list I can come up with 10 GT1 and 17 GT2 possibilities .
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2110880)   #146
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

with LMS already heavily oversubscribed, how would they find space for an influx of occasional entrries from ALMS?
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:04 (Ref:2110889)   #147
The Badger
Veteran

Ok , point taken mal
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2110914)   #148
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Quote:
is that those applying for entry to LM, who have never raced before, do so at the earliest race, to show the ACO they are prepared enough to warrant selection.
Isnt that the way it does happen though . It wasnt so long ago that the ACO said that those who did well at Sebring , would be looked upon favourably for a LM entry ?

And isnt that one of the reasons that European teams do go to Sebring , to showcase their form , the other being its a bloody brilliant race too .
But when the ACO announces 3 weeks before the running of Sebring who the final 55 are and the reserves then how can it influence their decision as to who gets an invite??

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 21 Jan 2008 at 23:52.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:55 (Ref:2110953)   #149
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
But when the ACO announces 3 weeks before the running of Sebring who the final 55 are and the reserves then how can it influence their decision as to who gets an invite??

L.P.

Obviously they can't, and the ACO should go back to announcing invites after Sebring, as they have done most often.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 01:09 (Ref:2110959)   #150
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Obviously they can't, and the ACO should go back to announcing invites after Sebring, as they have done most often.
I would agree that the ACO should go back to announcing the invites after Sebring has been run.
I was just trying to answer The Badger, your quote just snuck in there somehow.

L.P.

ps I think it had something to do with the funky quote perameters in his post, of you.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 22 Jan 2008 at 01:12.