Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Oct 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3317695)   #476
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the BluRay finally arrived. The strange thing though, it came from the Netherlands! That shouldn't have taken so long in my eyes.

But instead of moaning about how long it took to get here, I'd better enjoy watching it, which I will do tonight. Happy times
Old 14 Oct 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3317787)   #477
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Well, the BluRay finally arrived. The strange thing though, it came from the Netherlands! That shouldn't have taken so long in my eyes.

But instead of moaning about how long it took to get here, I'd better enjoy watching it, which I will do tonight. Happy times
Got mine too .
And what a nice poem in the start!
Looking forward to the rest 3 hours and 50minutes
Old 14 Oct 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3317889)   #478
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enjoy it guys! Feet up, foot down.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3317904)   #479
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just finished it!
Rather good, however I did really miss Tom's speech on the podium! - I don't know if this is because it struck me harder as a dane, but I really feel that those words matched the emotions he showed in the end.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3318191)   #480
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With England through to the World Cup final here's hoping for a big game, some sun and a big screen on Friday to add to the festivities.

Hoping CTD will join us for a beer this year
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3318192)   #481
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Always good fun at Le Mans when the World Cup is on - even better now! But will France get through the play-offs???
Old 15 Oct 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3318205)   #482
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Well Denmark won't be in that Football-thingy, as far as I was told last Friday (something to do with not beating Italy).

But a beer and good company Might persuade me! - I will however not guarantee that I will follow the game being played
Old 15 Oct 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3318216)   #483
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
'Might' is better than I expected. I'll take it Mathias! Encouraging signs haha.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 05:29 (Ref:3318285)   #484
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Always good fun at Le Mans when the World Cup is on - even better now! But will France get through the play-offs???
Interesting.... I was expected a grumpy, I don't do football comment from you, Ayse?
England v Holland on Friday night would be fun in the campsites
Old 16 Oct 2013, 06:08 (Ref:3318293)   #485
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
We're in the play-offs too, but with little chance of actually getting anything out of them. So I'll most likely be able to either watch the matches without the burden of supporting anyone, or just skip them entirely.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 06:23 (Ref:3318294)   #486
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Good thing Denmark did not get in to the world cup.

Then we dont need to hear about how close we are to be world champions.

England vs Holland on a friday night at Le Mans sounds like good fun. Glad that i dont have to dress up in all orange or white/red.
Think I would sit back and just enjoy the fans rivaly, as football is to boring to watch. Maybe bringing a euro 92 t-shirt just to let anyone know that if we wanted to we could have been champions, but since we won in 92 we still must be considert the best even if we dont compete.
Or maybe just head to town to find a lot of lonely young frensh girls in the bars.

my bet: estonia for gold.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3318320)   #487
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I am happy, nothing like the world cup to make le mans more civilised, the fact that it keeps the rowdy football fans away helps and happy to miss the footy focused telly at home, Happy for England to do well in the world cup but will be much happier if British cars/drivers do well it the main sporting event rather than the over hyped side show
Old 16 Oct 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3318347)   #488
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
nothing like the world cup to make le mans more civilised, the fact that it keeps the rowdy football fans away helps
Never thought about this. If true, that is indeed a real benefit!

Who to support though? Holland or Belgium? Or both?
Old 16 Oct 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3318372)   #489
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Never thought about this. If true, that is indeed a real benefit!

Who to support though? Holland or Belgium? Or both?
Well i will be supporting, Audi or toyota or Porsche or rebellion
Old 16 Oct 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3318385)   #490
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Porsche for me.

In both the LMP1 and GT classes.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3318408)   #491
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i will be supporting, Audi or toyota or Porsche or rebellion
Apart from the Three Lions (obviously), when it comes to the P1 battle I'm still not sure yet who I'll ultimately be shouting for.

Above all else I want to see an epic race. I have a soft spot for Toyota. I'm thrilled Porsche are back - but what I'm leaning towards really is an 'anyone but Audi' type mentality.

That's not to say for a moment that I don't like Audi. I have a huge amount of respect for them. I just think it would be better for the sport to have an incredible race and have someone else win it.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3318416)   #492
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a lot of great memories from Le Mans clashing with major tournaments. Anyone remember John Hindhaugh commentating on the first half of England vs Trinidad and Tobago in 2006?

2012 was really good. We found a Tabac in the city centre to watch England against Sweden, and it was packed - many of the French fans who had watched their team play before stayed for the England game, and a lot of them cheered England on, which was great to see.

If France do qualify for the WC, we might get a stranger starting time for the race. I don't mind an early start but when it kicked off at 5, I really didn't like it.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3318431)   #493
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Why would the start time change? There's a 5 hour time difference with Brazil.
Match times are:
"The group stage matches will be played at 13:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, and 19:00 local time, with knockout stage matches at 13.00 and 17.00 local time. The semi-finals will be played at 17:00 local time and the Final, on 13 July 2014 at the Maracana stadium, at 16:00 local time." (copied from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FI...ld_Cup#Matches)

So the matches will be at 18:00, 21:00, 22:00, 23:00 and 00:00 hrs Central European Time. Don't see the need to change the 15:00 start/finish time.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3318453)   #494
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whoops, I'd completely forgotten about the time difference! Okay then, that's not so bad.

Imagine if England, France or Holland played on midnight of the race - the atmosphere in the village would be absolutely buzzing.

I point blank refuse to acknowledge any other sport whilst the world's greatest sporting event is ongoing, but I might stop by for a beer in the area if that happens.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3318511)   #495
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Naturally I support Audi, but only if it is Tom Kristensen's car!
However, I don't want a domination, but a good fight, like this year
Old 16 Oct 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3318515)   #496
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Be great to go watch a match at midnight after night practice. Audi did a great job last year with the big screen in the village. The R18 show car thankfully survived being surrounded by football fans.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3318551)   #497
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Interesting.... I was expected a grumpy, I don't do football comment from you, Ayse?
England v Holland on Friday night would be fun in the campsites
Very much a casual supporter Mal, but pleased the team made it. I wouldn't let watching a match get in the way of any on-track action though......
Old 16 Oct 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3318564)   #498
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I wouldn't let watching a match get in the way of any on-track action though......
It's blasfemie if any one chooses otherwise!
Old 16 Oct 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3318607)   #499
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh, I've known members of my old Tourists group go off to watch a match leaving me the only one who stayed at trackside watching the race! Crazy!
Old 16 Oct 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3318617)   #500
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Like I said, Blasfemie!