Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Aug 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3444780)   #1076
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I too have read about running the complete track on 'other forums'. And as far as I know it is not forbidden to name them, so here goes: pistonheads.com

Friday is the day the running aficionados do their thing.
Old 17 Aug 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3444804)   #1077
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I too have read about running the complete track on 'other forums'. And as far as I know it is not forbidden to name them, so here goes: pistonheads.com

But is the track completely open there?, I have never heard that this should be the case?
Old 17 Aug 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3444824)   #1078
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post

Pah - everyone knows that Friday is the day to wander around the pits and eat pizza in the evening........ What is this 'running' thing anyway? I think I may have done that once - many years ago........
Old 18 Aug 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3444966)   #1079
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they've done it two years on the trot 'officially' now - start from the Team Langoustine campsite by TR.... Not managed it myself, but would like to - need to up the ante from my current 5K limit though!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3446570)   #1080
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone is interested the DVD/Blu-Ray of the race is coming on sale now. Duke have it as usual - should be available in other places too.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3446714)   #1081
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Duly ordered of course

Thx for the update Simmi!
Old 24 Aug 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3446741)   #1082
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Veggie Running

I am also planning to be doing a bit of running at Le Mans 2015.........

If I am late for the ten-tenths meeting
Old 24 Aug 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3446750)   #1083
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
I am also planning to be doing a bit of running at Le Mans 2015.........

If I am late for the ten-tenths meeting
Planning!?
I have photographic evidence that run every year at Le Mans
Old 24 Aug 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3446946)   #1084
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Planning!?
I have photographic evidence that run every year at Le Mans
Now that is some serious running there!
Old 3 Sep 2014, 06:52 (Ref:3449910)   #1085
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
thats my kind of running. It's me with the red shoulders. 6th from the right.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3453860)   #1086
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So speaking of P1 entries for next year... who do we expect

Quaranteed

H Audi Sport Team Joest I
H Audi Sport Team Joest II
H Porsche Team I
H Porsche Team II
H Toyota Racing I
H Toyota Racing II
H Nissan Motorsports I
H Nissan Motorsports II
L Rebellion Racing I
L Rebellion Racing II
L Lotus

Almost quaranteed

H Audi Sport Team Joest III
H Nissan Motorsports III

Possibilities

H Porsche Team III
H Toyota Racing III
L SARD

Others

L Lotus II ???
anyone else ???

Minimum: 11
Likely: 12-16
Maximum: 17-ish

Last edited by Deleted; 16 Sep 2014 at 11:04.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3453879)   #1087
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OAK hasn't ruled out a 2015 LMP1-L entry, but the closer we get to 2015, the less likely it's going to happen I guess.

There also was the rumour about a current LMP2 team buying a Rebellion R-One a few months ago. But nothing has been heard about that since then.

Perrinn? As much as I'd like to see it being built, I don't think it will happen.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3453889)   #1088
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perrinn is targeting 2016 I believe.

I think the Oak case is one of those "who knows" deals now - from their end too - rather than anything substantial
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3453899)   #1089
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Might also chuck into the mix (admittedly on the rather unlikely side of the equation) Sinault's comments that Alpine were looking at the WEC next year and with the WEC attitude towards manufacturers in LMP2 perhaps LMP1 might be an option.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3453900)   #1090
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a good looking list. Really hoping for at least 11 works LMPs. It's going to be huge!!

I'm hoping Lotus have a couple of good runs this year and hopefully firm themselves up heading into next year.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3453905)   #1091
Deleted
Veteran

If I were a betting man right now I'd say

Audi Sport Team Joest
Audi Sport Team Joest
Audi Sport Team Joest
Porsche Team
Porsche Team
Porsche Team
Toyota Racing
Toyota Racing
Nissan Motorsports
Nissan Motorsports
Nissan Motorsports
Rebellion Racing
Rebellion Racing
Lotus
SARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Might also chuck into the mix (admittedly on the rather unlikely side of the equation) Sinault's comments that Alpine were looking at the WEC next year and with the WEC attitude towards manufacturers in LMP2 perhaps LMP1 might be an option.
FIA/ACO's attitude will only change when Alpine actually starts doing more than putting those fake homologation papers and branding stickers on Orecas
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3453907)   #1092
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If I were a betting man right now I'd say

Audi Sport Team Joest
Audi Sport Team Joest
Audi Sport Team Joest
Porsche Team
Porsche Team
Porsche Team
Toyota Racing
Toyota Racing
Nissan Motorsports
Nissan Motorsports
Nissan Motorsports
Rebellion Racing
Rebellion Racing
Lotus
SARD
That's not an unreasonable prediction by any stretch of the imagination, and would arguably make it the strongest entry in the top category in my lifetime.

I think we may see a couple of privateers get flirty with Dagys, Pruett etc about the prospect of a P1 entry, but we're just as likely to see SARD's plans fall through.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3453908)   #1093
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think we may see a couple of privateers get flirty with Dagys, Pruett etc about the prospect of a P1 entry, but we're just as likely to see SARD's plans fall through.
Yeah but then again most of us (me included) thought Lotus/Kodewa was never going to see daylight or that it even existed when it finally disappeared from this years entry list... so anything is possible SARD visiting Ricard is a sign of something I guess.

Believe me I've been one of the more pessimistic about the prospects of privateer cars (and still think they should be allowed to run in ELMS) but there is some hope in the horizon I think
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3453911)   #1094
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
In terms of three-car teams:

Audi will do it.
Porsche have been testing extra drivers. They have funds. Seems like a natural progression
Nissan have shown willingness straight off the bat. Mentioned in multiple interviews
Toyota rumoured. If the above happens they'll be under more pressure to step up

I think we could see 12 personally. Not sure I'd be able to contain myself.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3453913)   #1095
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
In terms of three-car teams:

Audi will do it.
Porsche have been testing extra drivers. They have funds. Seems like a natural progression
Nissan have shown willingness straight off the bat. Mentioned in multiple interviews
Toyota rumoured. If the above happens they'll be under more pressure to step up

I think we could see 12 personally. Not sure I'd be able to contain myself.
Let's not forget that this years Le Mans (2014) showed Toyota why it's so important to have 3 cars.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3453924)   #1096
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yeah but then again most of us (me included) thought Lotus/Kodewa was never going to see daylight or that it even existed when it finally disappeared from this years entry list... so anything is possible SARD visiting Ricard is a sign of something I guess.

Believe me I've been one of the more pessimistic about the prospects of privateer cars (and still think they should be allowed to run in ELMS) but there is some hope in the horizon I think
I agree there's hope on the horizon but it's still volatile. If Lotus turn up and beat Rebellion, things could really snowball. Equally, Rebellion could simply give up and Lotus might disappear off the face of the earth again...then who would join?

I'm not letting myself get excited about privateers just yet. That way, it will feel even better if more materialise
Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3453951)   #1097
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I agree there's hope on the horizon but it's still volatile. If Lotus turn up and beat Rebellion, things could really snowball. Equally, Rebellion could simply give up and Lotus might disappear off the face of the earth again...then who would join?

I'm not letting myself get excited about privateers just yet. That way, it will feel even better if more materialise
Well ok!... Mr. Glass half empty!
Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3453959)   #1098
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I think given where we were just over a year ago with what seemed like a booming privateer LMP1 crop (Oak, Dome, Perrin etc.) people can be forgiven for being cautious.

I'm not going to believe anything until I see it on track.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3453960)   #1099
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I'm not going next year, I'm allowed to take it out on something

You can scratch the Panda off list of potential LMP1-L entrants.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3453964)   #1100
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think given where we were just over a year ago with what seemed like a booming privateer LMP1 crop (Oak, Dome, Perrin etc.) people can be forgiven for being cautious.

I'm not going to believe anything until I see it on track.
And I agree Simmi, just wanted to poke a bit to John-Mark
Quote:
I'm not going next year, I'm allowed to take it out on something

You can scratch the Panda off list of potential LMP1-L entrants.
I still believe you can sneak off to Le Mans! We need a Martini livered car at Le Mans! (even though it's just a Panda )