Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jun 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4113155)   #726
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it depends on the formula you have chosen for your membership. Mine includes the visit in the espaces ACO.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4113160)   #727
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
One thing I am doing for the first time this year is driving between White/Arnage/Mulsanne car parks. Is this straightforward? I won’t be doing it at peak times, probably more like 11pm Sat (from White) and 9am Sun (back to White). Tips welcomed!
Old 6 Jun 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4113168)   #728
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just follow the signs/everyone else. Not sure why you think saturday night is not peak time, it is probably the time most people head out to the corners. The car parks will be very busy. We usually go out there Thursday evening less busy and easier to get close to the action
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4113173)   #729
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
One thing I am doing for the first time this year is driving between White/Arnage/Mulsanne car parks. Is this straightforward? I won’t be doing it at peak times, probably more like 11pm Sat (from White) and 9am Sun (back to White). Tips welcomed!
With a park Blanc ticket the parks at Arnage and Mulsanne are free.

From Blanc to Arnage park :
https://goo.gl/maps/mCWGpG7ExSDmJTWC7
You will find a signpost at an intersection after 3km, don't miss it or you enter Arnage..
There are two or three parks at Arnage. If the first is full go further on the road and you will find other park on the right with people welcoming you.

From Arnage to Mulsanne :
https://goo.gl/maps/UJYvE7hAtRUQ5HL29
Just find the "Mulsanne" park signpost toward the left (don't drive too fast, it appears suddenly).

Some tips :
  • drive slowly and carefully, there are pedestrians and bicycles along the road to Arnage.
  • You will find more places in the car parks after midnight.
  • for coming back to parking blanc from Mulsanne, pass through Moncé-en-Belin and use a GPS or find the signroads to the park. I tell this because the road to Arnage is usually one way.

Last edited by PascaLM; 6 Jun 2022 at 10:38.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4113177)   #730
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a 27 min walk from Porsche Curves so I may well do that Thursday evening. Sunday morning may find me at Tetre Rouge depending on weather.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4113178)   #731
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Did you pay the extra euro40 at the circuit last year or was it part of your old membership
I think I paid something like 109 euros last year.... My card says 'ACO1 + HA01' if that means anything....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4113181)   #732
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yep you paid the extra last year for bits like access to the members area but that was only for 2021 so a bit of a waste as you did not go. If you paid for basic this year you will have to pay extra for access unless you sneak in, old wrist bands come in handy for that
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4113182)   #733
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I made quite a fuss to the ACO after getting nothing for my money in 2020 and I think I may have been 'upgraded'....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:49 (Ref:4113184)   #734
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Arnage area carparks :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arnage carparks.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	75048
Old 6 Jun 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4113189)   #735
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think I paid something like 109 euros last year.... My card says 'ACO1 + HA01' if that means anything....
ACO1 is the list of the items of your membership.
HA1 means that you can access the espaces membres for one person for the 24H week + the offical pack provided onsite.

Check on the site "My accoun"t then menu "Club/My Membership"
Old 6 Jun 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4113194)   #736
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Pascal. I seem to be OK then. I was just worried by the use of the word 'finished'.... Strangely, looking on the site, I can't find the payment that I made in 2021, nor can I find it in my bank statements. But I do know that I spent a lot of time corresponding with the ACO last year about my membership. Unfortunately I can't access those emails here...
Old 6 Jun 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4113198)   #737
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
My card only has AC01 on it, but I paid the extra €40 for members’ area access when I renewed and my account clearly shows that. I assume if they scan it, I’ll be ok. But who knows!

Thanks all for the car park tips.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 12:59 (Ref:4113206)   #738
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still haven't found my card but the website says I'm a member until August. Hey ho.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4113208)   #739
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I still haven't found my card but the website says I'm a member until August. Hey ho.
Good luck trying to get into the members area without your card hope your french is better than mine.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4113213)   #740
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They can look it up easy enough, and once you have your armband you'll be OK. The question will be though whether you need to pay the extra 40 euros if you only have the base membership....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 14:01 (Ref:4113219)   #741
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They can look it up easy enough, and once you have your armband you'll be OK. The question will be though whether you need to pay the extra 40 euros if you only have the base membership....
armbands? is it really going to drop that much liquid sunshine??
Old 6 Jun 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4113225)   #742
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, the forecast is almost entirely dry for the rest of the week and weekend...
Old 6 Jun 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4113228)   #743
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Are they doing armbands now rather than wrist ones, that will make it harder for me to sneak in without paying
Old 6 Jun 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4113229)   #744
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Yes, my plan is to go to the office at the grandstand and ask them to look up my membership. If there is extra to pay, so be it. Just got RSL1 linked to the car radio so will hopefully be able to listen on my way down.

I also note that Rouen has a ULEV Zone. My car won't comply, do they.jusy ping the number plate and then send a bill?
Old 6 Jun 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4113230)   #745
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Yes, my plan is to go to the office at the grandstand and ask them to look up my membership. If there is extra to pay, so be it. Just got RSL1 linked to the car radio so will hopefully be able to listen on my way down.

I also note that Rouen has a ULEV Zone. My car won't comply, do they.jusy ping the number plate and then send a bill?
As long as you stay on the ring road you will be ok, only applies to the centre as far as i am aware.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 14:58 (Ref:4113234)   #746
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There’s a ring road? I remember it was through the middle no choice.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4113236)   #747
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I’ve been checking my ACO membership regarding this extra €40 payment for the members areas. It’s weird. It says ‘Members Area (For the Member) during the 24 Hours of Le Mans /finished’. However the ‘End Date’ is stated to be 30.06.22, the same as my actual membership…..?
Quote:
Thanks Pascal. I seem to be OK then. I was just worried by the use of the word 'finished'.... Strangely, looking on the site, I can't find the payment that I made in 2021, nor can I find it in my bank statements. But I do know that I spent a lot of time corresponding with the ACO last year about my membership. Unfortunately I can't access those emails here...
Just going back on this.... I emailed the ACO and they've just confirmed that I do have the Members Area access. Interestingly, the word 'finished' in my membership information has now disappeared and it confirms that the access is for 2022.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:13 (Ref:4113237)   #748
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There’s a ring road? I remember it was through the middle no choice.
I thought so but Google Maps says the ring road is included in the zone.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:16 (Ref:4113238)   #749
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

In Rouen the regulations only concern commercial vehicles until 1 September this year. After that it will apply to all motorised vehicles.
Simon is quite right, the zone is bounded by the ring road:

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/im...E_2021_map.jpg
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4113254)   #750
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If it was not then oh boy the chaos would be horrendous. However the Rouen ring road is bad enough.
Closed Thread