Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3315719)   #1
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

News from Peter Auto as published in the French Motoring press.
Forgive the translation.
There was talk, it's now confirmed: organizer of the biggest French historical events, Peter Auto acquired the Golden Age Grand Prix but will no longer be in charge of the Grand Prix de Pau Historique (or 'modern' GP). After three years of collaboration, Patrick Peter and the ASAC Basco Béarnais decided (by consensus, dixit the press release) not to renew their contract for 2014. The ASAC Basco Béarnais remains only at the controls for the 'modern' GP (9-11 may 2014) and the GP history (17-18 may). Two new events will come to expand the Peter Auto calendar, in different registers: the Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille (6-7 September, competition combining automotive, design, fashion, luxury and art of living Ã* la française) and the Roll'n Start Cup (28 September, competition reserved for energy recovery vehicles). The major milestones of the historic season will be of course to go, of the Tour Auto with ten thousand tours, by the way, this year Le Mans Classic. Note finally that the Mugello circuit will take over of Imola for the Italian 'Classic' round and a series dedicated to passenger cars (initiated at Spa Classic this year) will see the day, under the name Heritage Touring Cup (Mugello, Dijon, Spa and Le Castellet).

7-12 April: Tour Auto Optic 2000 - April 25-27: Mugello Classic - 16-18 may: Spa Classic - June 6-8: Grand Prix of the Golden Age in Dijon - 4-6 July: Le Mans Classic - 7 September: Chantilly Arts and Elegance Richard Mille - September 28: Roll'n Start Cup in Paris - October 3-5: the ten thousand rounds of Castellet

Last edited by Robert Farrell; 10 Oct 2013 at 12:48.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3315731)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
do you know any more about the touring car series? is it running to pre 66 cut off? also will the races be 1 hour?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3315775)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon, if it's the same as the event at Spa this year it will be for pre 66, pre 80 and pre 90 IIRC. Covering Gp 2, Gp 1, Gp 2(70s) and Group A. Agreed, it would be interesting to get some clarification of this.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3315888)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So ask Peter Auto!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3315893)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did and never got a reply!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 05:25 (Ref:3316965)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter Auto taking over Dijon L'Age d'Or is interesting. (But with Louis Q now working for them not surprising.) This year it was a Masters benefit that resulted in Carol Spragg and others starting the Dijon Motors Cup to get their grids to the wonderful circuit. So with PA filling their event with own grids, will Masters go back, and where will Lurani and HGPCA finish up?

My belief is that next year the PA Touring cars (4 meetings) is intended to be for Gps 1&2 and earlier A. But we will see...

Old 18 Oct 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3319336)   #7
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More interesting proposals. "Pre `63 GT" series amalgamating with some "Sixties Endurance" races. "U2TC" to join certain Peter Auto touring car grids and the "1000km" series to link with the "CER" series.
Considering the Paul Ricard "Sixties Endurance" grid was oversubscribed and combined with the fact that 2014 is a LMC year. I would imagine there are going to be some very full "Sixties Endurance" grids up to July 2014.
2014 is going to fascinating.
I can`t wait to see the calendars of other series who run European events.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3319342)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Carol sent a good email out the other day . . . Spa classic is on my radar again . .assuming I get one of the cars built/rebuilt in time!
Old 30 Oct 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3325065)   #9
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Farrell asked me join in for some precisions about 2014 and what we will be doing.

In fact, we took over the Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or from my father Patrick Quiniou.

We're looking forward to working with some of the "old boys" of the Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or and this is being discussed at the moment.

2014 being the 50th anniversary of the event it will look good and I should work on that !

Regarding our touring car grid, to be named "Heritage Touring Cup" for Grp. 1/Grp. 2 and Group A from the 1966-1984 period.

3 dates, Spa, Dijon, Castellet. Spa will be a "special" with 2 races (day & night) and the others to be on a 1 hour race format.

All heritage touring cup is being discussed and put together at the moment.

Regarding Carol Spagg, discussions are taking place.

I'll confirm everything when I have all answers.

If you have questions, please ask.

PS : Regarding Touring Cars, help is welcome for the regulations if you have any advice to give.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3325083)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

post 66 - that is me out of the equation!
Seems to me the main problem with Pre 63 merging with PA is the requirementto get an internaional licence. Everything else a clubbie des (inc the Spa 6 Hour) you can do on a Nat A or is that all changing next year?
Old 30 Oct 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3325105)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
post 66 - that is me out of the equation!
Seems to me the main problem with Pre 63 merging with PA is the requirementto get an internaional licence. Everything else a clubbie des (inc the Spa 6 Hour) you can do on a Nat A or is that all changing next year?
I think the 'International Historic' licence is acceptable?
Old 30 Oct 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3325118)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

not as I read it.... reckon an ECG is required and bit more folding to MSA. Out of interest it seems Carol was softening us up for a price hike - how much more do PA charge to the other series?
Old 30 Oct 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3325124)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
THe Spa classic double header was cheaper than U2TC . . . and we did it with Nat A pieces of expensive plastic.

Int C / Int Historic are the same thing are they not? I had an Int C for a few years until 2011, let it slip as unnecessary.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3325134)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe, and it needs checking, that the FIA has sanctioned that unless you have an international licence you can't race outside of your own country, which is Simon's point. We discussed this elsewhere that this may be a contravention of the free movement principles of the EU.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3325178)   #15
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I believe, and it needs checking, that the FIA has sanctioned that unless you have an international licence you can't race outside of your own country, which is Simon's point. We discussed this elsewhere that this may be a contravention of the free movement principles of the EU.
So I would need an international to race at Mondello? or Phoenix Park in Dublin? if I was running with a Nat A at Kirkistown?
Old 30 Oct 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3325181)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quite possibly. Daft if so, but I think that's what it means. Needs to be checked though. because I'm working from a very vague and rusty memory.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3325202)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
not as I read it.... reckon an ECG is required and bit more folding to MSA. Out of interest it seems Carol was softening us up for a price hike - how much more do PA charge to the other series?
You are right about ecg- applies to any international licence, it would appear. Only plus point of Int Historic, it seems, is that (if you have Nat A) you can get one just by handing over extra readies and getting ecg done. But it only covers you for historic events, whereas Int C allows one to race modern stuff- should 'one' so desire!

Looks like a posible date clash already- Masters have announced that their first event for 2014 will be at Barcelona on Apr 4-6th. HVM Racing are at Dijon same weekend, and it was their meeting at the circuit this year that GTSCC and MRL took their grids to. Here's hoping that it is not the case next year!
Old 30 Oct 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3325222)   #18
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
So I would need an international to race at Mondello? or Phoenix Park in Dublin? if I was running with a Nat A at Kirkistown?
Unless it's to be changed for 2014, there is complete reciprocity (that's easy for me so say!) between MSA and Motorsport Ireland licences
Old 30 Oct 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3325249)   #19
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My impression of the licence situation is that nobody really knows the exact details. There was an FIA meeting in Geneva 2-3 weeks ago where clarification was sought by the attendees and promised by the FIA. I don't know whether that has happened yet but it's getting late for 2014 licence applications.

My understanding is that the new proposal is that a national championship is permitted to have one meeting in a country other than that of the organising body. In other words, a UK championship could have a round at, say, Dijon and their competitors could race on a National A. Some race organisers from Europe have told me that they were under the impression that the "foreign" race had to be in an adjacent country (bit of a problem for us in the UK) so a Dutch championship could not have their foreign race in Spain for example but they could have a race in Belgium.

I'm going to an HSCC board meeting tomorrow so I might learn more there. I just hope that drivers who want to give themselves a bit of a treat in the form of a race in Europe once a year will continue to be able to do so with the minimum of fuss and bureaucracy.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3325255)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I was also under impression that having one race only outside organisers own country would not mean drivers having to have an international licence.

More date clashes- HSCC Silverstone International May 17/18th same weekend as Peter Auto Spa Classic. HSCC Autosport 3hr Snetterton June 7/8th same weekend as Dijon l'Age d'Or.......

Nothing changes!
Old 30 Oct 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3325262)   #21
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did the HSCC dates for 2014 come from, Mike?
Old 30 Oct 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3325263)   #22
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was also under impression that having one race only outside organisers own country would not mean drivers having to have an international licence

Nothing changes!
Mike this is how I understand it, so HSCC having one round at Spa is fine for a Nat A as is the actual 6 Hour race, but as Peter Auto is in more than one country you need an International one. If you only do the rounds in your own country I don't know if you need an Int or not.

It might seem a small point but it basically adds thick end of a grand to the cost without any benefit.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3325272)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Mike.GTSCC at Snetterton?

Same day as Peter Auto job at Dijon with race for same cars.

Its all as clear as mud!
Old 30 Oct 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3325298)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mike this is how I understand it, so HSCC having one round at Spa is fine for a Nat A as is the actual 6 Hour race, but as Peter Auto is in more than one country you need an International one. If you only do the rounds in your own country I don't know if you need an Int or not.

It might seem a small point but it basically adds thick end of a grand to the cost without any benefit.

Is that how much an International Historic is when you factor in medical and ECG then? Cripes.

I wonder if the FIA will get away with this. They tried before and were forced to bring in the NEAFP racea. I'm not being complacent just interested.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 06:35 (Ref:3325386)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Mike.GTSCC at Snetterton?

Same day as Peter Auto job at Dijon with race for same cars.

Its all as clear as mud!
Yup, same weekend. 2hrs PA 60's Endurance- possibly with added Carol's Pre '63- at l'Age d'Or, and GTSCC rumoured to be joining HSCC for the Guards 3hr at Snetterton. Great.

My guess is Masters won't be going to Dijon at any point as there won't be room for all their grids alongside other organisers. But still unclear where HGPCA, Lurani, GTSCC and MRL will slot in at the circuit!

Peter, I think the big HSCC dates are pretty predictable- Easter Thruxton, Mid May Silverstone International, 1st full w/end in June Snetterton, late June Cadwell, 2nd w/end in July Brands Supercup, Croft beginning Aug, Oulton bh w/end. Maybe Combe beginning Oct....