Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2022, 04:58 (Ref:4112166)   #276
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
When i started going to le mans back in the eighties, there were dozens of stalls, particularly under the stands opposite the pits, that sold model cars both racing and road cars, the numbers of those has been dropping over the years and very few left now/
Old 31 May 2022, 05:57 (Ref:4112168)   #277
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
What’s the deal with the e-tickets? I‘m in the market for a cheap grandstand ticket on ebay and the guy is saying he can email it to me to be printed off, am I going to have any issues with this? I have only dealt with physical tickets in the e past. Many thanks in advance!
The printout will work fine. Your risk is that the seller takes his own printout (or his eticket) and enters before you. Only one scan per ticket will work, subsequent scans will fail (you can scan out when you leave, so as to be able to scan back in, but same thing applies - one scan per ticket).

With a physical ticket you know you have the only copy. You can never know that with an eticket.
Old 31 May 2022, 06:01 (Ref:4112169)   #278
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think i read all grandstand tickets included GE now but i may be mistaken
This is true but slightly ambiguous. Grandstand tickets were available as a bundle with general admission, plus they come on one ticket (at least they do for etickets) so yes, both are ‘included’, but you still have to pay for both items.
Old 31 May 2022, 06:14 (Ref:4112171)   #279
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Of course the ACO never gives you anything for free
Old 31 May 2022, 07:47 (Ref:4112178)   #280
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
When i started going to le mans back in the eighties, there were dozens of stalls, particularly under the stands opposite the pits, that sold model cars both racing and road cars, the numbers of those has been dropping over the years and very few left now/
There are still quite a few there - at least there were in 2019. There would have been limited point in 2021 with the small crowd.

The last model I bought was of the 2020 Nielsen LMP2 as a present for my lad (who worked on it).
Old 31 May 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4112260)   #281
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
there were a few there in 2019 but no where near as many as there used to be
Old 31 May 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4112263)   #282
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'll start me off on the 'good old days' before all the food (except at Arnage and Mulsanne) was franchised.....
Old 31 May 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4112265)   #283
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You'll start me off on the 'good old days' before all the food (except at Arnage and Mulsanne) was franchised.....
yep in the old days the variety of food and quality was much better
Old 31 May 2022, 16:23 (Ref:4112266)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Definitely.
Old 31 May 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4112285)   #285
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really sad to be missing this one (for various reasons) again, which is why I've been a bit quiet.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Saving myself for '23, which is set to be my stag do.
Old 1 Jun 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4112363)   #286
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Really sad to be missing this one (for various reasons) again, which is why I've been a bit quiet.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Saving myself for '23, which is set to be my stag do.
Well sorry you will be missing this year, but congratulations on your engagement and future plans
Old 1 Jun 2022, 19:53 (Ref:4112467)   #287
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, with commiserations and congratulations in equal measure to G4J, I'm signing off here as I'll be off at about 6 am for the drive to Pompey.

For all those travelling over, I hope you have safe journeys and a fantastic event. For those watching from home (now that I know the feeling after the last two years!), I hope you can enjoy it too and perhaps make plans for 2023.

See (some of) you guys later!
Old 1 Jun 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4112468)   #288
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Safe journey Ayse. My ride came home tonight so making ready for Wednesday. See you there.
Old 2 Jun 2022, 08:05 (Ref:4112507)   #289
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yep in the old days the variety of food and quality was much better
In 2019, it was a bit better : i remember there were independent stalls with crepes in the Village, and others.
Old 2 Jun 2022, 08:50 (Ref:4112515)   #290
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Hope you arrived safe Andrew, see you next week
Old 2 Jun 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4112517)   #291
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't recall which thread mentioned Autosport, but there's no Le Mans info n this week's edition
Old 2 Jun 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4112521)   #292
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It has been confirmed that radio le mans will be on 91.2 again this year
Old 2 Jun 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4112574)   #293
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Sooo, looking fwd to seeing this after what feels like far too long. Longest gap at the race since I last pulled a 'sickie', can't believe this time next week I will be watching the cars on track.
Old 2 Jun 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4112579)   #294
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I got my XJS back last night, took it out for a run today and this afternoon loaded the camping gear. So ready to go.
Old 2 Jun 2022, 19:29 (Ref:4112581)   #295
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Don't recall which thread mentioned Autosport, but there's no Le Mans info n this week's edition
Hmmm, that's strange, the supplement should be this week, surely?
Old 2 Jun 2022, 19:53 (Ref:4112587)   #296
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So Andrew have you arrived in le mans?
Old 2 Jun 2022, 20:28 (Ref:4112593)   #297
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep. We're in our Le Mans home. Arrived about 6 pm after queuing for an hour and twenty minutes to get through border control at Caen...
Old 3 Jun 2022, 02:56 (Ref:4112612)   #298
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I got my XJS back last night, took it out for a run today and this afternoon loaded the camping gear. So ready to go.
Brilliant.

Have a great trip
Old 3 Jun 2022, 05:45 (Ref:4112615)   #299
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Well i hope to see the old jag at the CBW on friday look out for our posh jag, a daimler SV8 while you are there.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 07:13 (Ref:4112618)   #300
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the campsites really open from this morning? If so, might consider trying to go for the whole week next year if the arrangements stay the same.