Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4134628)   #276
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They have spent quite a lot on the new shower and toilet block at TR so think the campsite will be safe, but you never know with the ACO. Had an email from the tourist office today with a very thinly disguised pock at the ACO over the availability of information on tickets this year.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 15:13 (Ref:4134629)   #277
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had to keep pressing ACO support for more information - with just 6 days to go....
Old 23 Nov 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4134633)   #278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

Vehicle access by bridge over dual carriageway, is spectator access from Rouge parking (now Panorama) that way too?
Always used to be access that way....
Old 23 Nov 2022, 15:41 (Ref:4134634)   #279
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've had to keep pressing ACO support for more information - with just 6 days to go....
Have you had any luck? i was getting worried as if the full week tickets run out before i had got camping it would have been a problem. How ever i strongly suspect those "only 15000 tickets left" are lifted from the usual sale tactic used by companies hoping to increase early sales and are perhaps not correct.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 23:11 (Ref:4134667)   #280
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not sure about that Simon as I've only really been pressing them on the parking issue.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 05:43 (Ref:4134688)   #281
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not sure about that Simon as I've only really been pressing them on the parking issue.
In which case, maybe you'd be kind enough to share with us what you've been told regarding parking by your contact?
Old 24 Nov 2022, 06:08 (Ref:4134690)   #282
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The local rag (Ouest France) is reporting a potential schedule change to 'la parade des pilotes', suggesting it may be brought forward to the Friday lunchtime in order to accommodate other events, with rumours of a BIG concert on the Friday evening. Are The Flying Baguettes reforming and making a comeback...?
Old 24 Nov 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4134696)   #283
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Any ideas about who else could be possibly performing? Apart from the Flying Baguettes
Old 24 Nov 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4134700)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
In which case, maybe you'd be kind enough to share with us what you've been told regarding parking by your contact?
Very little. Hélène has gone quiet, but when I pressed him Gibril did tell me that Parking Blanc tickets will be available, although I wasn't sure if that was 100% genuine or if he just wanted to get me off his back.... Frankly, I don't think we're going to know if we'll be in our usual place until we get into the ticket office website on the 29th.....
Old 24 Nov 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4134701)   #285
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Any ideas about who else could be possibly performing? Apart from the Flying Baguettes
Almost certainly some French DJ that none of us have heard of.....
Old 24 Nov 2022, 09:49 (Ref:4134709)   #286
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Very little. Hélène has gone quiet, but when I pressed him Gibril did tell me that Parking Blanc tickets will be available, although I wasn't sure if that was 100% genuine or if he just wanted to get me off his back.... Frankly, I don't think we're going to know if we'll be in our usual place until we get into the ticket office website on the 29th.....
i think she has gone quiet as she left the ACO last year.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4134713)   #287
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New concert area is in an odd place.

Hoping for some great ex drivers and cars on track/ main straight. Plus some full laps with 60s to Group C plus some more recent winners at dusk (so need quite a few current drivers back from parade). Plus a few fireworks.

Would also need to finish public track walk etc by 3pmish
Old 24 Nov 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4134715)   #288
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think she has gone quiet as she left the ACO last year.
Don't think so.... I had an email from her last month......
Old 24 Nov 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4134716)   #289
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thank you very much for that. I suspect you're right, nothing will be completely certain until the 29th, but I'm relieved to know that Parking Blanc will still exist in 2023! Knowing that alone is very useful, so I'm most grateful for your detective work!
Old 24 Nov 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4134718)   #290
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Don't think so.... I had an email from her last month......
When ever i sent something to her i got a reply from someone called Simon, well i presumme they are not just taking the micky.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4134720)   #291
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
When ever i sent something to her i got a reply from someone called Simon, well i presumme they are not just taking the micky.
No, I think Mickey is long gone.....
Old 24 Nov 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4134721)   #292
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Thank you very much for that. I suspect you're right, nothing will be completely certain until the 29th, but I'm relieved to know that Parking Blanc will still exist in 2023! Knowing that alone is very useful, so I'm most grateful for your detective work!
Yeah, me too. Old habits die hard (as you know....). I was expecting to have to go for Rouge or Expo.... TBH, after the shambles getting out and away from Blanc on Saturday evening this year, that might not be a bad thing....
Old 24 Nov 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4134734)   #293
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Opening ceremony 2 til 10 on timetable for Friday
Old 24 Nov 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4134738)   #294
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The local rag (Ouest France) is reporting a potential schedule change to 'la parade des pilotes', suggesting it may be brought forward to the Friday lunchtime in order to accommodate other events, with rumours of a BIG concert on the Friday evening. Are The Flying Baguettes reforming and making a comeback...?
Hmmmm, maybe Eric can share the rumour he told me last June with all ?of us.....
Old 24 Nov 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4134739)   #295
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No wonder they haven’t had time to sort the camping and parking tickets if they’re having to come up with enough ideas to fill 8 hours of opening ceremonies
Old 24 Nov 2022, 16:46 (Ref:4134744)   #296
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They could do what they did many years ago when the starship opened, big fire work display large numbers of which headed straight for the grandstands opposite the pits, mass panic but luckily no serious injuries.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4134745)   #297
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Hmmmm, maybe Eric can share the rumour he told me last June with all ?of us.....
That sounds VERY intriguing Nobby...!!!

Eric?????
Old 24 Nov 2022, 19:15 (Ref:4134750)   #298
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are we sure camping and parking go on sale 29th? Usually ACO sends many reminders by mail about ticketing opening. Until now I have not seen any.
What time is it opening?
Old 24 Nov 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4134751)   #299
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Are we sure camping and parking go on sale 29th? Usually ACO sends many reminders by mail about ticketing opening. Until now I have not seen any.
What time is it opening?
It’d better, I’ve booked the day off work
Old 24 Nov 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4134753)   #300
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
It’d better, I’ve booked the day off work
Same here, but zero communication from ACO.