Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jun 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4160663)   #1351
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
At last found this, sorry for the delay:
Are there shuttles to get around inside the 24 Hours of Le Mans circuit?

A shuttle network is available free of charge for ticket holders.

The shuttles will operate starting on Wednesday 7 June between the North Gate and Mulsanne and Arnage Corners.
They are in service every day from 09:00 to 00:30 and non-stop on Saturday 10 to Sunday 11 June.

Be safe, have fun!
Old 8 Jun 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4160665)   #1352
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Random highlight of yesterday was the ACO being so confused about the promotional taster event in La Chapelle that they’d set up that they ended up giving me and Ben free wristbands for the whole week!
Old 8 Jun 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4160669)   #1353
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Lucky you both! Sometimes confusion pays… avec modération. Cheers!
Old 8 Jun 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4160697)   #1354
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Where are you in Bsj? We are there somewhere in a big grey van
Just seen this. There are a lot of big grey vans! I'm currently at TR waiting for practice to start. Will be back at base camp later. If you happen to spot a black Focus ST with Mallettracing in the rear door windows, I'll be there. Ignore the assaulted rear upper.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 12:42 (Ref:4160698)   #1355
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
My god. This place is amazing. Words do not do it justice.

On a more reasonable note, how much moving around is 'normal?'Is it feasible to get from Ford chicanes to say, Arnarge easily?
From Ford Chucane Cross under the circuit and take the foot tunnel to what they are calling the Paddock. Get the number 10 "train" to Port Est. From there exit the circuit and catch bus No. 6 to Port Sud(?). Then get Bus No.7 to Porsche Curves. Not sure which number takes you from Porsche Curves to Arnage but it does run from there.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4160700)   #1356
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All set up at our camp at karting sud. Super easy to check in.
Tis a bit warmer than we’d prefer but pretty nice.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4160745)   #1357
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's so hot
Old 9 Jun 2023, 03:34 (Ref:4160938)   #1358
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep hydrated everyone. Stay safe.

And have a great time
Old 9 Jun 2023, 06:44 (Ref:4160944)   #1359
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Rather embarrassing, yesterday I advised a couple of American blokes to go to Porte 6 and get the train from there to the paddock, they were meeting friends in the fan zone up the hill. Little did I know that the ACO has re named the karting area, the paddock so you can't get to the bottom of the hill anymore. The train now takes you away from the main paddock and dumps you at the Support Race Paddock.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4160974)   #1360
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Rather embarrassing, yesterday I advised a couple of American blokes to go to Porte 6 and get the train from there to the paddock, they were meeting friends in the fan zone up the hill. Little did I know that the ACO has re named the karting area, the paddock so you can't get to the bottom of the hill anymore. The train now takes you away from the main paddock and dumps you at the Support Race Paddock.
I'm not surprised, I haven't been to the 24 for a number of years but every time I went something had changed often quite dramatically affecting access to various parts of the circuit! Have fun
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4161008)   #1361
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Traffic has been 'fun' out to Arnage and Mulsanne Corner these last two nights. Last night the road was closed by the gendarmes coming out of Arnage - we assumed for an incident or accident - which left us with a big detour. Luckily I had an expert navigator on board! The watchword if you're travelling out there is - be good and do as you're told - old routes that you've used for years will give you nothing but grief! As we're expecting even worse traffic over the weekend, we won't even be trying to do Arnage or Mulsanne during the race....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Jun 2023 at 12:32.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 14:18 (Ref:4161040)   #1362
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Traffic has been 'fun' out to Arnage and Mulsanne Corner these last two nights. Last night the road was closed by the gendarmes coming out of Arnage - we assumed for an incident or accident - which left us with a big detour. Luckily I had an expert navigator on board! The watchword if you're travelling out there is - be good and do as you're told - old routes that you've used for years will give you nothing but grief! As we're expecting even worse traffic over the weekend, we won't even be trying to do Arnage or Mulsanne during the race....
I take the detour twice and it's OK. I followed "violet" signs and they lead to Arnage corner via Moncé-en-Belin.
At the stop : left to Arnage or ahead to Mulsanne (once you entered Mulsanne, always take to the left till beyond the stadium and sport installations).
Old 9 Jun 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4161056)   #1363
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And here is the rain! I hope everyone closed their convertibles! And tents!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 04:51 (Ref:4161160)   #1364
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mind your language!!!!

It started just as we walked up the steps into the grandstand....

I enjoyed seeing the cars last evening. The Mazda was great for many reasons and the Matra was a sensory joy!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 05:08 (Ref:4161162)   #1365
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now you know how a Matra sounds. We called them the Hunaudières mermaids. They sing.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 05:32 (Ref:4161166)   #1366
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fabulous noise. I was thinking what it must have been like to have those circulating for 24 hours and how to deal with the hearing loss afterwards!
Old 10 Jun 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4161181)   #1367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Noise? Song! Jean Pierre Jaussaud, aka Papy, who help me a lot during Q, admitted he loved to hear the orchestra for 12 raging cylinders behind him. A good place to listen to them at night, was from Garage Vert. Mind you that, happy days, its was lasting for long in the Hunaudières (yes, Mulsanne straight) before the chicanes era. We're lucky to listen to them again, because the contract with the new owners is rather strict, given the military origins of the brand.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4163258)   #1368
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I see the ACO are reporting an attendance of 325,000. I can believe it, it was rammed.....
Old 12 Jun 2023, 05:31 (Ref:4163285)   #1369
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Certainly on Saturday. Yesterday was quite pleasant.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 12:38 (Ref:4163330)   #1370
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Made it home... somehow. Utterly exhausted, it's been a heck of a week.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4163351)   #1371
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep it was rammed on saturday, the area outside our campsite was solid at the start and even then some vans were trying to drive past but people could not move. Strangely at the end of the race there were less people than last year watching the end from there and we had little problem leaving in the car directly after the race.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 14:57 (Ref:4163355)   #1372
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I see the ACO are reporting an attendance of 325,000. I can believe it, it was rammed.....
It felt like too many people at the start. Especially with the heat. I will be interested to see where they cap ticket sales if next year also sells out. Which it may well do.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4163360)   #1373
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It felt like too many people at the start. Especially with the heat. I will be interested to see where they cap ticket sales if next year also sells out. Which it may well do.
Well with Renault. BMW, honda and lambo joining the top class i think there will be even more demand for tickets than this year
Old 12 Jun 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4163394)   #1374
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well with Renault. BMW, honda and lambo joining the top class i think there will be even more demand for tickets than this year
You will only be allowed a ticket if you also have a GT3 car
Old 12 Jun 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4163421)   #1375
Mike E
Veteran

Which car parks, campsites and trackside viewing spots will be sacrificed for more corporate hospitality?
Closed Thread