Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4163427)   #1376
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAHz4Q Thoughts of the weekend to follow - but for now here's a quick album of Saturday / Sunday. Travelled extra lite - so basic DSLR and kits lenses only - rather pleased with some of the images.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 08:08 (Ref:4163489)   #1377
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Made it home in one piece after a marathon Le Mans to Leeds triple stint.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 11:33 (Ref:4163499)   #1378
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done, on the subject of travel I'll put something in the FAQs.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4163514)   #1379
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of the nice things about this event is strolling through the paddock area behind the pits for some celebrity spotting.

On two aimless wanders I saw:
Kevin Estre
Laurens Vanthoor
Richard Westbrook
Alex Lynn
Fred Vasseur
Wolfgang Ulrich
Allan McNish
Benoit Treluyer
Hindy interviewing someone at Aston Martin
Malcolm Wilson
Matt Wilson
Larry Holt

Who did you spot?
Old 13 Jun 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4163520)   #1380
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Who did you spot?
I got to meet Ricky Taylor... albeit that was after his prang at the top of the Mulsanne when I went to see if he was OK. He was very open about the fact that he'd made a mistake, which was pretty refreshing to hear.

Given he'd just binned an LMP2 at high speed, he was calm, polite, and very thankful to us all for looking after him. Seemed like an affable sort of chap
Old 13 Jun 2023, 13:58 (Ref:4163530)   #1381
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just going through my pictures and this one is for Greem, and of course all the marshalls.
Attached Thumbnails
Le Mans100-002.jpg  
Old 13 Jun 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4163534)   #1382
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just going through my pictures and this one is for Greem, and of course all the marshalls.
Got anymore pictures to show? Anyway great shot, really shows what the drivers and marshalls have to get to grips with at night.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4163547)   #1383
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sheesh, gimme a break! There's about 400, I'm cullimg them down at the moment.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4163564)   #1384
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sheesh, gimme a break! There's about 400, I'm cullimg them down at the moment.
Come on Peter, shake a leg, the next one will be upon us in just 367 days!
Old 13 Jun 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4163569)   #1385
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
First part posted in the race thread.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4163579)   #1386
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had the ACO survey email, took ages to fill it all in
Old 13 Jun 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4163581)   #1387
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I did it too.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 06:11 (Ref:4163622)   #1388
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Who did you spot?
In the village - Jim Glick, (I think) Wolfgang Ullrich, and later in the week I'm pretty sure Fred Vasseur just casually walked past me

Paddock - Antonio Felix da Costa, Ferdinand Habsburg, Hindy talking to Leigh Diffey, Graham Goodwin and Martin Haven, Jerome Policand after one of the RTLM races, Mark Webber, Sebastien Bourdais, Ben Keating, and pre-gridwalk Marshall Pruett and Robert Kubica

On the grid - managed to get pictures with JEV, Andre Lotterer and Doriane Pin

And honorable mention to running into Richard Craill on the spectator banking near the S/F line at 7:30 am on Sunday and having a short chat.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 06:25 (Ref:4163623)   #1389
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had the ACO survey email, took ages to fill it all in
Likewise - interesting to see a question on length of safety cars ...

That subject is also the subject of a somewhat critical editorial in Motorsport News this week. I "know" there is no simple answer to safety cars - but this, for these spectators the track at least, was not the answer ...
Old 15 Jun 2023, 14:55 (Ref:4163879)   #1390
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As we established many on here did not know what a LeBron James was.

Anyone know who Dua Lipa is? https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctbi8A5s...M3MzIxNA%3D%3D

One of the biggest popstars in the world attended the race - I wonder if even the ACO were aware?
Old 15 Jun 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4163880)   #1391
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually I do know of her. She's a Kosovan Albanian and is quite famous in the UK and her own country.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4163885)   #1392
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did Levitating and shot one video by the old Sheppey Bridge (bridge Frank Spencer? got stuck on)
Old 16 Jun 2023, 08:21 (Ref:4163963)   #1393
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
As we established many on here did not know what a LeBron James was.
I liked this response here:

https://twitter.com/MarcusSimmons54/...C-xZ26pKQuAAAA
Old 16 Jun 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4163973)   #1394
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think this world is really cruel. At least he spoke few words of French. Dont even think about a French speaking a foreign language (or writing it!!!).
https://www.essentiallysports.com/nb...ed-on-twitter/

The weirdest thing in this story is that many enthousiasts love the hair rising phrase "Gentlemen…… start your engines!" while the french version sounds a lot less exotic!
Old 16 Jun 2023, 10:06 (Ref:4163977)   #1395
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Fair play to him. Why do people feel the need to pile on just because someone makes and effort? FWIW I always try to order food etc. in French (doesn't go down well at my local pub though) and then find it frustrating when French people respond to my requests in English!
Old 16 Jun 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4163985)   #1396
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair play to him I accept. What I don't understand is why a basketball player (no matter how famous) gets chosen to flag off the Centenary 24 Hours....
Old 16 Jun 2023, 12:13 (Ref:4163988)   #1397
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Someone mentioned that he is sponsored by GM and that was the connection. Personally Jackie Icks or Richard Attwood would have been more appropriate.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4164010)   #1398
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fair play to him I accept. What I don't understand is why a basketball player (no matter how famous) gets chosen to flag off the Centenary 24 Hours....
I think it's heavily influenced by F1 and their current trajectory.

I could list many more social accounts but here's a couple who picked it up:
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...92159996903430
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1667544343123460096
https://twitter.com/YahooSports/stat...44077263417346

Accounts/outlets who probably don't mention Le Mans without him being there are mentioning Le Mans. Simple as that really. I think the ACO respected the event's history enough throughout the week. Wheeling Jacky out again isn't going to move the needle really.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4164014)   #1399
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The ACO's needle is immaterial to me. I'd have taken Ickx over an irrelevant basketball player.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4164016)   #1400
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The ACO's needle is immaterial to me. I'd have taken Ickx over an irrelevant basketball player.
Y'know, I knew I'd misspelled his name.
Closed Thread