Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Mar 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4148845)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
How about sending the WEC to Barber in Alabama?
Dear God, the crying and whining after a race at that place would be popcorn worthy. Not great viewing, terrible access and do NOT drop a wheel off the track. You will get billed for the repairs to the grass
Old 22 Mar 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4148860)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I would love to see Donington instead of Silverstone.
I'd happily take either.....
Old 22 Mar 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4148861)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd happily take either.....
Yes!

Donington is great, but I think that Silverstone is better for these cars. Let’s them stretch their legs a little more.
Old 22 Mar 2023, 22:50 (Ref:4148864)   #29
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Dear God, the crying and whining after a race at that place would be popcorn worthy. Not great viewing, terrible access and do NOT drop a wheel off the track. You will get billed for the repairs to the grass
Agree Totally! It is far too narrow for multi-class racing.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 01:35 (Ref:4148873)   #30
Bill38
Rookie

Bill38 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
WEC 2024

6 Porsche 963 (this is the porsche objetive 8 car customer)
2 Ferrari
2 Toyota
3 Peugeot (Pescarolo)
1 Cadillac
1 Glikenhaus
1 Vanwall
2 WRT BMW
2 Alpine
1 Lambo
1 Isotta Franchini
1 De Tomaso P72 V12? (This is the car that I look forward to with a lot of passion)
1 Andreti Acura/Honda ?

IMSA 2024

6 Porsche
2 or 3? Cadillacs
2 Acura
2 BMW
1 Lambo
1 Risi Ferrari?

what Am I forgetting something or are these the programs?
Does anyone know the status of the Lamborghini development? I haven't seen anything for a long time. Is the Risi Ferrari a wish or is there some info that it may happen.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 02:27 (Ref:4148876)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lamborghini has made promises and believe they chose Ligier so they have it to themselves. Nothing public I've seen other than the motor I think.

Risi is the usual "we would love to run a car (if someone buys us one and pays us to race it) in the future" and the eternal IMSA optimism that Risi is back.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4148897)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes!

Donington is great, but I think that Silverstone is better for these cars. Let’s them stretch their legs a little more.
I'd go for Silverstone as it's much closer to me and I know it a lot better. I confess I've only ever been to Donington twice....
Old 23 Mar 2023, 13:36 (Ref:4148918)   #33
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
latest rumor is that the ACO is considering a British Le Mans Series during the summer with a similar set up to their Asian LMS: 2 races at each track on back to back weekends. Should keep everybody happy!
Old 23 Mar 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4148933)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Gotta have someplace to race those LMP2s they're kicking out of the traveling series right?
Old 23 Mar 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4148945)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Imagine 2 or 3 of them snaking down through the crater curves!
Old 23 Mar 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4148946)   #36
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
latest rumor is that the ACO is considering a British Le Mans Series during the summer with a similar set up to their Asian LMS: 2 races at each track on back to back weekends. Should keep everybody happy!
This seems like wishful thinking lol.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4148947)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I know the road conditions get a bit poor in the UK sometimes with potholes everywhere - but crater curves - that would be a sight to behold!!

Last edited by crmalcolm; 23 Mar 2023 at 19:11.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4148950)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think I'm the only one who's not a huge fan of the double-header. It does somehow seem to be less than the sum of its parts: it's bizarre having a race on a week day for the WEC, and it's meant I've missed the start of the first race of the season whenever it's been held there because I've been at work.

Then the 12 hours comes and I kind of feel like I'm already fatiguing a little bit from watching the WEC the day before.

I'm sure it's an incredible event to go to if you're there, but if we're doing double-headers, I'd rather it was at a new event with a Saturday/Sunday format.

As for Middle Eastern rounds, I see them as a necessary evil. The unforgivable aspect is the lack of a UK round.
Not much wrong with Friday but they should start later, for example at 19.00h CET. Race becomes shorter but I prefer that over missing start of the race.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4148955)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I was thinking a similar thing about Le Mans. Starting early in the morning is fine, but it’d be good for it to last longer on Sunday morning. So I think it should start 1pm ET.

Old 24 Mar 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4149010)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
And splashing through the Sea of Tranquility!
Old 24 Mar 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4149049)   #41
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...or at least, Donnington or Brands Hatch for ELMS, Silverstone for WEC.

There, problem solved.
Old 24 Mar 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4149060)   #42
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
...or at least, Donnington or Brands Hatch for ELMS, Silverstone for WEC.

There, problem solved.

Back to the old days. 1980s we had Silverstone in April, Le Mans in June and Brands Hatch in September, group C racing. Happy days

Sean
Old 25 Mar 2023, 06:10 (Ref:4149099)   #43
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It is absolutely incredible for people who are there. There are a lot of people who are there. Proper commitment from them too.

This volume could well be the same magnitude as those who watch online or on telly. So it should be considered in that light.

Not keen on shorter races either. The people are there because these are proper races.
Yes I have friends who go, and say it is brilliant.
The sad thing is I am planning to go to Sebring in 2024 and was hoping to be able to see the double header...
Old 25 Mar 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4149105)   #44
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2 sets of proper pits at Silverstone and with proper pit lane entrances.

4 hour race like last one there too short. Some safety car drivers do more than that!
Old 25 Mar 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4149107)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I really miss the Silverstone WEC race. It was always something to look forward to, either in preparation for Le Mans or afterwards, depending on the calendar. I know there are plenty of Silverstone haters, but on a good day it was great to walk around and spectate from all around the track. Plus we always made it a full weekend with a couple of nights at the local Travelodge with two evenings of curry..... Good times.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 12:52 (Ref:4149114)   #46
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I really miss the Silverstone WEC race. It was always something to look forward to, either in preparation for Le Mans or afterwards, depending on the calendar. I know there are plenty of Silverstone haters, but on a good day it was great to walk around and spectate from all around the track. Plus we always made it a full weekend with a couple of nights at the local Travelodge with two evenings of curry..... Good times.

Agreed. We used to do something similar. Stayed at Travelodge Towcester Silverstone and go into Towcester in evenings. Was good to walk around the circuit. The long walk to the wing paddock or bus was a pain though.

Hopefully we see them back at Silverstone in 2024. But I am not so sure they only seem interested in F1 and MotoGP as others have said in different threads / posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4149138)   #47
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All you have to do is let them see the names of the manufacturers that not only will be running, but those that are coming by'26, and Silverstone's management will be hard pressed to find a reason not to sign up. Let them see the numbers of fans and general public that show up not only at Le Mans, but Spa and Monza, and just watch a deal get done.

The way this is going, you have two choices on this,... Get on the bandwagon or get left behind. And who wants to be explaining that to the press, the public, or the boards of directors...
Old 25 Mar 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4149142)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
By 2026 manufacturers are pulling out.

I’m not sure it is solely down to Silverstone not wanting a race. There are other places to go for the series unfortunately.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4149152)   #49
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think from what I understand with Silverstone, they want to much money.

Believe same reason GT World Challenge stopped going there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4149154)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Probably so. Certainly costs a lot more than Qatar!