Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you award it?
10 1 2.86%
9 2 5.71%
8 7 20.00%
7 9 25.71%
6 2 5.71%
5 4 11.43%
4 3 8.57%
3 2 5.71%
2 1 2.86%
1 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 May 2023, 07:25 (Ref:4158259)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2023

What score do you award it?
Old 28 May 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4158304)   #2
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Not on regular TV, all legal streams geoblocked, all illegal streams stopped 10 seconds before race start.

That does not deserve anything higher than 1.
Old 28 May 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4158316)   #3
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same for me.
I was watching in RTBF Auvio stream, that is legal and I have account.
That is the only way I can watch F1, it is not on TV any where.

But it stopped after lap 1, the moment Perez and Zhou pitted. And it did not restart, just freezing image on that moment of the pitstops.
Rewind and it stops again there and freeze.

Maybe I can watch a replay later, I think they have that.

But then I will have to wait a long time and already know who won. That is so disappointing!

I will wait for giving score until I know I can watch replay or not.
But right now, not happy about this, so score will be lower in any way!
Old 28 May 2023, 14:31 (Ref:4158317)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently, the local Atlanta ABC affiliate decided local news trumped this broadcast. You'd think F1's biggest race would be more widely available.
Old 28 May 2023, 15:00 (Ref:4158326)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm giving it a rare 10. I really enjoyed that!
Old 28 May 2023, 15:05 (Ref:4158329)   #6
rika
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm giving it a rare 10. I really enjoyed that!

Ow. If it was that good, hope I can really find replay on RTBF Auvio soon.
And hope that works and not stop after 1 lap like live stream today!
Old 28 May 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4158334)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post

Not on regular TV, all legal streams geoblocked, all illegal streams stopped 10 seconds before race start.

That does not deserve anything higher than 1.
I know it sucks, but if you ever want a demonstration of how rigorously enforced international broadcasting rights are, you got one.
Old 28 May 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4158337)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it hadn't been for the rain that would have been a dull race. It certainly spiced things up. 4, 2 for it being Monaco and 2 for the rain.
Old 28 May 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4158341)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quali was a 10 for sure but also thought the race was overly processional with the drama only coming with the rain. pretty amazing there was no SC. Credit to the drivers for keeping it predominantly clean and the officials for letting them race.

Old 28 May 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4158479)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
if it had not been for the rain it would have been 1 but rain made it interesting so gave it 3
Old 28 May 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4158551)   #11
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave a 5 for the ten laps after it started spotting and then raining. The other 68 laps = 0
Old 29 May 2023, 00:14 (Ref:4158650)   #12
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I really enjoyed it
Max gave a masterclass, but Alonso kept it interesting til that tyre stop.
Lots of midfield action and some daring passes.

While I feel for the people complaining that it wasnt available where they lived, you cant really abuse anyone person or company for protecting their property from illegal access. In the end bypassing geoblocks or using illegal streaming is... illegal. and you got to expect the owners will try and stop you.

I am surprised there was no "pay to view" option in your region.
Old 29 May 2023, 04:56 (Ref:4158674)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very enjoyable. Gave it an 8.
Old 29 May 2023, 05:09 (Ref:4158677)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3 for the race overall.
-1 for the venue
-1 for needing rain to generate any interest
Old 29 May 2023, 06:14 (Ref:4158682)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. Pretty typical Monaco. Extra 1 point to 5 for the hope that the rain brought, but all in all a bit of a let down after the excitement of qualifying.
Old 29 May 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4158722)   #16
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 7, almost an 8.
Mostly for the qualifying and the wet portion of the race. For a street circuit Monaco is as good as it gets for me. Also none of the dreaded safety car.
The sight of F1 cars almost at a standstill at the hairpin on lap 1 was ludicrous These cars are just too big now. Perhaps the specifications should be changed to encourage smaller cars by allowing cars with shorter wheelbases/length and narrower track to run at a lower weight.
Old 29 May 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4158730)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't add in qualifying otherwise it would have got at least one more point.
Old 29 May 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4158768)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9 for equally and 7 for the race. So that makes 8. Even without the rain, the race was better than the usual Monaco borefest., but obviously the rain spiced it up enormously. Despite the escape roads getting a bit busy at times, the drivers did well to avoid any serious contact with the barriers.
Old 30 May 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4158822)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I do enjoy Monaco and the drivers showed how hard it was (by sliding around) and how skilled they are (by flirting with the barriers, but mostly not ending up wrecking things).

It was so nice to forget about DRS for weekend too.
Old 30 May 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4158855)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It was so nice to forget about DRS for weekend too.
Ah yes, that much is very true.
Old 30 May 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4158862)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Qualy was great, of course, the race OK with flashes of great, so I gave it 7. Interesting that those giving low marks are so much more likely to comment than the large majority who gave it 7 or 8

I didn't think there was any DRS but I was sure I heard one driver interview where someone said he had DRS for an overtake - I remember being surprised at the time...
Old 31 May 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4159000)   #22
rika
Racer

I would give 5 but I take 1 point away because I could not watch it live.
The legal (!) stream I was watching froze whole time at same point even on different computer so not my fault.
So I could only watch late evening and after I already knew who had won.

I take point away for that!
Old 1 Jun 2023, 04:31 (Ref:4159053)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
My take is that how can this 'race' be awarded any kind high score when we had the drama and excitement offered by the Indy 500. Bit unfortunate they were held on the same day!
Old 1 Jun 2023, 06:45 (Ref:4159059)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I take your point, chunterer. I was also more thrilled by Indy, but I went into Monaco with a totally different approach. It's the DRS-dominated races I can't stand, but I know I'm sounding like a stuck record.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4159109)   #25
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
My take is that how can this 'race' be awarded any kind high score when we had the drama and excitement offered by the Indy 500. Bit unfortunate they were held on the same day!
I enjoyed the Monaco GP more this year. The Indy 500 was exciting but it is supposed to slowly build towards a thrilling climax and this year that climax was spoiled by crashes and red flags, which killed the flow of the race and the many restarts made it seem like a bit of a lottery. It was still a good race overall, but didn't beat the excitement of the wet conditions in Monaco. It was probably more entertaining than the first part of the race, which had a fascinating battle for third and some great overtakes further back in the pack. Admittedly, there wasn't any doubt about who would finish first and second, apart from when it rained, but that has been the case all season and at least this time another team was closer to Red Bull.