Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4158945)   #1
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The 'Banned' List

Can see ladders on the list - are paddling pools and hedge cutters still banned too?
Old 31 May 2023, 12:06 (Ref:4158947)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The bicycles one seems like a misprint, I can't see why they would be banned from the camping or parking - especially as other 2 wheeled vehicles (other than the dreadful pit/pocket/monkey bikes) are seemingly ok.
Old 31 May 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4158950)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Can see ladders on the list - are paddling pools and hedge cutters still banned too?
In the old days, talking about the eighties here, some people would take step ladders into the circuit and put them up on the terracing opposite the pits and use them to get a better view, i think that is were the ban comes from.
Old 31 May 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4158952)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It still happens, they have them slung under our grandstand..... But the obligatory Pescarolo flags have largely disappeared.
Old 31 May 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4158957)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i remember the swings set up under the grandstands, but not been there at the start now for about 20 years, do people still do that
Old 31 May 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4158958)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The step ladders were very dangerous they took up large aounts of space compared to two feet on the groung and when the crowd moved they often fell over with obvious results so i agree with that ban for sure
Old 31 May 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4158959)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah. Having stood on that terracing for many years, the people with ladders and scaffolding planks were a bloody nuisance. And yes, they do still tie their 'seats' up under the grandstand. They tend to be out of the way there so no-one really seems to mind.
Old 31 May 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4158963)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The bicycles one seems like a misprint, I can't see why they would be banned from the camping or parking - especially as other 2 wheeled vehicles (other than the dreadful pit/pocket/monkey bikes) are seemingly ok.
Update: I have seen on Facebook (so it must be true) that the ACO have confirmed that the Bicycles column is wrong, and as expected they are fine for use in campsites and parking - just not within the circuit.
Old 31 May 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4158965)   #9
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tell you what else should be banned - umbrellas. The most antisocial trackside extra available, after cigarettes.
Old 31 May 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4158967)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Update: I have seen on Facebook (so it must be true) that the ACO have confirmed that the Bicycles column is wrong, and as expected they are fine for use in campsites and parking - just not within the circuit.
That would cause a problem in our campsite as people use bikes to head out and get supplies rather than cars, so how do they get out of the cam,psite and back into the GE area
Old 31 May 2023, 13:27 (Ref:4158970)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But some panniers on it and carry it - then it's just a bag with wheels....
Old 31 May 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4158971)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Tell you what else should be banned - umbrellas. The most antisocial trackside extra available, after cigarettes.
For me it's the people who just gather and stand in the pedestrian areas. Like at the front end of the Raccordement grandstand where it narrows. They just stand there watching the chicane action and when it's crowded its almost impossible to get through.
Old 31 May 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4159008)   #13
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Banned list should include:

Standing and talking at the front of grandstands whilst ignoring both the track and people in their GS seats with a blocked view

Queuing across the full width of the thoroughfare behind the grandstands for beer or snacks

Blocking the last narrow single walkway in front of the grandstands in the two hours before the racestart.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4159094)   #14
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
The banned list could also include those able-bodied people who stand at Indianapolis on the "disabled" spectating area, thus blocking the view of those like me who are on mobility scooters.

However, perhaps - according to the ACO's official list - my motorised mobility scooter is banned anyway.......
Old 1 Jun 2023, 10:59 (Ref:4159098)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
The banned list could also include those able-bodied people who stand at Indianapolis on the "disabled" spectating area, thus blocking the view of those like me who are on mobility scooters.
Sam goes for the inside of Tertre Rouge. The trouble is, that little viewing area is perfect for the snappers.....
Old 1 Jun 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4159099)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The 'Banned' List

Following the publication of the ACO's what you can bring in and what you can't list, there has been quite a lot of discussion filling up the FAQ's thread so I'm moving it to it's own thread. Your chance to say what you think should be banned!

Here's the ACO's list -
Attached Thumbnails
prohibited.jpg  
Old 1 Jun 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4159106)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes that area on Tertre rouge is always filled with abled bodied people with massive camera's if they are asked to move they become quite agressive, but eventually move.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4159116)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've noticed it many times. I admit as well that I've stood there when it's been quiet but would have moved straight away if someone needed the spot.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4159155)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder how they can police the trotinettes specially electric ones, its a real scourge here. Not that it useless, it's not, just the way people use them. And in the mud…
Old 1 Jun 2023, 18:05 (Ref:4159164)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve seen lads jumping the wall near Knickerbrook on numerous occasions in order to get in at Oulton Park.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 22:47 (Ref:4159204)   #21
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fireworks banned? For real?

Interesting memories of fireworks on a virtual industrial scale (but limited quantities) on Sunday night, quite near to me in Beausejour (2007) trading displays with someone down near Tertre Rouge and another site down that way. The three of them rotated for an hour or so before bedtime! One day I'll be back ...
Old 1 Jun 2023, 23:05 (Ref:4159205)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As usual irresponsible people ruin it. And there are a lot of them. In that context I think this is a good idea.

Does this cover flares? The irresponsible and selfish people at the start that mean others can’t actually see the race. A really iconic emotional part too.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 00:11 (Ref:4159209)   #23
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are probably right Adam, but definitely right when it comes to flares!

I was buggered and wanted to sleep, but the reason I got up and watched was hearing the remnants raining on my flysheet and wondering if I should be worried about its flammability. Glad I did, because it was a nice ending to a memorable few days.

Another case of idiots spoiling things for everyone else.

(and the flysheet survived unscathed!)
Old 2 Jun 2023, 06:05 (Ref:4159216)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
or obvious reasons fireworks have been banned for many years, what goes up must come down and i have seen them hit cars, tents, even the track so totally agree with that ban.
I remember the opening of the new pits/starship enterprise over 30 years ago aco put on a firework display for everyone in the grandstands opposite. It looked great until something went wrong and fireworks started heading towrads us, luckily no one seriously injured. But ACO never did that again.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4159246)   #25
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
....But ACO never did that again.
I see they have a firework display lined up for this year. Bad luck to whoever is camping down wind from it.....