Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2002, 18:58 (Ref:309905)   #1
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan McNish: Right to the point.

Well...! I was delighted that ABC in the US used the Berniefeed to cover Canada, because otherwise we would not have been privy to poor McNish's response to spinning and being unable to engage a gear. Actually, he had an old Anglo-Saxon descriptive for said unobtainable gear, the root word of which I believe is something like fickke. Anyway, his frustration was our good fortune, because this moment of clarity stripped away some of the veneer of "niceness" (ugh) from the spectacle, in that it debunks the pretense that everyone is always completely restrained and modulated and family-values oriented (god, I loathe that term).

Come to think of it, JPM apparently gave a similar insight earlier in Sepang, but I did not hear the feed then.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 20:25 (Ref:309981)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Alan McNish: Right to the point.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bibendum

Come to think of it, JPM apparently gave a similar insight earlier in Sepang, but I did not hear the feed then.
you can now! http://www.f1onboard.com/ got to video archive, then maylasia (obviously) there are 2 clips of JPM, 1 where he's told by the williams crew of his penalty, (see my sig for response!!! hehehe) and the 2nd is of the actual drive through where JPM tells the team that he thinks it's BS!!!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 20:25 (Ref:309982)   #3
kwd
Racer

kwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry i missed that, just goes to show that racing and sex are invariably linked