Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Jul 2000, 20:25 (Ref:26518)   #1
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm listening to the practise session, & it raises a few questions for me. Fri 2nd practise, instead of running 2 sessions as normal,is being run as one 1 1/2 hour 'gang' practise. Also, while discussing how cramped the pit boxes are & the number of pit accidents lately it was brought out that Stallone is taking up 3 pit stalls! (Well, HE only takes up 2, but then you have the rest of the crew, cameras, etc)Is the size of the pits pre-set? I thought they were sized according to available space & the number of cars. No? All I can figure is this is set up to provide Stallone with footage for his movie. I know CART is banking on this movie boosting the profile of CART, but is this increasing the danger to the drivers & crews? Any thoughts?
Old 28 Jul 2000, 23:21 (Ref:26547)   #2
wallbanger
Rookie

wallbanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Toronto not only was the film crew working on pit road, but they were filming scenes in the paddock most of the weekend, as well. Toronto has a very large paddock area... but it's also one of the busiest. Personally, I found it unacceptable that Stallone's people were making it more difficult than ever to get around the paddock (I was working that weekend covering the race for a website).

At this point - especially after witnessing a bit of this production that will feature hacks like Stallone and Burt Reynolds - I see no reason to believe that it will benefit our beloved speed sport!
Old 28 Jul 2000, 23:38 (Ref:26555)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about Toronto - the paddock was a zoo even more than usual, and having movie stars (so called) swanning around just made it worse.

But of course there were people in the paddock who came only to see movie stars. And they paid admission, I guess.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 15:19 (Ref:26646)   #4
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this is why bernie told em to shove off.
theze bozos are making a CART-toon.
but really, look on the bright side. on a non racing weekend you can have a good laugh.

stallone: 'yo mario, wats up wit da sad face?

mikey: 'hey greaseball, my name's not mario. you wanna yo hands broke.?
Old 29 Jul 2000, 15:45 (Ref:26650)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stallone: "I'm sorry, I mistook you for a race car driver."

Sorry. I HAD TO SAY THAT!