Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 May 2004, 13:29 (Ref:961492)   #1
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group C race at Spa this weekend - what cars will attend?

The first group C race this season will be held this weekend in Spa. I have never seen these cars in real and just bought a new camera that needs to be thoroughly tested before Le Mans so I have two good reasons to jump in the car.

As I am not too familiar with the Tiga's, Spice's and Harriers, so I would like to bring an entry list. I tried to e-mail to the address displayed on the Group C website but unfortunately no response. Is someone able to share the entry list with me, point me to the right site or if both do not work out can guess which cars will be there?

By the way who else is going?

May 7-9, Friday to Sunday, Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
1 x 30 mins Practice with French Prototypes (Friday 10:00 - 10:30)
1 x 40 mins Qualifying (Friday 15:40 - 16:20)
1 x 40 mins Race 1 (Saturday 11:25 - 12:05)
1 x 40 mins Race 2 (Sunday 11:25 - 12:05)

RMU Classic Group C website
Old 5 May 2004, 15:47 (Ref:961618)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going!

I keep checking the entry too. The other races are up, for example: http://www.rmuclassic.be/2004/entry3.html I see the Gp C are track sweepers for us on the friday

The race was good last year. I can't wait.

There are a lot of Group Cs entered for the Le Mans support race, so hopefully they will all be tempted to use this as a warm up (is Spa a warm up? ).

If you are around then pop over to the paddock on the outside of Eau-Rouge, we should be hanging around.

I haven't decided where to watch them from yet...
Old 5 May 2004, 17:51 (Ref:961732)   #3
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent! I'll be there only on Saturday.

So if you will be there on Saturday too I would certainly like catch a coffee or something like that. What do you mean with the Paddock on the 'outside' of Eau Rouge?

There are so many great places to watch!
Old 5 May 2004, 18:05 (Ref:961753)   #4
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
can't wait to see your pics Sander
Old 5 May 2004, 18:11 (Ref:961767)   #5
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
can't wait to see your pics Sander
Me too! Just got my new toy - the EOS 10D is gone... just can't wait to see the results.
Old 5 May 2004, 21:23 (Ref:961970)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be a great opportunity to snap those Grp Cs.

Yes, I'm in the paddock on the outside of Eau Rouge. I don't know that area well, we were on the inside last time. For clrification see this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=52942

Come round. We practice late on Saturday, so pop over and I'll put the kettle on.
Old 5 May 2004, 21:33 (Ref:961980)   #7
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
It'll be a great opportunity to snap those Grp Cs.

Yes, I'm in the paddock on the outside of Eau Rouge. I don't know that area well, we were on the inside last time. For clrification see this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=52942

Come round. We practice late on Saturday, so pop over and I'll put the kettle on.
Great! It is indeed behind the grandstands just before Eau rouge on the outside -- it is not really part of the paddock right? That's the area where normally the model cars stands are.

I'll drop you a PM with my mobile number. Let me know what team can use some photo's

Two days before the event and still no list...
Old 5 May 2004, 21:42 (Ref:961994)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Two days before the event and still no list...
You'll probably get to know before me. Unless we find out while there! If NissanGTP pops in he might have an idea of a few.
Its not Grp C and only vaguely sportscars, but I hope Ayse and Fab forgive me. Look for something like this. There are some Grp C pics on there, but they are embarassing (wrong place, wrong camera).
Old 5 May 2004, 21:54 (Ref:962010)   #9
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
You'll probably get to know before me. Unless we find out while there! If NissanGTP pops in he might have an idea of a few.
Its not Grp C and only vaguely sportscars, but I hope Ayse and Fab forgive me. Look for something like this. There are some Grp C pics on there, but they are embarassing (wrong place, wrong camera).
Jeee that Jag is ehh... *pink*. At least it is easy to find the car to shoot pictures of...

This picture is taken from the paddock right?
Old 5 May 2004, 22:20 (Ref:962042)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I see your going for the XJR-14 look.

Stick a twin deck rear wing on the XJS and blow the field away

Looks fun.
Old 5 May 2004, 22:26 (Ref:962047)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2004 Entry List

Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, 7-9 May 2004
As sent to the event organisers 4 May 2004

Charlie Agg 27 Nissan R90CK Firm
Richard Bateman 37 Tiga Metro 6R4 Firm
Benton Bryan (USA) 11 Mustang GTP Probe Firm
Richard Bryan (USA) 58 Argo Chevrolet Firm
Neil Clark 23 Harrier Firm
Brian DeVries 64 Intrepid Firm
Jim Graham 10 Porsche 962 Firm
Nigel James 7 Porsche 962 Firm
Stephen Hepworth 28 Argo Chevrolet Firm
Ralf Kelleners 14 Porsche 962 Firm
Martyn Konig 33 Porsche 956 Firm
David Mercer 21 Spice SEC90 Firm
Jim Mullen (USA) 112 Spice Chevrolet 6.5L. Firm
Henry Pearman 3 Jaguar XJR 11 Firm
John Pearson 78 Ecosse C285 Firm
Chris Randall 88 Nissan Firm
Nick Randall Shared drive of Nissan Firm
Nick Rini 8 Jaguar XJR 12 Firm
Peter Schleifer 16 March Chevrolet Firm
Michael Schuster 51 Argo Judd JM 19 Firm
Stephan Schrauwen 17 Chevron B8 Firm
Ian Stinton 22 Harrier GT1 Firm
Justin Law ? Jaguar XJ220GT Firm
Paul Whight 18 AMR-1 Firm

From www.groupc-gtpracing.com

Last edited by JAG; 5 May 2004 at 22:26.
Old 9 May 2004, 13:54 (Ref:965259)   #12
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
The weather was really bad so some cars did not even came out to save their car for Le Mans...

I have placed roughly 40 images online!
Old 9 May 2004, 14:12 (Ref:965299)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Thanks beautiful photo's.
Do the cars need to have the original livery?
Old 9 May 2004, 14:21 (Ref:965325)   #14
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Thanks!

I do not think they need to have the original livery altough some did have the car in almost original state.

What a sound do some cars porduce!

Last edited by vandijk; 9 May 2004 at 14:22.
Old 9 May 2004, 15:11 (Ref:965443)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
to bad there is no Lancia . i think last year there was a Lancia

Ciao Marco
Old 9 May 2004, 21:19 (Ref:965913)   #16
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
to bad there is no Lancia . i think last year there was a Lancia
Yes, you are right -- but let's wait and see what car will attend the race in June!
Old 10 May 2004, 09:09 (Ref:966251)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
. lets hope for some Martini

Ciao Marco
Old 10 May 2004, 09:59 (Ref:966310)   #18
NissanGTP
Rookie

NissanGTP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both the Lancias will be gracing the grid at LeMans although AMR1 won't be after the big accident at Spa.
Old 10 May 2004, 10:53 (Ref:966351)   #19
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Big accident? What happened?
Old 10 May 2004, 11:11 (Ref:966370)   #20
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice pix Sander, under what looked like 'adverse circumstances'. How was the new camera?
It was good to see that Leyton House Porsche, an old favourite of mine, below is a shot of it I took on the grid in '87. The weather was pretty miserable then as well, lets hope it doesn't follow that car around.
The GpC race should be a highlight of the weekend, I'm reckoning on venturing out to Arnage to watch them, - usually a trip out of the village area on Saturaday morning is tempting fate..
H
Attached Thumbnails
lh962.jpg  
Old 10 May 2004, 11:29 (Ref:966388)   #21
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by bigh
Nice pix Sander, under what looked like 'adverse circumstances'. How was the new camera?
It was good to see that Leyton House Porsche, an old favourite of mine, below is a shot of it I took on the grid in '87. The weather was pretty miserable then as well, lets hope it doesn't follow that car around.
The GpC race should be a highlight of the weekend, I'm reckoning on venturing out to Arnage to watch them, - usually a trip out of the village area on Saturaday morning is tempting fate..
H
Thanks bigh! The new camera is awesome altough I was a bit disapointed by the rain and fog. A good excuse to visit another race before Le Mans ;-) -- still have the RfH team presentation on my list. I guess the guys will do a couple of laps here in Zandvoort.

I'm not sure were I will be Saturday morning. The Esses should be great with these cars!
Old 10 May 2004, 12:20 (Ref:966418)   #22
NissanGTP
Rookie

NissanGTP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Big accident? What happened?
AMR1 driver didn't see the slow moving XJR11 at the end of the top straight as there was so much spray and BANG. There must have been a 100mph speed differential!!

Luckily the Aston driver escaped with only a broken foot but the car is heavily damaged. The rear of the jag was pretty bad too but will probably be out for LeMans.

Charlie Agg hit the wall in his Nissan too as the Turbos arrived all at once at the start.
Old 10 May 2004, 16:29 (Ref:966652)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Just got back, it was great to see those cars again and good to meet you vandijk. I can't match your photos, but here are a couple.

Ralf Kelleners was excellent in the races. His pace was very impressive.

Attached Thumbnails
ralfspa.jpg  
Old 10 May 2004, 16:32 (Ref:966654)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
and here is the Jag before the crash.
Attached Thumbnails
xjr spa.jpg  
Old 10 May 2004, 16:56 (Ref:966676)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
and to set the scene

Attached Thumbnails
eaurouge.jpg