Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 May 2004, 13:54 (Ref:988202)   #1
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers team gear

Has anyone noticed that F1 teams are not really bothered in presenting the "team" image within their drivers racewear.

There have always been a few exceptions to drivers having "special" raceware, but most of the time it is not really visible (shumachers OMP race suit looks the same as the Ferrari Sabelts - for example)

The only time I remember seeing things that broke the team mold was sennas Nactional sponsor on his overalls.

Take a look at it today,

BAR button/Sato different colour race boots and race gloves

Ferrari Shumacher's OMP kit

Renault Alonso and truli wear alpine stars race boots/gloves (trulis white boots ?????) the team wear Puma.

Williams Montoyas alpinestar gloves and oakley boots, Ralphs Puma gloves and Nike boots

It doesn't really matter they they are not the same makes, but they look very different, it doesn't really look as professionals as teams used to look, and in times when sponsors are all important, it surprises me that teams allow this more now, than they used to.

The only one that presents the team image is Mclaren still, but they are a bit too extremem

Not really important just an interesting observation based on todays current climate
Old 30 May 2004, 14:20 (Ref:988228)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't let it get you down darcym.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:00 (Ref:988304)   #3
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely its all down to individual sponsorship and a drivers preference. he may find one companies style of boot/glove a lot more comfortable to wear. Next you'll be complaining about different shaped helmets!!
Old 30 May 2004, 19:55 (Ref:988573)   #4
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Different drivers just take their different sponsorship deals with them from team to team...again, like the tobacco sponsorship malarkey, I can't see what difference it makes, but it they get some free gear out of it...
Old 30 May 2004, 21:17 (Ref:988646)   #5
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not important.

Look at the Jaguar team - all their gear is the same, and it looks professional, slick, the same with Mclaren.

Ferrari the same, even though Shumachers gear is slightly different.

Look back to say 94/95/96 (just for example) this is how all the teams where, they looked like the same. The point I was making in todays super slick and professional attitude I found it unusual that the drivers are allowed such obvious sponsorship deals, or in the case of BAR they just use different coloured kit.

Its not important, nor do I care I thought it was interesting though how things have become more professional, yet the standards appear to have dropped.
Old 30 May 2004, 23:38 (Ref:988726)   #6
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didnt Williams at some point have one driver wearing a red suit and another in a blue suit? I beive Mansell was one but i cant remember the other.
Old 31 May 2004, 18:27 (Ref:989474)   #7
Homer Simpson
Rookie

Homer Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed that too; however, I can see how situations like that can happen...assume Sato came into the team with a previous sponsorship deal with a company that happens to be a competitor to his team's sponsor.
Old 31 May 2004, 19:40 (Ref:989534)   #8
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Williams this has happened several times. Rosberg wore yellow overalls 84 - 85 Laffite, I think had blue, Mansell had red (?) overalls in 85 - 86, when Piquet wore white.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 2 Jun 2004, 17:43 (Ref:991791)   #9
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
An example of this is Zsolt Baumgartner when he drove for jordan in Hungruy and Monza he had the C.I.B.Bank logo where the B&H Logo should have been. This is because, in order to get the drive he had to pay EJ a few euros and C.I.B. (Baumgartners Personal Sponsor) got coverage for paying for his drive. The same aplies to the Eden Rock logo that Ralph Firman wore when he was at Jordan. This is the case with many drivers and remember the TEAM sponsors sponsor the TEAM not the drivers that is why the Mechanics e.t.c. wear the same.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 17:52 (Ref:991799)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Darcym, I admire you. I have never such interest in what their wearing, what to say about the brands ! They always look similar to me.

At least if it was about girls...