Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Oct 2004, 22:47 (Ref:1128894)   #1
GT1
Racer

GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robinson R&S MKIIIC

I was always a fan of this car, the short time it ran. I know they were, like a lot of folks, got off guard by the DP announcment that effectivly killed the car's future, and was saddened when the car only ran a handful of races in Grand Am in 2002 and wasn't eligable to ACO regs because of the modifactions and the need for re crash testing.

Technically speaking, I'm asking everyone's opinion on if the changes to the R&S made it better, about the same, or perhaps were a step back slightly. Saddly it ran so little we never got a solid idea of what the car could do with some more developement and race experince. The mods were significant and in my view, made the MKIIIC look sooooo much better.

The changes, were they an improvment on the standard MKIIIC theme? I personally think they might have been. When I first saw the MKIIIC at Sebring 2001, I didn't like some of its features. When I saw the Robinson car, with its radiators replaced farther back, the nose completely redone, the rear bodywork reshaped, I thought THAT is what I felt was missing from the MKIIIC.

Any other opinions on the car technically or astechically?
Old 20 Oct 2004, 00:03 (Ref:1128948)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The Robinson R&S MkIIIC was not as quick as the Matthews R&S. The improvements made by Robinson may have improved the car from its introduction, but they weren't near as good as the factory changes.

The paint job on the car was very nice though.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 20 Oct 2004 at 00:03.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 01:04 (Ref:1128957)   #3
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
I personally liked the Robinson MkIIIC aesthetically. It had some interesting ideas. Did they work? Can't really tell as they didn't seem to do much running. While I can't speak for anyone at R&S in particular, I can say that they didn't recommend the changes (interestingly enough they had about the same to say about the Rafanelli modified R&S MkIIIA)...

Last edited by MulsanneMike; 20 Oct 2004 at 01:05.