Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 14 Sep 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3135768)   #1
Spacekadett
Rookie

Spacekadett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donegal Hillclimb Video Report

The final 2012 Report from the Connaught Competition Engines Irish Hillclimb and Sprint Championship from Donegal on the Knockalla Hillclimb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn-R_vYlux4
Old 14 Sep 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3135897)   #2
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very good report, well done to the producers. You know it's been over 20 years since I've been at a Hillclimb in Ireland... but looking at the age of the cars out in this - even in the contemporary classes - you could easily be mistaken for looking at something from 1987 rather than 2012.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3206671)   #3
paulwarrior
Rookie

Ireland
Rep of Ireland
paulwarrior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see a modern car try to keep up on those roads davy boy!

The older cars seem to be the only ones that can take the punishment without breaking all the time.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3206689)   #4
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwarrior View Post

The older cars seem to be the only ones that can take the punishment without breaking all the time.
I liver there in 1998/ 99 and I couldn't believe how rough the roads used for the hillclimbs were, I did several in a white Mini Marcos belonging to Helen & Matt ?? in 99 & several in John O Connell's Opel Manta in 97.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3206721)   #5
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwarrior View Post

Interesting, I would have figured that money, or rather the lack of it, was the reason for using the older kit.