Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:58 (Ref:666822)   #26
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for posting again, the picture is a Williams sponsored by Bin Ladens fathers construction company, still funny though! Does anybody know the year? Looks to be early 80's...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 07:03 (Ref:666825)   #27
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ya I know, another post! Thought i'd try to zoom in a bit....
Attached Thumbnails
untitled2134.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2003, 07:07 (Ref:666830)   #28
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by boom boom
How much sponsorship is Red bull giving to Sauber?
They should be a tittle sponsor alone or buy into Suaber if they want and then they can put in one of their American drivers in the car
No offense, but i think Canadian drivers are better than the Americans. Just look at CART...American based, but who's dominating?
Old 21 Jul 2003, 11:24 (Ref:666971)   #29
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Criminal Gates

Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
well aside from beers, why notcomputers? we have HP, after compaq- so where is microsoft? Bill Gates could do a team by himself.
Yeah big Bill, could easily do it with all his ill gotten gains. However, if the team ran like his Beta version software it would get no where - FAST!!!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 12:07 (Ref:667022)   #30
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JCB would look good on those nice yellow Jordans.

And let's face it, a yellow JCB holding up the traffic has been a common enough sight on the A43 of late...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 12:08 (Ref:667024)   #31
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, Microsoft would never work - they'd have to reinstall the engine at every pitstop...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 12:08 (Ref:667026)   #32
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
...and how many F1 cars do you see with windows?!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:03 (Ref:667231)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Could explain the Jaguar 'Lunch' control. Pizza boy keeps hitting CTRL-Alt-delete instead of CTRL-Alt-Go!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:05 (Ref:667236)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bcobbus
Ya I know, another post! Thought i'd try to zoom in a bit....
That's Jonesy! 1980 if I'm not mistaken. FW07B.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:09 (Ref:667243)   #35
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HP and Compaq are one and the same these days...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:15 (Ref:667249)   #36
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
General Electric, Northrop Grumman...VIRGIN!!!, Thai Airways, just imagine the colours!

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:15 (Ref:667250)   #37
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
True - HP bought Compaq a while back.

Dunno if IBM sponsor anybody, but one of the other IT big players, EDS, already sponsor Jaguar...

Last edited by garcon; 21 Jul 2003 at 15:16.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:22 (Ref:667256)   #38
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
No offense, but i think Canadian drivers are better than the Americans. Just look at CART...American based, but who's dominating?
A canadian, a Frenchman and a few Brazillians.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:34 (Ref:667269)   #39
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fishy, I was joking about WalMart....
And of course AOLTime Warner is in trouble. That's the whole point of this discussion, NO ONE has any money right now-certainly not enough to justify flushing it down an F1 team budget.

bcobbus, that's Alan Jones in a Williams FW7 in 1980.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:50 (Ref:667294)   #40
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
The future may well be that teams go with a wide selection of smaller sponsors who each cover (literally!) their own bit...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:16 (Ref:667327)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Fishy, I was joking about WalMart....
And of course AOLTime Warner is in trouble. That's the whole point of this discussion, NO ONE has any money right now-certainly not enough to justify flushing it down an F1 team budget.

bcobbus, that's Alan Jones in a Williams FW7 in 1980.
I said that!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:32 (Ref:667345)   #42
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oops. My bad.

Peter, you have to speak up, I'm going deaf in my old age.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:38 (Ref:667351)   #43
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's because the Americans, for the most part, all go oval racing. And the Player's progam, which is unfortunately gone...but we have a few good young guys coming up with the potential to make it to F1... it'll all come down to financing though...just like most of the other good drivers in the world.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:00 (Ref:667393)   #44
rodrigomarban
Racer

rodrigomarban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corona beer would look nice as a small sponsor for Jordan instead of wasting money with LavĂ*n in CART.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:19 (Ref:667408)   #45
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I quite agree with you, but I just said an american driver as Red Bull is doign that American Driver search for F1 they started last year
Old 21 Jul 2003, 20:26 (Ref:667604)   #46
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedo swimwear!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 20:30 (Ref:667608)   #47
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Red Bull F1 driver search is a complete joke, almost everyone they've brought up is being eaten alive in their respective lower levels. I think Red Bull will get out of it when they realise that none of the drivers they have signed will make it to F1.

Besides, the American drivers that do actually have a shot at making it to F1, got the hell out of there when they saw what a joke it was, and took opportunities back home. Specifically I'm referring to AJ Allmendinger and Ryan Hunter-Reay. I think those two are probably the best bets for the next Americans in F1.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Jul 2003, 22:14 (Ref:667721)   #48
Chui
Rookie

Chui should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heckler und Koch-Williams-BMW!!

Yes, to the oil companies, NO to the fastfood combines.

How about firearm manufacturers. I nominate Heckler & Koch followed by Glock and Steyr.

That would really raise some eyebrows in Europe!

Last edited by Chui; 21 Jul 2003 at 22:15.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." ~ John Steinbeck
Old 22 Jul 2003, 01:17 (Ref:667821)   #49
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Heckler und Koch-Williams-BMW!!

I totally agree with what you've said about the Red Bull program Jay....F1 needs an American engine powering one of the cars on the grid besides Ford ownned Jaguar to attract more sponsors from America.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 14:49 (Ref:668413)   #50
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Heckler und Koch-Williams-BMW!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chui
How about firearm manufacturers. I nominate Heckler & Koch followed by Glock and Steyr.

That would really raise some eyebrows in Europe!
I can imagine it: CZ backing for czech driver, or Sphinx sponsoring Sauber.

-Jamie Hyneman