Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:29 (Ref:815113)   #1
Jensen
Racer

Jensen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toca Team to Sponsor UK Marshalls

Good day all,

Must confess have never been on the Marshalls forum, my inquiry is this, in 2004 I will be working with our new team sponsor on some slightly different marketing idea's. One of which is the proposed sponsoring of UK Marshalls. The basic principal is that our team would pay / provide you with new Marshall race suits, boots, etc, these in turn would carry the Sponsor and our team logo along with the teams web-site address, this would also be complemented by a team cap.

All you would need to do is register with us. Is this something that would be of interest to you all ?

Regards.

Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:33 (Ref:815119)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Please tell us more!!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:34 (Ref:815120)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds great, more info please

Last edited by jase; 18 Dec 2003 at 13:35.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:37 (Ref:815121)   #4
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here here, more info needed!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:48 (Ref:815136)   #5
Jensen
Racer

The scheme would run in 2004, we would be looking to do this with up to 100 uk marshalls from all over the uk. As I said all you would need to do is register your details with us and then we would purchase the appropriate race suit etc, have the logos embroidered on and then forward them to you along with your team cap and possibly boots. The design has been done which features the team logo in the center at the back and the web-site address running down the left leg and right arm, the suit would also feature our principal sponsors logo on the chest pocket and shoulder turns. We are in talks soon with the people that be to attain there is no objection to this scheme and then we will be announcing it just after christmas. To view the logo check out our site at WWW.JENSENMOTORSPORT.CO.UK we can also be contacted there too. But please note do not fill our in box just yet, I will come on here and give you an email address to use to register when it starts.

Also all registered sponsored marshalls would be automatically registered on the teams supporters list = Monthly news letters, competitions, and vip race invitations as gusets of the team.

Why are we planning this scheme ?

1. Because it is a great way to spread our team name.

2. Beacause it is a great way to pread our sponsors name.

3. Because it advertises our web-site address.

4. Because its you guys and gals that dig our cars and
drivers out of the gravel in the pouring rain.

Respect to you.

Regards.

Jensen.
JENSEN Motorsport ltd.

Last edited by Jensen; 18 Dec 2003 at 13:55.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 13:58 (Ref:815148)   #6
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot for the info.

Now waiting to register.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 14:00 (Ref:815150)   #7
Mr.Orange
Rookie

Mr.Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jensen, Great Idea!!!

Don't forget the Mechanic's Dad...

You must come for a some time!

Last edited by Mr.Orange; 18 Dec 2003 at 14:00.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 16:17 (Ref:815341)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You just need to spell MARSHAL right before you approve any artwork!!
What a great gesture tho!!
Also remeber that the overalls ideally need to be orange although some might argue this!!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 17:36 (Ref:815403)   #9
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring it on!! I can't wait. Its a good logo and anything to help develop the relationship between teams and marshals, especially teams in BTCC and F3, our camps seem to be drifting apart which is a shame.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 18:10 (Ref:815417)   #10
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please yes please yes please!
Great idea.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 20:41 (Ref:815502)   #11
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic idea - shame more teams could`nt do it, does there need to be a disclaimer - something like "there are other racing teams available and we will treat all fairly!!!".

Jensen - I fully apprecaite overalls, hats etc would be limited, if you get more than 100 marshals register (which would`nt surprise me) - I kinda assume it will be on a first come first served basis, although would it be possible for all to receive newsletters etc??
Old 18 Dec 2003, 20:44 (Ref:815506)   #12
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jensen, well done for this idea, another supporter here for you.

Best wishes to you and your team(s) in 2004, I'll be seeing you at at least four btcc meetings as it stands at the moment...

Al.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:08 (Ref:815574)   #13
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Want to sponsor an american marshal (where we also spell the word "marshall")? I'm envious!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 23:33 (Ref:815655)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Fabulous idea Jensen, I wish you much luck and thank you for thinking of us!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 23:50 (Ref:815661)   #15
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Fabulous idea Jensen, I wish you much luck and thank you for thinking of us!
DITTO

If it is the success I think it will be (for your marketing people aswell as us), it might even lead to other teams thinking about it and then who knows how many of us could benefit.

p.s. where do I sign-up??
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:45 (Ref:815854)   #16
cameratart
Rookie

cameratart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea Jensen - just wish that more teams would offer the same type of gesture.

Are you expecting the marshals who get the overalls to attend all the BTCC and F3 rounds? As you may (or may not) realise, most marshals tend to be regulars at one or two circuits and then do the occasional visit to others, so doing every round would not be feasible for most people.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 09:14 (Ref:815874)   #17
Jensen
Racer

Info Cont.....

Your questions.

Cameratart : Yes our aim is to get various Marshals from all over the uk, when we ask you to register we will ask where your based and what cicuits / meetings do you most attend, also how many meetings a season do you attend. This way if we get more than 100 registrations we will select the most active marshals.

Crazystu : We will advertise in autosport when the registrations open, it will be in the national editorial section by way of a feature as opposed to an add, in January. But I have said I will come on here before the autosport edition comes out.

Pike : All that register will be automatically be listed on the teams newsletter list.

Mr Orange : Of course.

Stephen Green, Alan Green, Gary Birch, chigley, observer, scott day : Your welcome.

I will sign off for a while now, all a bit manic this end ( so much for a break during the off season ). As promised when all is in place I will start a thread on here for you guys / gals to register.

Regards

Jensen.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 10:22 (Ref:815909)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jensen may I suggest you put ads in Motorsport News and In Gear too - as MN is read by a lot of marshals too (and is the only publication to run marshals stuff)
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:51 (Ref:816025)   #19
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea Jensen, shame its limited to 100.

The RAC appear to be still getting lots of free advertising from the overalls they gave to marshals at the GP about 5 years ago,many still appearing around the circuits.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 00:36 (Ref:816534)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best wishes for this venture, it's much appreciated already, and your selection criteria is the right one. Although some of us may be on site but still inactive (seem to remember sleeping thorugh something at Doni in the back of the KED unit last year!)
Old 20 Dec 2003, 13:54 (Ref:816787)   #21
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea jenson, you may even find the car gets extra care if it left the black stuff (hoping you won't visit us though)..

I see one of your mechanic is a BARC marshal on the web page....i take it he helped surgest the mobile advertising space available at multiple race tracks at a one off cost.. a marshals back.... it's an ad man dream location...
Old 21 Dec 2003, 18:28 (Ref:817566)   #22
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great JENSEN!!! also you have a good web site. GOOD LUCK FOR 2004
Old 22 Dec 2003, 09:04 (Ref:818024)   #23
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Jensen any team that supports the people in Orange get my vote and I would be happy to wear any sponsored clothing. I hope you have a good season and win. It is great to see someone looking at supporting the marshalls as not every team appriciates the hard work that marshalls all over the world do. No doubt if observer gets sponsered by you, all reports will be praising the skill of your drivers.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 15:32 (Ref:818251)   #24
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I'm full of tricks like that!!
Old 23 Dec 2003, 12:37 (Ref:818909)   #25
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And of course I would never use the flags to assist the car would I Observer!