Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:38 (Ref:1372574)   #1
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i guess i'm the better witch

regarding GPLK .. they had a data logger but it wasn't connected .. how about the others?? . from what i understand they didn't even carry them . so it's not the same thing .. GPLK did broke the rules . the others didn't . it's a shame . but again rules are rules .

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Aug 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1372643)   #2
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
regarding GPLK .. they had a data logger but it wasn't connected .. how about the others?? . from what i understand they didn't even carry them . so it's not the same thing .. GPLK did broke the rules . the others didn't . it's a shame . but again rules are rules .
But the punishment is very hard. Total disqualification in the most important race of the year and in own country.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1372665)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it might be .. what other kind of punishment would have been possible ???

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Aug 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1372831)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
it might be .. what other kind of punishment would have been possible ???
Let them score half points?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1373178)   #5
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really really wonder what kind of discussion we would have had here when they were not disqualified, even if everybody knew their datalogger wasn't connected. I bet the fans of the cars behind 4th finish position would have protested....

I very much like the corvette and especially the effort of GLPK, but if regulations tell you to have a connected datalogger, just be sure you keep it connected. If it already was an issue before, you should pay extra attention to it.

The reaction of GLPK is understandable, but they state something like "it's not my datalogger, so I don't really have to care about if it's connected or not"...... As a team you stay responsible for every bit of the car, including that part.

Too bad this happened. It was a very good result by GLPK and I admire them for that.

Maybe the FIA should provide each team with a large roll of duct tape...
Old 9 Aug 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1375853)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They are really nice pictures , especially the Saleen ..... thanks