Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2001, 09:03 (Ref:112009)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Eddie Irvine

Laxadasical. Lazy. Playboy. Careless. Rubbish. Useless. Slow. Not committed. Bored. Boring. A*se. Ponce. Prat.

HA!! RUBBISH TO YOU ALL!!! A matter of MONTHS ago, practically the entire forum was saying how rubbish Eddie Irvine is/was.

HA!!! Yes, OK, he may be my favourite driver, that I do not deny. BUT STILL, his performances of late have shown him to be what I've always... suspected: HE'S NOT HALF BAD A DRIVER

Irv's the man, the end of the debate.

Thank you!
Old 2 Jul 2001, 10:44 (Ref:112028)   #2
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, Eddie is quite a driver in my perspective. I believe he is better than Rubens (being more able to cope with pressure, and is more aggressive) and that in his years at Ferrari, as good as DC at times. Its good to see he is finally getting somewhere in the Jaguar.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 10:47 (Ref:112029)   #3
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totaly agree!

If the man is spending his free time in not politically correct family way it doesn't mean he does the same during his working time.

Eddie is extravagant, but if everybody in F1 lookeed like TGF it would be the most boring show.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 18:15 (Ref:112169)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes,

he deserves to drive that Mika's McLaren.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 18:30 (Ref:112179)   #5
ireshad
Rookie

ireshad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mr Eddie Irvine

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Laxadasical. Lazy. Playboy. Careless. Rubbish. Useless. Slow. Not committed. Bored. Boring. A*se. Ponce. Prat.

Lets see:

"Laxadasical. Lazy" Betimes.

"Playboy" Definately

"Careless" Occasionally

"Rubbish. Useless. Slow" Nope.

"Not committed. " Sometimes.

"Bored. Boring. A*se. Ponce. Prat." Depends on who you ask really.

Note: Was an Irvine fan, then he left Jordan, still hoped he'd take the WDC, now keep half an eye on him and support him unless he's trying to overtake a Jordan.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 18:48 (Ref:112193)   #6
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be an exciting prospect if he were to drive for Mac next year. He could battle it out with Michael. Michael would have the edge in ability but Eddie would have the hunger and the desire to dethrone him youd think. Not to mention Eddie and Coulthard as team mates.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 19:34 (Ref:112213)   #7
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets face it the only driver who would take the fight to TGF in an inferrior car (as the mclaren is likely 2b again next yr) is JV. Irvine is not in the same planet.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 20:12 (Ref:112221)   #8
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's debatable whether the Mac is an inferior car to the Ferrari. They have just messed themselves up in too many races with LC and retirements, if u look at best lap times from this season in most races, the Maclaren is just as quick if not quicker on some occasions. JV drove a perfect car at Williams and is now driving a disgraceful one. I would still think EI could match it with JV if given the chance.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:25 (Ref:112263)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess nobody understood my post :

He deserves to drive THAT Mika's McLaren.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:51 (Ref:112274)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to think Eddie was hopeless. But then I saw how much better he is in a Ferrari then Barrrichello...
Old 3 Jul 2001, 02:34 (Ref:112370)   #11
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will admit that I felt much as DNQ did, and am not ashamed to admit my view has changed. Oh, I still think he's a boor, but he's a fast one.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 02:52 (Ref:112375)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Eddie Irvine is certainly turning up the wick..I would love to see him driving a McLaren or Ferrari these days...
Old 3 Jul 2001, 06:36 (Ref:112401)   #13
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie in Ferrari again? And Di Montesemolo will be his mechanic as was promised.

Eddie told he likes to work with Jag and develop the team where he's No1. He and Ron will never agree.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 11:20 (Ref:112450)   #14
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eddie in a McLaren?

More proof that the forum is inhabited by people with nasty addictions. Give the stuff up, it ain't good for you.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 12:16 (Ref:112468)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Eddie in a McLaren?

Moffat, wouldn't we be in for a nasty surprise to die and discover that He11 had in fact frozen over.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 13:29 (Ref:112492)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

As long as McLaren stalls at every start it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 18:27 (Ref:112599)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep the effort he put in at the Nurburgring was pretty good.
Old 3 Jul 2001, 23:27 (Ref:112725)   #18
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EI and Ron - Nuh

Honest (realistic?) Eddie knows he can't beat TGF in an equal car - he keeps on saying no-one can. Not sure I disagree.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 07:09 (Ref:112827)   #19
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always felt Eddie was better than he was being given credit for, despite his shortcomings.

After all, anyone who could take a punch from Senna . . . .
Old 4 Jul 2001, 11:22 (Ref:112886)   #20
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuvolari
I've always felt Eddie was better than he was being given credit for, despite his shortcomings.

Now Nuv,

that probably wouldn't be all that hard would it? Any improvement on nothing is something isn't it?
Old 4 Jul 2001, 12:00 (Ref:112905)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat

Now Nuv,

that probably wouldn't be all that hard would it? Any improvement on nothing is something isn't it?
Something like 0 + 0.1 = 0.1
Old 4 Jul 2001, 12:06 (Ref:112908)   #22
Airhead
Veteran

Basically Bononi

yes that's the picture
Old 4 Jul 2001, 12:53 (Ref:112939)   #23
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have followed Eddie since he drove at Jordan and I think he gets quite a hard time from media and fans alike. Just because he knows how to enjoy himself does not make him a lesser driver. At least he has a personality and an opinion on things, some drivers are soooo boring, he livens things up. I am really happy that things are looking better for him at Jaguar and I hope that he either extends his contract with them or gets the chance to drive a car that does his talents justice. I don't think it would be a Ferrari after the farce they made of his quest for the championship in 1999, but a Mclaren, why not.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 13:04 (Ref:112949)   #24
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie has never had the credit deserved. Why was he booted out of Ferrari at the end of 1999? Because he was getting too close to TGF.

The Jaguar is no showcase for his talents, but I don't see Ron taking Eddie over the likes of Heidfeld, Raikkonen and co.
Old 4 Jul 2001, 13:27 (Ref:112955)   #25
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie is a fine driver, and more importantly he has had a life outside of karting and motor racing. He has developed some sort of personality. The new generation of drivers seem to have no concept that life exists outside of their strange little world.
He gets stick from the press and from fans for being a human being. Go Eddie!