Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2001, 13:23 (Ref:96889)   #1
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saint Fernando

His first year, truly young and in a Minardi!!!

I hope the top teams are watching. It would be sad to see Fernando get stuck in second-rate teams in the future.
Old 26 May 2001, 13:28 (Ref:96892)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Not a chance - this guy is going places
Old 26 May 2001, 15:42 (Ref:96921)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Wait till he's WDC and then we'll see people jumping on the Saint Fernando bandwagon...do it now then you can say you've been a fan from the start.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 May 2001, 16:24 (Ref:96929)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
get your own bandwagon - this one's mine.

18th? how did he do that?

Last edited by bella; 26 May 2001 at 16:24.
Old 26 May 2001, 17:13 (Ref:96938)   #5
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Four 18ths in a row... superb.
Old 26 May 2001, 17:19 (Ref:96944)   #6
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may be a somewhat akward question, but who is the pick for the future... The sainted Alonso, or Kimi???

I realise that this may be a tough one for some of us *glances at MFan* Personally, I am just not sure... my hunch goes to Alonso though.
Old 26 May 2001, 17:53 (Ref:96951)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think both are very talented and will be stars in the future.

There's salvation for the world !
Old 26 May 2001, 18:54 (Ref:96964)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orange, I have the same hunch. Though they both have great potential, I believe Alonso will have the more successful career out of the two.

As for being on the bandwagon from the start - were you? Since before he'd ever won a race in F3000 last year?

I was.
Old 26 May 2001, 20:13 (Ref:96982)   #9
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I picked up on Fernando quite early on in the 2000 season. It was obvious within a couple of races that he would soon be challenging the front. I must admit I wa a little surprised (at how soon it all happened) when he dominated at Spa though.

Never saw much of Raikkonen before F1. I think I caught coverage of 1 FRenault race in which he wasn't exactly dominant.

Despite Fernando being in one of the worst teams he does already have his future pretty firmly in place being signed with Flavio Briatore.

He will probably move to Renault as they are starting to come good.

Raikkonen has shown well so far and no doubt will get even better but I think he really needs to move from Sauber before he can challenge for a win (although I hope he proves me wrong).
Old 26 May 2001, 21:12 (Ref:96996)   #10
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh!! That's a toughy!
Old 26 May 2001, 22:05 (Ref:97022)   #11
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Despite Fernando being in one of the worst teams he does already have his future pretty firmly in place being signed with Flavio Briatore.
True enough, although the same didn't help old Fisichella much, did it??
Old 26 May 2001, 22:22 (Ref:97031)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry Orange,

is not Trulli who has a long term contract with Flavio ?

Any clarifying would help, I'm a bit confused with Italian names...
Old 27 May 2001, 04:36 (Ref:97107)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I've been impressed with Fernando since he was racing peddal cars in kindergarten

As for Kimmi & Alonso - both of there stars look very bright indeed.
Old 27 May 2001, 06:54 (Ref:97124)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I'd like to see Paul come good with his promise f a factory engine. Maybe he can get an engine before the end of the year.
Old 27 May 2001, 11:35 (Ref:97194)   #15
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That being said, I think everyone's forgotten someone: NICK HEIDFELD. He will be WDC in a McL in 3/4 years time.
Old 27 May 2001, 12:12 (Ref:97218)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Poor old Nick... out in the first lap.
Old 27 May 2001, 13:59 (Ref:97256)   #17
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen running into the back of him. Funny that.....
Old 27 May 2001, 14:44 (Ref:97286)   #18
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
is not Trulli who has a long term contract with Flavio ?

Any clarifying would help, I'm a bit confused with Italian names...
Trulli is contracted with Flav too.
Briatore has contracts with quite a few drivers (who are not at Benetton) I think.
Old 27 May 2001, 15:11 (Ref:97305)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
As for being on the bandwagon from the start - were you? Since before he'd ever won a race in F3000 last year?
I only watched F3000 last year when ITV could be bothered showing it...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 27 May 2001, 16:10 (Ref:97333)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, i'm not as sad () as r, but i did kinda notice him when he whooped ass at spa. figured only gods can win that well at a track like spa, and with the experience he had as well.

i'm with peter windsor (aargh, now there's a first) when he says everything that has happened in fernando's racing career has been coincidental, and all about being in the right place in the right time, and i figure this only happens to really special drivers.

and besides, did you see how much faster he was than the not so bad at all tarso marques? i'm impressed.

the flav thing is no problem. by the time he gets to renault, he'll be a helluva lot older and wiser, and very quick. fingers crossed though...

as for kimi, well, i reckon he's pretty good too. as good as fernando? can kimi wring a dead good time out of a dead pants car? i await evidence. and nick's pretty good. just you watch, he'll have a mclaren drive in 5 years time.