Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Sep 2001, 11:40 (Ref:152017)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bentley @ Le Mans 2002

Just found this

Numbers 7 and 8 made a massive impact at Le Mans this year, but reliable sources indicate there is a lot of truth in a Motorsport News story today which indicates that "Bentley has been given until the end of next week to come up with sponsorship for next year's Le Mans....or face the cancellation of its programme."

A probable outcome is that an extension will be granted to provide more time to find backing.

Meanwhile, Guy Smith has been demonstrating the Le Mans car at numerous events in the UK and Europe this year - but neither he nor the Bentley(s) have been racing.

I hope this is no ture as it will be very bad news, very bad news
Old 27 Sep 2001, 12:55 (Ref:152046)   #2
Logan
Rookie

Logan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you say, very bad news.

Hopefully they will find some backing and sponsors fast (It can't be that hard for a brand like Bentley surely?!), and the project will continue.

I guess the parent company doesn't see why it should be paying all the money out for Bentley (which because its a GTP costs about 50% more to run than an LMP car) when Audi has been doing such a good job already and would be the brand that was going to get beaten if Bentley did succeed to win LM in 2002.

Better hope they find a lot of cash and fast!

Logan.
Old 27 Sep 2001, 23:57 (Ref:152403)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please....

They've got to find the backing - they've just got to.

The only thing that puts me off, just a little bit, is the thought of whether their aesthetic impact will be affected by having lots of stickers all over the car. One of the distinctive things about the Bentley at Le Mans this year was just how well it looked compared with its competitors.

Whether the very brand itself could be affected, I'm not certain.

But they've got to make it work. I'm determined to be there in 2002, and I want the best marque in the world there too.
Old 28 Sep 2001, 20:26 (Ref:152895)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
One of the distinctive things about the Bentley at Le Mans this year was just how well it looked compared with its competitors.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Sheer beauty. Let's hope everything works out for the best.
Old 28 Sep 2001, 20:48 (Ref:152915)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice if say Dunlop and Shell came up with the cash, it could at least be decked out in suitable livery, both companies supporting Bentley before (I think ?)and hopefully both would enter into the BRG spirit. Maybe Castol as well, least it would be green.

Simon
Old 28 Sep 2001, 22:27 (Ref:153018)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't go Bentley! Bentley and MG made me watch this years race, or the clips on TV.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:28 (Ref:155501)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bentley @ Le Mans 2002

I well remember the return of the works Jags in 1985 when they first appeared in their BRG livery. Like the Bentleys at Le Mans this year they looked great, but it was surprising how soon I got used to the Silk Cut colours, particularly from 1987 onwards. (Although the all-purple 1991 colour-scheme didn't look so good in my view).
Old 4 Oct 2001, 04:24 (Ref:155670)   #8
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not count on it happening. They need 4m USD to do Sebring and LeMans. The real problem is that they need it yesterday.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 16:33 (Ref:155862)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bentley?

If I had it.........!

I should be so lucky. (Mind you, I quite fancy the idea of my logo splashed all over the Bentleys - I can live with green!!).