Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 May 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1611967)   #1
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I have come on here to try and get some help on the NZV8's. I would love to get back over and race there, and just wanted some tips on who would be good to talk to about getting a drive. I have spoken to a couple of teams where there could be a possibility, but its early days. Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Old 17 May 2006, 01:24 (Ref:1612023)   #2
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon wills
Hi, I have come on here to try and get some help on the NZV8's. I would love to get back over and race there, and just wanted some tips on who would be good to talk to about getting a drive. I have spoken to a couple of teams where there could be a possibility, but its early days. Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Hi Simon. TKR have a spare car and a great young Racer in Gene Rolly, that would benifit from having a Senior Driver being in the Team. (Senioer as in Supercar experienced, not old.!! lol.
You would have to make sure you didnt get the car bent by other Drivers too often or suffer bad luck too often or you would be gooorne but they are surely hungry to be back in the Top spot after losing the mighty AndyPandy, Johnny mac and Foggy. Worth a thought and the new racing facility out near the Airport sure looks the piece.

Regarding getting back over here..Its cold and wet and crowded (in Auckland) and we are still taxed to the hilt BUT, it IS N. Zed which negates all that other stuff.
Old 17 May 2006, 01:41 (Ref:1612031)   #3
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope to meet you in person one day BAZZZZz you seem to be so sensable and on to it .. TKR would be a good fit for Simon.........To Simon....Give Bernie Gillon a call...It would be good to see you back on the grid.....evan if your a holden man...
Old 17 May 2006, 04:16 (Ref:1612053)   #4
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by go the fords
I hope to meet you in person one day BAZZZZz you seem to be so sensable and on to it .. TKR would be a good fit for Simon.........To Simon....Give Bernie Gillon a call...It would be good to see you back on the grid.....evan if your a holden man...
Bernie is not involved with the NZV8 team, it is separate to TKR itself so David John is the one you would speak to.
Old 17 May 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1612331)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
*bump*
Old 17 May 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1612365)   #6
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are asking these questions seriously, and if you are Simon Wills - im sorry to say, but this to me is a joke! Un-professional aswell.
Old 17 May 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1612483)   #7
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it unprofessional. He is not doing the deal here. He is just asking who runs the teams so he knows who to approach. What do you suggest grab the yellow pages and look under RACE TEAMS.
Old 17 May 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1612495)   #8
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
If you are asking these questions seriously, and if you are Simon Wills - im sorry to say, but this to me is a joke! Un-professional aswell.
Un-professional? Rather arrogant of you Oaksnaf to doubt the sincerity of Simons post...Simon has spoken to our team and at least one other that we know of and I believe his post is absolutly genuine, if a trifle unnusual, given the caliber of his driving skills...Indeed if John McIntyre is to move on from Tracer, as now appears to be the case, GB would be pleasently suprised at how much faster Simon Wills would be than 'Super Mac'... Whats more Simon was not looking to be paid, he is still a kiwi at heart and loved comming home to race at Manfeild in the Beaut Ute series...At least one team that I can think of, need a better peddler than they currently employ, and save some money in the process! least in my humble opinion.
Old 17 May 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1612596)   #9
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought that Simon could have just rung Kayne Scott.... someone out at Wingfield must have his number?

Would be great to see him back in some sort of car (Not just the road one!)

Last edited by Rombles1; 17 May 2006 at 13:52.
Old 17 May 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1612619)   #10
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bluemax, V8's rule; Being involved on this side of motorsport, I find it quite bemusing that an ex-V8 Supercar driver (and Queensland 300 winnner) would need to ask for help on a motorsport forum in order to land a drive.

If he is offering to race for free, a two car team would be where Simon could fit in well - as the other seat would be paid for and then the team gets the added exposure of hiring Simon. Including an extra level of technical development and performance which then helps the pay driver. And all of a sudden your 5 grid spaces further up than the start of the season. Then that results in more exposure and it opens up a new market of sponsorship.

Of course thats how the perfect world works, but its not to say that cases dont turn out that way.
Old 17 May 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1612884)   #11
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I also have that question.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:02 (Ref:1613088)   #12
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately being based in Adelaide, I am kinda detached from what is happening in the New Zealand scene other than what Kayne has told me. I have seen on here there is a few people involved in the series commenting on subjects, so it was worth the question in my mind. The racing in New Zealand is a lot of fun and competitive which I would like to be a part of. I already have got a couple of good tips from this thread's question so I am better off than before... Thanks for your help!
Old 18 May 2006, 00:46 (Ref:1613097)   #13
r8hsv
Rookie

New Zealand
mighty waikato
r8hsv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Simon, something will come of it for you and u can get back to nz and be involved in a awesome class!! So the best of luck to you!

And just a afterthought and im sure people will read this so i might as well put it in with this..I thinks its utterly pathetic when someone starts mouthing off about being "un proffesional" etc cause a driver got on here and asked a simple question about obtaining a ride.....Great forum this one with a lot of good info flowing thru so i would think this would be a great place to help if needed..No wonder very few drivers come in here as everytime they do someone has some smart ass comment towards them...some people need to pull there heads out of their butts
Old 18 May 2006, 01:56 (Ref:1613113)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by r8hsv
I thinks its utterly pathetic when someone starts mouthing off about being "un proffesional" etc cause a driver got on here and asked a simple question about obtaining a ride.....
Exactly. I use this forum among many other places to obtain information, advice and opinions. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 19 May 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1613994)   #15
Bread Roll
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Bread Roll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So has SImon found a drive?

Would be great to see someone of his calibre out there