Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 May 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1622574)   #1
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZV8 silly season

Who is going who is staying in the NZV8's

I here MPM is building a new car (holden)
Is the flying scot on his way to a new team
Will we see the Aussies back next year and which ones
Will both the caltex drivers be there at the start of the season

These are a few of the rumors that I have been hearing round the traps

Please if we can keep to talking about the coming season we may keep this thread going
Old 30 May 2006, 04:55 (Ref:1622610)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will interesting to see if some drivers from Australia that aren't getting a break in V8 Supercars will try to get a drive in NZV8's to gain more experience and so on. If I was racing in the Fujitsu series, I'd definitely try to get a drive in NZV8's.

Also I wonder if costs are going to contained next year, as they seem to have been going up the past few years.
Old 31 May 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1623615)   #3
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Flying Duck, in case you didn't know it you have landed in the wrong pond, we all took off a couple of weeks ago and would love to have you join us, we are all very tolerant over here so quack quack over and we will feed you some of the best green lake weed you have ever tasted...Just log on to the NZV8 official web site and click on the new forum link, zoooom your here.
Old 31 May 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1623872)   #4
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
Hey Flying Duck, in case you didn't know it you have landed in the wrong pond, we all took off a couple of weeks ago and would love to have you join us, we are all very tolerant over here so quack quack over and we will feed you some of the best green lake weed you have ever tasted...Just log on to the NZV8 official web site and click on the new forum link, zoooom your here.
Does that mean that you NZ guys & girls won't be posting here anymore

Where is the forum link?

Last edited by Kerri; 31 May 2006 at 15:08.
Old 31 May 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1624047)   #5
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we are all at theboss.co.nz or see the link at nzv8.com we all got kicked out of 10/10s so we have a new home for discussing the NZV8 issues
Old 31 May 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1624176)   #6
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by go the fords
we are all at theboss.co.nz or see the link at nzv8.com we all got kicked out of 10/10s so we have a new home for discussing the NZV8 issues
Hi there. Dont forget to add an 's' to get to the NZV8 site, as in nzv8s.com
Miss the s off and you wont get patched through. Same goes for nzv8s.co.nz

Hope to see lots of new posters and all of the regulars at theboss.co.nz.
I promise that you wont get insulted by moderators that lumped EVERY NZ poster into the same catagory. Hurtful comments aimed squarly at ALL new Zealanders on an International Forum. As any supposedly dodgy posts were removed before most of us got to see them, we have no idea why these Moderators chose to attack us as a NATION rather than attack the few that they thought were the 'culprits' . All too much and anybody that chooses to read the last threads closing statement by the Moderator, would have to agree that far from setting some sort of example about "attacking the Post, not the poster," (Their rules) would have to agree that they certainly dont adhere to such a philosophy themselves. Pity becuase this is a brilliant site and the sledge hammer approach by them, to crack a nut (or two) coupled with an unwarranted attack on EVERY New Zealander is just not on. Naturally, this very post will be viewed very dimly by the mods. Lets hope it at least makes them think, and perhaps agree that they had no reason to post in such a vehement way when they closed the last NZV8 thread.
Old 31 May 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1624218)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*sigh*

Let me explain it carefully, since eveyone seems to want to use this site's bandwidth in order to criticise the site and the mods.

This is a large, international forum. As such it has to be run to a certain level of posting and certain standards of proof, not least because many people view what's written here as somewhat official. The posting on the discussions about NZv8s did not meet those standards, and as moderators we received a high level of complaint which had to be reviewed. We're not talking of minor transgressions here, there were posts of the level of 'Driver xxxx, you're a scumbag'. If anyone seriously considers that acceptable then you're in the wrong place. It was only this subject, and only this series that was the problem, and the threads were dominated by a few people who were clearly intent to undermine the series, it's drivers and teams and this site at every opportunity. We initially attempted to push the threads into order, then to drop strong hints, extra guidance and finally warnings and bans all to no avail. There is no nation bias - personally, I love New Zealand and have many good friends there, and the antics that were going on here portrayed the country and its inhabitants very poorly. It is no longer acceptable in this arena.

So yes, I do view your post dimly, and it makes me think not that we were wrong, but that a number of posters didn't realize the breadth of discontent they were causing amongst the many people who they upset. It's like playing your radio too loud - you may think it's ok, but a whole heap of your neighbours do not.

So, with the agreement of the hosts of another, more local site, we placed a link so that the banter can happily be indulged because it's not hitting a worldwide audience, and is kept within tighter confines. In other words, the sort of chatter you'd have in your favourite bar is not the same as you would indulge in if you were in a tv studio going out to the world. It's not that either site is better than the other, just different. You've even acnowledged that you found comments aimed at 'ALL New Zealanders on an International Forum' hurtful, yet the degree of vehemence directed at some teams and drivers in the same forum is considered OK? No, sorry, that's double standards.

If you have anything about the NZV8 series that is worth discussing on a large arena, then do so, and stay within the guidelines you signed up to. If you want in-jokes, banter, and more light hearted conversation in a place where you're less likely to cause upset, then NZV8s is ideal for you. Some of those discussions are fine on either site, and probably some of it is unsiuitable for either.

Wherever you decide to go, there will be no more discussion of perceived moderating standards here, and we will not allow every NZ thread to be diverted into 'come here' with a link. And no, go the fords, you were not kicked out of tenths, just guided to an alternative place. If you wish to post responsibly, you are welcome here, and if you wish to launch into personal attacks and innuendo of rule breaking, you will not be.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1624859)   #8
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im now more at a loss to find out what I have done wrong. You have singled me out for attacks on drivers when I felt all my posts were balanced and to the point of discussion with no real attacks on any person or team. Looking back on the thread that was closed I found nothing that would warrent closing it down but also note the offending threads must have beed deleted. I do agree with you that atacks on persons or teams are un warrented unless it is offering contructive critisisum like the case of Tracers Greg Bellingham who has behaved very poorley and has caused many rifts by turning the headgate issue into a personal attack on the tech guy woh works for MSNZ. I do not think most posters that were involved wanted to cause any harm to the sport as it was quite clear that most were very involved in teams and as always it seems to be the couple or few spoil it for the majority.........now we have split it into two sites.....not good for any one..........And for the record... it is offical Tracer did break the rules...they got punished ...no one had an issue with that, once it was sorted....it was never innuendo..........it was the attacks on DD the tech guy that caused all the concern

Last edited by go the fords; 1 Jun 2006 at 19:23.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1625043)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You have my apologies, GTF, my final paragraph was not well worded and I agree it unfairly suggests that you were responsible for personal attacks and innuendo, which was not the case. I intended to pick up that your comment about being kicked out was innacurate and inadvertantly linked that with the final sentence. Sorry, it should not have been put quite that way.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1625076)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It never seems to end with the personal jibber jabber and so on. Let's discuss NZV8's and be done with it. I'm tired of the "who shot john" interpersonal squabbles over meaningless crap.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 00:48 (Ref:1625085)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Hear, hear. End of. On with the racing - which has been pretty good. We had re-runs of Teretonga last week, they seem to be doing a round up of the whole series so I'll be looking out for that. We're starting to get the Porsches too, but I'm not sure if that was just a one-off.