Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Jan 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3017508)   #1401
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Fingers are very firmly crossed for your success in 2012. But, they are even more firmly crossed in the hope that this programme will have considerable longevity. What sportscar fans really want to see is stability over a number of years, from a manufacturer entry. Audi are the shining example in this respect. My gut feeling is that we shall lose them when Porsche return, a changing of the guard, so to speak. Hopefully, Toyota will still be around to take them on.....please, no splash and dash from Toyota this time!
Well said. Hopefully, we won't see Toyota take their bat and ball, and run home if things don't go according to plan. I see that in some quarters, Peugeot have been accused of that, but at least they were around long enough to have the runs on the board to prove otherwise.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3017530)   #1402
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Laurent Chauveau made some nice comparison picture of the TS030, R18 and 908:

source: http://www.86400.fr/articles/203-dec...e-2-et-details
Old 26 Jan 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3017531)   #1403
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Don't forget that the 911 GT3-R hybrid worked on the same principle, and they got it to work in the end.
In the end? It pretty much worked very well from the word "go".
Old 26 Jan 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3017537)   #1404
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
On this picture it seems that the pilot is positioned much further back in the Toyota and that the car has a longer wheel base. That should be beneficial for the balance of the car.

The side pots are extremely low, especially compared to the Peugeot.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:04 (Ref:3017547)   #1405
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That car is generally very much like the Audi, with hints of Peugeot.
But both the Audi and Peugeot are really good machines, so why not get inspired?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3017548)   #1406
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed how much better the side view for the driver is in the TS030, you can see the entire side window but can barely see in the window on the R18 especially the 908. May have been something Toyota took into accout due to the side visability issues last year...

In the TS030 the driver sits WAY back from the canopy and the "A-pillar" is huge...
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3017550)   #1407
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
But both the Audi and Peugeot are really good machines, so why not get inspired?
in my opinion the mid-rear sections of the t030 are a something more than "inspired"
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3017555)   #1408
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
On this picture it seems that the pilot is positioned much further back in the Toyota and that the car has a longer wheel base. That should be beneficial for the balance of the car.

The side pots are extremely low, especially compared to the Peugeot.
The TS030 only has to cool a 3.4, NA, V8. Thus they can get away with smaller side pods as they need to grab less cooling air.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3017556)   #1409
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The TS030's airflow management is of the Peugeot school. The only similarities I see to the R18 is how the Toyota integrated it's engine inlet into the fin and the high outboard rear fender trailing edge. Other than those two small details it's pretty evident the Toyota aerodynamicisits were looking hard at the 908.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 01:24 (Ref:3017559)   #1410
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
The TS030's airflow management is of the Peugeot school. The only similarities I see to the R18 is how the Toyota integrated it's engine inlet into the fin and the high outboard rear fender trailing edge. Other than those two small details it's pretty evident the Toyota aerodynamicisits were looking hard at the 908.
Which is kind of stunning considering that it's based on a late-2006 design basically. The longitivtiy of the initial 908 design really is quite amazing.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3017561)   #1411
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Kazuki Nakajima interview by Japanese F1-Stinger website.
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...25/017733.html
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...27/017750.html

*Nakajima recorded 3:24-25 by the simulator.
*The feeling of the hybrid system resembles the turbo engine car.
*They are running only by rear assistance now. The hybrid system is full automatic. There is no display of a motor assist mode.
*The engine starter motor is equipped.
*The engine rev is about 10000 +alpha.
*Headlight must improve. Brightness is insufficient.
*The present aero parts are not the latest spec.
*The machine is understeering. However, the characteristic of this car is a cornering machine.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3017566)   #1412
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Hisatake Murata (Chief of Toyota Hybrid system) interview by Japanese F1-Stinger website
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...25/017732.html
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...26/017737.html

*The difference between THS-R and other hybrid system is a power-weight ratio.
*Compared with HV-R of Tokachi spec, the weight saving is carried out several times. If it converts by HV-R of Tokachi spec, hybrid system is about 700kg (supposing the car weight is 900 kg).
*Gross car weight is under 900 kg. Engine weight is 100 kg or less.
*Cooling of a capacitor is water-cooling. Cooling of a motor is oil liquid-cooling.
*It is only a spilit that surpasses Audi.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3017573)   #1413
evanPGH
Rookie

United States
evanPGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Hisatake Murata (Chief of Toyota Hybrid system) interview by Japanese F1-Stinger website
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...25/017732.html
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...26/017737.html

*The difference between THS-R and other hybrid system is a power-weight ratio.
*Compared with HV-R of Tokachi spec, the weight saving is carried out several times. If it converts by HV-R of Tokachi spec, hybrid system is about 700kg (supposing the car weight is 900 kg).
*Gross car weight is under 900 kg. Engine weight is 100 kg or less.
*Cooling of a capacitor is water-cooling. Cooling of a motor is oil liquid-cooling.
*It is only a spilit that surpasses Audi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Kazuki Nakajima interview by Japanese F1-Stinger website.
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...25/017733.html
http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/vo...27/017750.html

*Nakajima recorded 3:24-25 by the simulator.
*The feeling of the hybrid system resembles the turbo engine car.
*They are running only by rear assistance now. The hybrid system is full automatic. There is no display of a motor assist mode.
*The engine starter motor is equipped.
*The engine rev is about 10000 +alpha.
*Headlight must improve. Brightness is insufficient.
*The present aero parts are not the latest spec.
*The machine is understeering. However, the characteristic of this car is a cornering machine.
Thanks for the translations!!

The headlights sure are big enough to be sufficient.

Judging by what we've seen and heard this car is much further along than I think most people expected it to be, myself included.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3017578)   #1414
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I have a feeling they'll go with LED's in the aero update. As Samura-san has said it's interim package. When you go to their webpage and their twitter, the mock-up image has a strip of blue led's to the inner edge of the headlight assembly- http://twitter.com/#!/Toyota_Hybrid. Is there anyway to translate the whole interview's?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3017579)   #1415
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think that might be just some fan stuff (video/photos).
Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3017581)   #1416
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Is there anyway to translate the whole interview's?
http://translate.google.com / http://www.microsofttranslator.com (paste the url)
Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3017582)   #1417
evanPGH
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I'm crossing my fingers that it's the driver lineup for the second car.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:19 (Ref:3017583)   #1418
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanPGH View Post
I'm crossing my fingers that it's the driver lineup for the second car.

Im hoping its the driver lineup and the new aero package with new headlights and possibly some new sponsors Panasonic anyone?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 03:25 (Ref:3017585)   #1419
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Their translations are vague and hard to understand. Samurai-san does a much better job! All i can get from it is that Nakajima is not used to the LeMans car, not used to the track, so he's been spending time in the simulator. He says his times from that are 3:24-3:25 range. This is good news if it relates to the track. If Nakajima can do 24's without much experience, I imagine that Wurz or Lapierre could be even faster?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3017591)   #1420
evanPGH
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Their translations are vague and hard to understand. Samurai-san does a much better job! All i can get from it is that Nakajima is not used to the LeMans car, not used to the track, so he's been spending time in the simulator. He says his times from that are 3:24-3:25 range. This is good news if it relates to the track. If Nakajima can do 24's without much experience, I imagine that Wurz or Lapierre could be even faster?
I would think so. Both Wurz and Lapierre have a lot more prototype experience. Unless he ends up very fast in the TS030, Nakajima's role as a third driver will most likely be to keep pace and not do anything stupid. Wurz will almost certainly be double stinted during the 24hrs, Lapierre might be too.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 04:14 (Ref:3017592)   #1421
TF110
Veteran

United States
How good is 3:25's anyway? If they can be consistent with those times, that's gotta be close to what Audi and Peugeot were doing. I don't have reference so I ask.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 04:26 (Ref:3017594)   #1422
deggis
Veteran

Finland
First you have to ask how good is the simulator or how accurate the track model is (i.e. is it laser scanned). Toyota knows the real life vs. sim offset, we don't.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 04:34 (Ref:3017597)   #1423
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Impressive simulator times nonetheless.

The more important thing is that Last Years Petrol LMP1's could not even muster a 3:30(barely). And theres no way the Toyota simulator is 5 seconds off of real world given the money put into it. It might be at most 1-2 seconds of? Toyota is so much faster than last years Petrols. Theres certainly going to be no more lobbying by the privateers. The petrol diesel equivalency wont be an effective exscuse aymore. (note added hybrid system however-whatever effect that has vs petrol lmp's of last year)
Old 27 Jan 2012, 04:59 (Ref:3017608)   #1424
TF110
Veteran

United States
Whatever the simulator is off by in time, the developments to the car should make it up. I think it simulates everything from new additions to the car to the tire compound. I remember them saying this from their F1 days. It's probably as accurate as can be, for a simulator.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3017627)   #1425
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
You are correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Toyota_Hybrid
Here is the surprise ;-) After his stint yesterday with #TOYOTA TS030H, @Nico_Lapierre decided to offer you his autographed helmet visor !

Tweet a "support message" to @Toyota_Hybrid and Nico wIll choose the best one...