Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Feb 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4143207)   #10
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Great response Paul, I'm sure you'll let us know if you get a reply.

As you alluded to, I'm not good enough to keep all 4 on the track 100% of the time. And as I do my own build, prep and repairs I *will* go off track to avoid contact.

For the first bit - yes, of course. But I wouldn't hold your breath...

For the second bit - wasn't referring to you specifically David - but it raises a good point. How many of us are good enough to guarantee that we'll never put a wheel wrong? Unless, of course, we're happy to drive round at 9/10ths. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sorry - to me, that ain't racing, it's cruising round a racetrack. The buzz of racing for me is in pushing the envelope, finding the limit - which you can only find by occasionally exceeding it - and knowing that, if I beat the next guy, I did it despite his best efforts at achieving the same thing.

If I'm happy at 9/10ths, then I may as well go off and do trackdays and save myself a few grand a year and a load of hassle!

Ahhh... the penny's dropped - maybe that's what 'they' want???