Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3057325)   #76
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The updated entry list after Toyota withdrawal and ELMS refugees:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...s-for-wec-spa/

Nice, but some BS on that article: "We actually received more than 42 inquiries for Spa but the maximum of cars that can be accommodated for this race is determined by the pit lane capacity.""

That's utter rubbish, they had way more in the previous years and Spa also has second pit lane for Spa 24 etc... why don't they use that like in the past
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3057329)   #77
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
One word - three letters: F.I.A.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3057332)   #78
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I don't see why, the Gulf AMR Middle East Vantage in GTE-Am last year was a brand new 2011 spec car, and yes it was 2011 spec.
The Krohn 458 is a 2012 build chassis , demodded to 2011 spec as to qualify for the AM class .
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3057335)   #79
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Actually three words, abbreviated by 3 letters
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3057346)   #80
reed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
reed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The updated entry list after Toyota withdrawal and ELMS refugees:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...s-for-wec-spa/

Nice, but some BS on that article: "We actually received more than 42 inquiries for Spa but the maximum of cars that can be accommodated for this race is determined by the pit lane capacity.""

That's utter rubbish, they had way more in the previous years and Spa also has second pit lane for Spa 24 etc... why don't they use that like in the past
Without Toyota it actually looks like quite a strong entry list but as you say, that's utter tosh. Spa 24H ran with over 60 last year if I am not mistaken.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3057352)   #81
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed View Post
Spa 24H ran with over 60 last year if I am not mistaken.
but those were all "slow" gt3 cars. (and a couple gt4). But I guess you meant the 1000km race which indeed had more than 50 entries.

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ncorchamps.pdf
Old 11 Apr 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3057421)   #82
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I like to think of it as a four letter word.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3057484)   #83
Prometheus
Rookie

Germany
Dortmund
Prometheus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are only going to use the new pitlane, that's why there is a 42 car limit, it seems. I guess Speed Euroseries will get the old pits, which in previous years also accomodated some LMS teams (who were usually not happy about that).
Old 12 Apr 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3057544)   #84
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
They are only going to use the new pitlane, that's why there is a 42 car limit, it seems. I guess Speed Euroseries will get the old pits, which in previous years also accomodated some LMS teams (who were usually not happy about that).
If the race is oversubscribed (which it seems to be), I'm sure some teams would be more than happy to use the old pits instead of not being allowed in.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3057800)   #85
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Some sad news for those attending the race... the Paddock 'cafe' has gone, and the wooden huts demolished. There's been a change in contractor for catering, and it looks like caravans doing Frites for this season?
Details in the Trackside forum, in the Works, Spa 2007 thread...
Old 12 Apr 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3057862)   #86
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Some sad news for those attending the race... the Paddock 'cafe' has gone, and the wooden huts demolished. There's been a change in contractor for catering, and it looks like caravans doing Frites for this season?
Details in the Trackside forum, in the Works, Spa 2007 thread...
Incredibly sad news about demise of the wooden huts - they were really appealing.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3057865)   #87
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
A good shelter from spa rain, too!!!
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3057935)   #88
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Has anybody concret Plans to go to the Race ??
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3057940)   #89
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should be an Audi 1-2-3-4 unless some GT Ferraris get in the way!

DK
Old 12 Apr 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3057951)   #90
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even worse... the lack of Toyota also means that approx 99% of the TV coverage will consist of Audi onboards, mechanics, driver interviews and shots of good old doctor. Sebring at least had IMSA cameras (so the only true Audifest was seen via the ACO highlights on Eurosport) but they're not saving this one

If Pesca's Dome keeps troubling them and they do not dare to bin the Judd, I guess they'll be sandbagging here as hard as they can to get BoP adjustment before Le Mans
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3058410)   #91
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98783 the drivers for the second Lotus Lola are James Rossiter and Kevin Weeda. Nice to see Rossiter back in an LMP2 car.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3058453)   #92
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Oh, yes sirree Bob! One of my annual treats, Le Mans cars at Spa.
Means I can stock up on Belgian Beer, and cheap Golden Virginia, to boot!
I also have a birthday party to visit, Friday night, in the main camping bit by the circuit entrance.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3058554)   #93
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I expect to be there
Old 13 Apr 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3058637)   #94
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Suspect for me it'll be a bit of a last minute decision the week before, much as it ended up being last year.

I had thought, in the spirit of belt tightening, of giving it a miss this year, but there's an increasing level of temptation to go.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3058745)   #95
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Suspect for me it'll be a bit of a last minute decision the week before, much as it ended up being last year.

I had thought, in the spirit of belt tightening, of giving it a miss this year, but there's an increasing level of temptation to go.
I have never been to Spa - how long does it take to drive there from Calais?
Old 14 Apr 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3058793)   #96
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
.......but there's an increasing level of temptation to go.
I got as far as booking that weekend off work, in case I felt moved to finally go to Spa. The carrot this year, was the race debut of the Toyota, but given their withdrawal, I shall give it a miss once again.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3058833)   #97
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I have never been to Spa - how long does it take to drive there from Calais?
It's about 3 and a half hours. We've done it from here (not a million miles from you) leaving pretty promptly on Saturday morning to catch Le Shuttle and getting there in time to pick up tickets, and find a seat around La Source for the start. This isn't caning it at all - more a case of trundling down in our distinctly non LMP1 Toyota Hybrid.

We generally then stay in Liege afterwards, you could, if you split driving, quite probably make it back to Calais for a late crossing and do it in a day, but that strikes me as a bit knackering - and why miss out on some of the fun bits of being in Belgium?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3059417)   #98
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Have just make the booking for the Tickets .
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3059667)   #99
gread
Rookie

United Kingdom
Coventry
gread should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I am finally going to Spa for the first time. I have booked in at the Formule 1 in Liege for Friday night & somewhere more cosy (I'll be with the wife) for Saturday night. Race tickets are ordered. Don't forget it's a Saturday race 2-8pm.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3059837)   #100
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gread View Post
Well I am finally going to Spa for the first time. I have booked in at the Formule 1 in Liege for Friday night & somewhere more cosy (I'll be with the wife) for Saturday night. Race tickets are ordered. Don't forget it's a Saturday race 2-8pm.
You'll have a great time - Liege is a fun city, and hopefully the cosy location for Saturday will work too!