Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 May 2000, 10:11 (Ref:3489)   #1
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are they doing so well?
A customer team beating the works teams in the Formula Ford championship.
It doesn't seam right.
I suppose Mackmot is going to give us his point of view, but any one else have any ideas on how this customer team can beat the works teams?
Old 20 May 2000, 23:35 (Ref:3490)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are winning because:
1) we have a better car, our car is not a mygale it is a Mackie, the car is nothing like the factory ones that Haywood use we have made numerous changes to the car to make it get to an equal if not better standard to the Van Diemen Works cars.

2) we have a top class driver, Mark Taylor comes from a racing background because of his father Mike who was very successfull in the 70's and 80's, he is in the cream of the second year drivers which include Courtney and Dahlgren and this is a championship which we beleive takes two years to win when it is at its most competetive. Mark is also older and keeps his cool when he is racing so picks up the pieces when the other screw up ( or when backmarkers screw it up for them)

3) we have Andy Mackie, the best engineer in all junior formulae, although his business sense is not tops like Johnathon Lewis(Van Diemen boss) or he can make a Formula Ford go as Fast as it posibly will go and at the same time teach the driver to drive to the best of his ability.

4) we have the best website out of all the other teams, because I made it it is brilliant and it makes everyone want to support us. www.mackiemotorsport.co.uk
Old 20 May 2000, 23:44 (Ref:3491)   #3
teamdbr
Rookie

teamdbr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hummm well Mark Taylor does seem to be a top class driver but lets not forget he's a driver with a top class budget (his massive sponsor being Fulmar, his dad's publishing company).

But sure, the car is good (although the new Mygale certainly is not a qualifying car), Mark has the experience to go all the way and Andy Mackie is a great mechanic (although his son is a prick ;-))

If they pull it off this season, an amazing job. But in the long run, I see either Duckhams Van Diemen or Haywood Racing picking up the title.

My two cents.

Dave
Old 20 May 2000, 23:51 (Ref:3492)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant wait for you to give me that tenner when we win then I'll lop off your head with my Katana
Old 21 May 2000, 00:11 (Ref:3493)   #5
marie
Rookie

marie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My view on things :

The car is simply good cuz of the way it has been handled by Andy
The car performs well the way it is been handled by Mark on the track
And in my perception teamspirit is not to be underestimated, this team is as real teams should be, they stick together and strive after the same goal!
They get what they deserve through hard work.
So before you make any allegations you could make an effort and actually watch them perform and interact.

The money crack is a easy one, motorsport requires a lot of money indeed, but it still comes down to talent.

A woman's point of view
Old 21 May 2000, 19:32 (Ref:3494)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

I agree with all of above.

I think Haywood's have reached a comfort zone where they expected to win just by turning up

Anthony Davidson came with too much hype and expected to be another Button

The works VD team are (in my opinion) poor except for when it come to the festival..

A good effective team with a good consistent driver should put themselves in a good position....