Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Apr 2024, 17:04 (Ref:4204499)   #376
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And now, this...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/al...emand/10597133
Old 10 Apr 2024, 17:50 (Ref:4204510)   #377
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Articles about the Andretti Silverstone facility

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...lity/10597184/

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...team/10597215/

It sounds like they are looking to remain flexible as they are using the new facility for F2/F3. I can imagine if they find entry into F1 then either that is an existing team with existing facilities or if they get a new entry they maybe move F1 into this facility and F2/F3 share or are moved elsewhere.

As to them buying Renault/Alpine team, I swear I saw a rumor somewhere just yesterday that was speculating they were in the hunt for RB (Marko saying multiple groups interested in buying RB). Lots of rumors, who knows which are true.

Richard
Old 10 Apr 2024, 17:53 (Ref:4204511)   #378
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Articles about the Andretti Silverstone facility

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...lity/10597184/

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...team/10597215/

It sounds like they are looking to remain flexible as they are using the new facility for F2/F3. I can imagine if they find entry into F1 then either that is an existing team with existing facilities or if they get a new entry they maybe move F1 into this facility and F2/F3 share or are moved elsewhere.

As to them buying Renault/Alpine team, I swear I saw a rumor somewhere just yesterday that was speculating they were in the hunt for RB (Marko saying multiple groups interested in buying RB). Lots of rumors, who knows which are true.

Richard

PlanetF1 had this about RB.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/potent...-marko-rb-sale
Old 10 Apr 2024, 19:07 (Ref:4204517)   #379
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Yes, that is it. Thanks.

Richard
Old 10 Apr 2024, 20:07 (Ref:4204526)   #380
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dont want to see RB being snapped up by a manu so if Andretti could somehow take it over and hold on to some of that independent/privateer identity that would be great imo.

also dont want to see Renault/Alpine go the way of space for hire team, offering up a badging opportunity to any manu with a new advertising campaign on the horizon. if sold, i hope their new owners keep the Renault engine connection in a tangible way.

in a way its good that the teams have all become more valuable and F1 is more popular, but i guess this is the ugly side of it.

FOM needs a better plan imo in how they will handle all this new found value and attention. more so because they do actually seem like they want to stay involved with F1 and motorsports for the foreseeable future.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 21:07 (Ref:4204533)   #381
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Yeah - that's what they're saying but only if they get the F1 entry. I'd have thought that if the bucks are there (which they appear to be) then it would make sense to get going with the F3/F2 straight away - having it all running with the existing FE team under one roof. That would start to build a base of young drivers from the US, getting closer to readiness for F1.

Michael alludes to US drivers supposedly not getting the same treatment in F3 & F2 as euro drivers (personally think that he's talking rubbish on that score) and if he REALLY believes that, then what better way to "fix" that by having Andretti teams in F3 / F2 ASAP and get some US drivers used to the european tracks and the depth of competition from all around the world that comes and races in Europe?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 21:32 (Ref:4204537)   #382
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Surely Amdretti will be up for running the WEC Caddys in place of Ganassi? Out of there?
Good way to keep the F1 aspirations alive between the two parties.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 14:52 (Ref:4204630)   #383
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting option there