Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2897082)   #1801
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to sources Andrea Robertson is the first woman on the podium since 1931. On her wedding anniversary, who could right that?

What about Lucas Ordinez? He would have been sitting watching this race two years ago playing Playstation, now he's on the podium at Le Mans. Wow.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2897083)   #1802
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSRSR View Post
What about Lucas Ordinez? He would have been sitting watching this race two years ago playing Playstation, now he's on the podium at Le Mans. Wow.
That is an amazing story as well. That's what you can call living the dream
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2897084)   #1803
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Audi.

Nice to see two local (to Le Mans) drivers dicing for the lead.

Under 14 seconds after 24 hours? What more could you ask for? Almost a shame one team or the other had to lose, but there you are.

Exciting 24 hour race, dramatic, incident packed (thankfully, almost miraculously, without serious consequences) and close in most (all?) of the classes right to the end.

If there was a disappointment, it was the Astons - Why didn't they pull out after practice instead of looking rubbish? Their performance reminded me of the V8 of my first Le Mans! At least the Kronos Lola saved them some face and sounded great!

Oh, and I'd hoped to see Lena smile! She'd looked so stressed all race, I'd hoped that if her car had won she could raise a smile, but I guess it was too emotionally draining for that yet!

M.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2897085)   #1804
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Bourdais looks like he's lost a 500 Euro note and found a cent
3 time a runner up... must absolutely do his head in
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2897090)   #1805
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
3 time a runner up... must absolutely do his head in
Feel for the guy, can't seem to crack this egg. Should've won last year but the cars sh a t themselves.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2897093)   #1806
Velociraptor
Racer

Croatia
Velociraptor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys!

Exciting event, my 2nd Le Mans that I've tried to watch in full length. Excellent race, one can only imagine just how intense it could have been had it not been for the 2 Audi crashes. Already looking forward to next year and hopefully some new factory LMP1 entries!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2897098)   #1807
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys! Been busy on 24h du Chat. Wow! What a dramatic, epic, thrilling race that was! Really glad the last remaining Audi went on to clinch the win, after everything they'd been through.

Personally speaking, I achieved a personal best of 17 hours race-watching (not including the hour-and-a-bit before and the half-hour after the race.)
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2897099)   #1808
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Until till next year! Wow, can't get over what a race that was.

Now let's see if I can make it through the GP..time for some kip
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2897101)   #1809
Delenn
Rookie

England
Delenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic race. Well done Audi.
Now, GP Qualifying before the race!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2897128)   #1810
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
Well done Audi!!!

And as much as I TRY and like the Peugeot 908 program, that BS blocking and reckless driving they do really makes them hard to root for.
That's the exact same feeling I have. They've always seemed to be a dirty team in my eyes and this just proves it. Whatever respect I had for Gene, and possibly Davidson, has completely gone. Disgraceful.

So glad Audi triumphed in the end. Well deserved win.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2897141)   #1811
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant race. Some fantastic stories. Great to see Audi win after nightmare of the first 8 hours.

Fantastic racing everywhere, and my thanks must go to Radio Le Mans for yet again top notch quality of coverage. Couldn't imagine LM24 without them.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2897144)   #1812
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Stats: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...se/stats24.pdf

39 changes of lead between 4 cars, Audi no. 2 led the most laps (251). And a total of 4h53m under Safety Car conditions.

Also, least number of pitstops in the field = 21 for the #51 AF Corse Ferrari and the #70 Larbre Porsche.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 15:22 (Ref:2897146)   #1813
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Companies that are currently a part of the VW Group now have a combined 34 overall wins at le mans. Over forty percent of all le mans victories.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 15:27 (Ref:2897150)   #1814
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
That's the exact same feeling I have. They've always seemed to be a dirty team in my eyes and this just proves it. Whatever respect I had for Gene, and possibly Davidson, has completely gone. Disgraceful.

So glad Audi triumphed in the end. Well deserved win.
The intensity of competition between Audi and Peugeot is what's made recent Le Mans' classics.

When you see the McNish incident, and read the views of GT drivers, both Audi and Peugeot drivers have been taking risks, and been inconsiderate to others, but Peugeot will always be portrayed as the pantomime villains.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2897168)   #1815
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Congrats to Audi, Greaves, Corvette and Larbre!

A shame Peugeot and BMW didn't win their class.

Quote:
According to sources Andrea Robertson is the first woman on the podium since 1931. On her wedding anniversary, who could right that?
The 3rd place of the Robertson Ford is the thing I like the most of this years race.

Quote:
What a story!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:01 (Ref:2897169)   #1816
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have there been any pictures of Rocky's crash wreckage other than the helicopter shots? I would be interested to see how well the tub held up to that hit. Also, why was there never a replay from that night vision traffic camera facing down towards Indianapolis? It seems that would be a perfect camera to see what actually happened after the initial hit.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2897171)   #1817
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow that was a brilliant race. That should triumf the '69 race for the most competetive Le Mans of all time. All through the race there was no more than a 2 minutes advantage to either the #2 or #9 car.
It was an absolutely brilliant match between the two cars. Audi was faster when it was hot and was able to go longer on the tires but used more fuel. Watching the Audis try to build the gap to afford their extra stop was a tremendously interesting.

Also great that both teams had to go at full pace the entire race. No convervation and "matching" the laptimes of the opponent. The drivers had to go for full pace in the entire race, because it was hard to predict when the advantage would shift. Audi was better in the heat, but Peugeot had a considerable advantage in the night and in the wet.

Great to see teams use the drivers that can do the job and not be bothered about the rotation. Fassler was bad in the night and lost Audi the 2 minute lead they had at the Rockenfeller safetycar. So he was benched and Treluyer and Lotterer did nearly the final half shared amongst them, with some monster stints by both! They had impressed me last year, but i did not know they would turn out that good. Both drivers delivered absolutely legendary performances.

All in all an absolutely fantastic race. To mega teams matched so close in pace and consumption. This was really an edition to remember!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2897172)   #1818
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very fantastic race it was this year again !!!!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2897180)   #1819
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
Have there been any pictures of Rocky's crash wreckage other than the helicopter shots? I would be interested to see how well the tub held up to that hit. Also, why was there never a replay from that night vision traffic camera facing down towards Indianapolis? It seems that would be a perfect camera to see what actually happened after the initial hit.
Perfectly intact, including doors.

http://twitpic.com/5ab7qn
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2897181)   #1820
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a race! Congratulations to Audi, especially after losing the other two cars in really big accidents but you got to feel sorry for Bourdais; he drove an excellent race.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2897184)   #1821
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The 3rd place of the Robertson Ford is the thing I like the most of this years race.
It's the feel-good story of the race. Great wedding anniversary present for David and Andrea as well. Also, after this, I wouldn't be surprised to see both their cars in the entry next year.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2897188)   #1822
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop Corner View Post

Great to see teams use the drivers that can do the job and not be bothered about the rotation. Fassler was bad in the night and lost Audi the 2 minute lead they had at the Rockenfeller safetycar. So he was benched and Treluyer and Lotterer did nearly the final half shared amongst them, with some monster stints by both! They had impressed me last year, but i did not know they would turn out that good. Both drivers delivered absolutely legendary performances.
I'm not sure when Fassler was last in the car but I think it was sometime during Hour 16? So a third of the race between Lotterer and Treluyer at the end, but mighty stuff from both of them for certain. It's tough to know how far Fassler was off the pace at night given no other Audi to compare to and the fact that the Peugeots were clearly hooked up at night, but Audi must have seen enough to put Lotterer in to finish. I think that was the only break from rotation for the #2. I don't think Fassler lost all of the two minutes on pace, though, as that was also the point where Peugeot switched up their strategy and went to quadruple stints. If I remember from last year, Fassler was also the slowest of the 3 then, but I think Audi likes what he brings to the lineup as an anchor driver; they seem to be looking for more than just pace when putting their trios together and it seems to be working too!

As far as I can remember/determine from DSC's reports, Peugeot did more than half the race with 2 drivers in the #9. I can't find any mention of Lamy in the car after the caution for Rocky's crash. Frankly Pedro has been slow and erratic compared to Marcel's reasonably fast and consistent, so I'm not surprised Peugeot chose to go with the two quick Frenchman in their leading car.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2897189)   #1823
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely. Lamy has been bad all season and i am surprised he was not dropped after Spa. If Peugeot had no faith in him why keep him around? I am sure they could have made a deal to swap say Duval for Lamy.
Although Duval did not have his finist day, i think another driver could have helped to keep up the pace in the #9. Somehow Bourdais and Pagenaud did not seem as mighty in the final part of the race, but that might indeed have to do with Audi's advantage in the heat.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2897191)   #1824
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a very fantastic race. It's a shame that Peugeot did'nt do it, but also I think the best has won. Big battles in the other categories. Roll on next year.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2897201)   #1825
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARRRRRGGGGGH!!!!!

My DVR didn't record the last two hours. Did the Pro Corvette 73 pass the Ferrari on the track or in the pits?

Thanks,

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?